onX Maps
Boot issue
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
jordanathome 30-Aug-18
kota-man 30-Aug-18
30-Aug-18
I spent the last 5 days hunting in my Lem's Boulder Boots, barefoot because they were too tight to wear comfortably with socks.

Why you ask? Because on the pack in my 10 year old Lowa Tibet's spit their tread. The left sole literally came off half way up a steep incline and the right was barely in place.

Thankfully I had tied the Lem's on my pack for "camp" shoes. I had no way to effect a repair on the Lowa's so the Boulder Boots were pressed into service.

I have to say I am impressed. Despite lack of any ankle support they were very comfortable and quiet to hunt wearing. I did get some hot spots and sweaty feet on longer hikes and tougher terrain but suffered NO blisters. By the end I was able to wear a thinner pair of hunting socks with the Lem's and that was even better. On two hikes I was carrying 60 lbs of gear over a mile of terrain, some very steep, and felt confident in the footwear to keep me comfortable (as possible) and safe. I liked the feel as my leather boots feel like I'm wearing hooves and really dull my sense of what is underfoot.....and are NOISY.

The boulder boot is sold as a barefoot boot and I highly recommend them if you are interested in that kind of thing. Nice quiet stalking boots for sure that are light as heck and provided me with a great experience when put to the test.

FWIW

From Lem's website "The Lems Boulder Boot features a lightweight and minimalistic design that is perfect for hiking, traveling, and day-to-day life. With a wide toe box and healthy zero drop design, the Boulder Boot is the ultimate lightweight barefoot hiking boot..."

30-Aug-18
Wow...Crazy story. Lucky you have them with.

• Sitka Gear