rooster 30-Aug-18
Zbone 30-Aug-18
Franklin 30-Aug-18
Barry Wensel 30-Aug-18
Barry Wensel 30-Aug-18
elk yinzer 30-Aug-18
midwest 31-Aug-18
30-Aug-18
Just wondering where y'all keep your binos and rangefinder so they are not in the way when you draw back

30-Aug-18
I use a bino pack. Or a strap system. With the strap system, I have another device (don't know the name) that holds the rangefinder on the same straps. This way you can grab the rangefinder and the bino strap stretches.

With the bino chest pack, I have a smaller pack that attaches to a strap that goes around your chest. What I use depends on whether I'm whitetail hunting or elk hunting, etc.

30-Aug-18
i just Can't get into the bino chest pack. i feel like there is a suit case sitting in my lap. half my archery season its hot - and i like something light and breathable.

the Rick Young Bino harness is my favorite.

30-Aug-18
I'm in the bino chest pack crowd for active hunts, sometimes for whitetails. THe other times for whitetails I just use a standard neoprene neck strap but sling it sideways so it is under one armpit. That way it is not getting snowed on and out of the way of draw cycle.

30-Aug-18
I wear a harness with just the binos on it - no case around it, etc. feel naked if I forget it!

30-Aug-18
Leave it in the truck or home. No need for binos at 30 yds or less.

30-Aug-18
Kuiu harness. I've gotten so used to it, feel naked if I don't wear it while hunting. I use a Rangefinder pouch attached to the harness.

30-Aug-18
+1 for Bake. Same here.

30-Aug-18
I also had a hard time getting used to the harness ( Alaska Guide creations) but I have been wearing it all summer for practice. I like it way more now than the old style crooked horn. rangefinder is in the case it came with on said harness tethered with a coiley shoe lace.

30-Aug-18
I use a bino harness. I keep my range finder in the belt pouch and loop the cord around my bino harness strap. If needed I can just drop the rangefinder and it hangs out of the way.

30-Aug-18
I have a muddy safety harness for tree stand hunting, It has snaps for binos..... works pretty good. 2 years ago I was hunting and didn't have binos with, had a buck close, shot and the string hooked the snap. arrow hit between me and the deer. I loaded another arrow and killed the deer but WOW that was pretty exciting!! with the binos on it it wasn't a problem, without I think the snap was snagged up high and standing out.

30-Aug-18
Step 1: Buy a combo rangefinder-binocular....

30-Aug-18
You need to adjust your harness to keep them out of the way when drawing back. Crooked horn harness will stretch so Much over time that they won’t be in the way because they will be at waist level. Not a good thing either. I use a harness from a big name clothing line that I adjust tight to my lower chest area. It never bothers my draw

30-Aug-18

Shiras's Link
Personally I do not like having binos on my chest. I have low back issues and the added weight pulling forward does have an effect after a long day. This is a new addition for me this year that I think will work well.

30-Aug-18
I've used a bino harness in the past with no problems interfering with my shots. Trying a Badlands bino pack this fall.

30-Aug-18
Have tried many types of harnesses and lanyards, but keep falling back to long strap crossed over shoulder so as bino resting around hip or back pocket much like frontiersmen wearing possibles bag...

30-Aug-18
That chest pack just creates MORE crap to get in the way. Most who use a harness have the binos to high up on their chest....let the binos hang lower and you will be fine. The harness allows for various movement where the binos don't slop around. The one shoulder strap is fine if you are just standing there, but moving around not so much.

30-Aug-18
All I've ever worn is the Monostrap sold on brothersofthebow.com website. The quick attach hook connects to your pants belt or pants rear beltloop. It takes the weight of the binos off your neck and distributes it to your waist. You don't even know they're on. The binoculars ride high on your chest. I've shot thousands of shots with them rigged that way for over 25 years and have never had the bowstring hit ever.. not once. And they cost $10. bw

30-Aug-18
All I've ever worn is the Monostrap sold on brothersofthebow.com website. The quick attach hook connects to your pants belt or pants rear beltloop. It takes the weight of the binos off your neck and distributes it to your waist. You don't even know they're on. The binoculars ride high on your chest. I've shot thousands of shots with them rigged that way for over 25 years and have never had the bowstring hit ever.. not once. And they cost $10. bw

30-Aug-18
Whitetails....on my summit stand I hang binos from the climbing piece. Rarely use them. With a hang on I just leave the binos at home never found a good way to hang them close. Range a few landmarks all around and put it away.

Western hunts I keep binos in my backpack lid. Never found one of those chesticle tacticool things comfortable all dangling around and sweaty. Keep my rangefinder in a pocket.

31-Aug-18
Can't imagine going on any hunt without my binos on my chest. Adds so much enjoyment looking at stuff whether I'm on the ground or in a treestand.

Rick Young harness is my favorite. If I was dealing with a lot of nasty weather, I'd go with a system like the KUIU.

• Sitka Gear