hammer 06-Sep-18
Lever Action 09-Sep-18
foxwillkill 11-Sep-18
30-Aug-18

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Front of the new Shiloh Homestead.
Front of the new Shiloh Homestead.
I know we haven't posted here much over the past several months, but we have a good excuse. We've been keeping busy working on our latest upgrade to make your next hunt with us even better! In addition to adding new stands and feeders, we also have new housing upgrade. We were blessed with the opportunity to purchase the land adjacent to camp where the original homestead is located. We've spent the past 11 months or so making improvements and upgrades on the home and property so our guests can enjoy another option in addition to the cabins and guest house. Here are a few pictures and details on the new place:

30-Aug-18

Back of house.
Back of house.
The old homestead sits back in a stand of mature oaks where the big wrap-around porch is in the shade most of the day. (Oh, and for those exciting Oklahoma spring storms, it has a large underground storm cellar with electric, just outside the back door).

30-Aug-18

Living room with couches and recliners for your comfort.
Living room with couches and recliners for your comfort.
The house has brand new central heat and air with propane back-up heaters in the event of a power outage. All bedding, linens, towels, cooking utensils and eating utensils are provided.

30-Aug-18

Kitchen with all new appliances.
Kitchen with all new appliances.
The best part about the homestead is that you can walk right out the back door and onto the hunting ranch.

30-Aug-18

Partial view of one of the bathrooms.
Partial view of one of the bathrooms.
There are eight beds and two full baths in the house. Both bathrooms are fully remodeled with new plumbing and all new mattresses.

30-Aug-18

View of the private fishing pond and dock as it begins to fill.
View of the private fishing pond and dock as it begins to fill.
There is a feeder set up out back where you can watch deer, turkey and other wildlife while sitting on the back deck. We have also built a new pond with a 32' long floating fishing dock. This private pond will be stocked with trophy bass and hybrid bluegill (which we will transplant from our existing ponds, so they will be ready to catch as soon as the pond fills up). We have been stocking the pond with forage minnows since last spring. We're just waiting for the summer drought to end so the pond will fill. This pond will be available exclusively for the homestead guests to fish.

30-Aug-18

Looking down the path from camp toward the homestead.
Looking down the path from camp toward the homestead.
There is now a gate in front of cabin #2 at camp where guests of the homestead can walk down the short trail to the house. No more driving down the road to the guest house. We also built bridges over the drainages in the event of rain.

30-Aug-18
That's quite an undertaking. almost makes me want to visit Oklahoma again.. ;)

I was reading the 20 year Bowsite thread and was thinking back to out lunchtime chatroom conversations 20+ years ago.

30-Aug-18
Matt & Cheryl - that is too cool! When we were last down (over Christmas break), you guys were telling us about this project! I was wondering how things were going! When you see how big and awesome the results are, it explains how many months of work were required! Our family has love every trip to Shiloh, but this is going to take it to the next level! Please pencil us in to use the new setup during our week in March! I'll share the pics with Christy and the kids. They'll be excited! If you need more deposit $, just have Matt text me!

30-Aug-18
Very nice set up and you are very thoughtful of your guests.

30-Aug-18
The house really looks nice and comfortable. Congrats on completion.

30-Aug-18
Thank you all for the kind comments. We always strive to assure our guests have not only a good experience while hunting, but a comfortable, peaceful and enjoyable experience in the cabins and houses. We appreciate the fact that our guests not only spend their hard-earned money to come hunt with us, but also have used up vacation time and spent hours (or even days) to travel to Oklahoma. This is just one more way we can assure that we have accommodations to suit every need. We hope to add a few more perks later (like a coop full of hens for farm-fresh eggs for breakfast...but first I need to get the predator problem under control in the barn). Dave, we have you and your family written down for your stay here next March. We're looking forward to seeing you all again!

-Cheryl

30-Aug-18
That looks awesome! Can’t wait for my next Shiloh trip.

31-Aug-18
That looks fantastic.....

31-Aug-18
Dadgum, that is fancy. Better keep the rustic cabins handy for the muddy booted, hairy legged boys we bring down.

31-Aug-18
Looks like heaven in OK Matt and Cheryl! Congrats on your success!

31-Aug-18
Christy, Ben & I are on our way to a Manitoba bear hunt- staying the night in Illinois. I showed them all the pictures and they're as impressed as I was! Christy wants to know if you are allowed to pee off the deck....? ;-)

01-Sep-18
I hunted down at Shiloh at the end of July (toasty) and got to take a tour of this new Pork Palace. WOW! Matt & Cheryl have done a fantastic job. I saw the old homestead (that's being kind) and the change is night and day. If Matt gets out of preaching he'd make a dandy general contractor.

02-Sep-18
Yeah Scott, this place is too classy for hairy legs! :)

Dave- tell Christy I'm glad she reminded me I need to buy a new sign. Sadly, I also need to buy one that says "No throwing chicken bones under bed", "No soiling sheets without warning us of such" " No whittling in the house" and several others I don't really need to mention! (They make for better campfire chats than internet posts)

Mike- your reaction alone was worth all the hard work!

04-Sep-18
Looks awesome Matt & Cheryl!!

04-Sep-18
What a top notch operation in every respect. I've never read a single negative comment about your operation. I look forward to hunting it someday.

05-Sep-18
Hey guys that's NICE!

05-Sep-18
How far is the new house from camp? Cleaning rail at new place???

06-Sep-18
Place looks awesome ..great job !!

06-Sep-18
Lucas, it's right across the fence from camp. We put a gate in and built two bridges where you can walk from the house right into camp. No cleaning gambrel or anything like that at the new place. We want to keep this house nice enough for us to retire to.

09-Sep-18
Class accommodations right there.

10-Sep-18

Curtis from Illinois with a good hog.
Curtis from Illinois with a good hog.
Thought I'd just go ahead and post some pics from this weekend while we have this thread going. Here's Curtis from Illinois with a nice hog he killed at 1a this weekend.

10-Sep-18

Joe from Illinois with his spot and stalk hog.
Joe from Illinois with his spot and stalk hog.
Joe shot this hog while stalking the creek bed. Good shooting guys!

11-Sep-18
Congrats to both hunters. Nice hogs. Curtis shot curly.

• Sitka Gear