Medicinemann 29-Aug-18
Jasper 29-Aug-18
KHNC 30-Aug-18
Jasper 30-Aug-18
Chris Durando 31-Aug-18
29-Aug-18

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Anybody shoot the new Muzzy Gator Getter? I’m having a little trouble getting consistent flight. I’m sure the main issue is how the line spools off the float. I can hear the difference between an unimpeded shot and a not so good shot as the line comes off. I also don’t like how the cord hangs down in the front, sometimes it’s fine when I draw, other times it falls on the wrong side and ends up behind the float. Anyone solved these issues? I wonder if stretching the cord out and waxing it would help it come off the spool easier? Thanks!

29-Aug-18
There is a reasonably new thread entitled "Crocodile Bowhunt". 1 Arrow had some penetration challenges on that hunt....so you might want to send him a PM and get the specifics.....just so you don't repeat his experience.....

29-Aug-18

29-Aug-18

29-Aug-18
Thanks Jake!

30-Aug-18
Best thing i found last time i killed a gator with a bow, was to get 600lb test fast flight line and coil it up in a 5 gallon bucket. Attach one end to your float of course. This allowed me to ditch the bottle rig i had used for years bowfishing. Gave me at LEAST 5 additional yards of distance on each shot. No more tangles and only takes a few seconds to retrieve the line after a miss and coil back in the bucket. I still have a couple more years of accumulating points in GA before draw again. Those are fun hunts!

30-Aug-18
That’s an interesting idea Kenny! Thanks

31-Aug-18
They’re really not too effective beyond 10 yards with the spool on the bow. And They’ll bounce right off the back of the gator- got to shoot them in the white scales ,like up under the armpit. Hard to do when they’re submerged. I’ve tried every legal method of gator hunting -living here in Southwest Florida and hooking them With a tarpon Rod then reeling them in and shooting with the bow at close range to get your 500 pound anchor line in them worked best for me. I was thinking of trying A gator getter rig on a crossbow next time to see if it improves distance and accuracy.

• Sitka Gear