Adventurewriter 05-Feb-20
Ghost425 05-Feb-20
carcus 21-Nov-23
fuzzy 21-Nov-23
fuzzy 21-Nov-23
nchunter 22-Nov-23
Jaquomo 22-Nov-23
31-Aug-18
I have been hard on my back for my whole life and they said it would feel better with age they lied ;) I lead a healthy life pretty much zero drinking ... eat good.... workout regularly... I already take Aleve and turmeric and it helps....not interesting in getting high but have Heard lots of people swear by CBD oil that doesn't get you high and helps with pain....

I am in Colorado so legailty is not and issue...

Any thoughts???

31-Aug-18
My wife is getting ready to try it, arthritis runs in her family, not even 60 and she needs a hip replacement, happening probably after the first of the year, if I can remember I'll let you know, if you try it before her, let me know please how it went for you!

31-Aug-18
Ohio...yes I add pepper to my tumeric...I got a `loop to hang from...kinda helps one part and the other hurts. My back pops and grinds throughout the day....

I'm still hitting life as hard as I ever did before and packed and elk out by myself last year from a wilderness area just getting tired of being in pain all the time. My family lives a long time 90's plus and at 58 other than my dam back it's a long time to be in pain....

I stopped the fish oil for some reason years ago for some reason I think it upped you chance for prostate cancer which my dad had...I think that was it....I'll look back into it....

31-Aug-18
Forget the straight "cbd" stuff and buy thc that has a decent cbd content. Look for the best "mg to $$ ratio" and buy that product; might be tincture, shatter, or leaf, just depends on the store and day. Take 10mg or less and you should be good to go. You'll figure out your own dosage threshold shortly and go from there. It's not like the ditch weed we used to smoke in the 70's, a little goes a long way.

31-Aug-18
I would just try some mild edibles, ecsp. in Colorado. The cbd may help the edibles will help. Shawn

31-Aug-18
My wife feel this spring on a back packing trip and fouled up her back pretty bad. She’s had a few bulging disks and, the fall did something to the nerves. She went from being able to carry a backpack with a 5 day load out for mikes, to doing nothing basically this whole summer due to the pain. The oil really helped with the pain but, it started giving her bad head aches. Try it. She for yourself. I think it’s way better then a bunch of pills.

31-Aug-18
Have a friend with fairly severe arthritis and he has a hard time living without it now.

31-Aug-18
My bonus son has severe back issues from falling through a roof in Afghanistan. He started the CBD oil and it did help with the pain and even leveled out his moods. It’s legal in Illinois. I personally use an inversion table and it’s the best money I’ve spent.

31-Aug-18
I have a friend who was shot in the back with a deer slug, it lodged next to his spine. A year or two later he fell off a roof and broke his pelvis and back. He has lots of back pain and a myriad of other problems. Says that stuff helps a lot. He gets edible stuff, just says go easy on the dosage.

31-Aug-18
I use two puffs of high grade mj in the morning and three puffs after work. My back is f+++ed and it is just enough to take the edge off and allow me to work during the day and sleep at night. It's definitely a better alternative to narcotics or even otc pain pills.

31-Aug-18
Recently was prescribe it for nerve pain issues and after 3 days stopped it, felt like I had CP the body coordination was disjointed and slightly mask the pain. When shooting the bow my accuracy was diminished and that is what the deciding factor. One other negative was the focus it remind me of being on Lyrica or other anti-convulsants with was not good so back to ultram and oxcotin which I have been on for a long stint that keeps me doing my business without any side effects. It does really p-od me the abuse from others that is making it real difficult to remain on the Rx, if it is taken off the market there will be a real life change. Cannabis may work for some but not for all, just read in News Week that a new type of morphine is developed that is non-addictive but hits the pain receptors, it has to go through the FDA trial period before the market. My wife tried it and claims it really help with her Fiber Myalgia. Pain is like a bad neighbor,it is always around but have to ignore it, some days are better than some. Pastel, your friend may want to look into the 'spinal stimuli' that will cut the pain out, the down side he will be limited for 2 months on what he can and cannot do, the electrodes have to graft into the spine or they will break, I could not do this do to my business maybe in another couple yrs when I shut the doors and retire finally, 68 is a good age to start enjoying the short life anyway.

31-Aug-18
Dude!!!!! LOL ;)

31-Aug-18
Ted, my daughter manages a big dispensary in Seattle and deals with dozens of folks every day who use CBD for a variety of painful ailments. Many are vets who suffer from a variety of maladies. She, herself, has fibromyalgia, and says her symptoms have basically disappeared since she started using it. I'd say try it. Worst case, it doesn't work, best case, it does.

31-Aug-18
Small dosage of a 1:1 thc to cbd ratio edible of a good indica strain if you have access.

31-Aug-18
I don't smoke it but I know people that do, and they say it helps. FWIW

Opiates are dangerous in my opinion. Too easy to become an addict.

31-Aug-18
Good reports on the stuff with high CBD content from an uncle with chronic pain [actually he just passed last week] and another buddy with pancreatic cancer.

You can find strains of Marijuana edibles with low THC [what gets you high] and a high CBD content which is the ingredient that they think is responsible for the positive analgesic effects. The FDA is currently doing extensive research on it

Edit 11/23; a buddy started a company using CBD. I tried the oil on my sore knees and arthritic hands- nuthin

31-Aug-18
Good post jjs….Lyrica is a nasty drug. People with serious debilitating pain are being screwed by the nitwits abusing the drugs. I hate to tell most that the amounts in most CBD oils are so miniscule it is equivalent to a Sugar pill placebo. A medical grade CBD oil is extremely expensive and that has some benefits to certain people and ailments. If you alter your brain with weed....booze or drugs you are going to forget about your pain at the moment. The pot these days is borderline hallucinagenic compared to the Cheech and Chong weed of the 70`s & 80`s. Whether you smoke it or eat it....you`re going to get high.

31-Aug-18
I have been using the CBD oil for awhile now and I can tell a difference in my knees. Also been giving it to my 15 yr. old dog after reading up on it. I used to have to carry her up the porch stairs because of her hips. She climbs them on her own now.

31-Aug-18
I had pretty much decided I would have knee and back the rest of my life. Wrong ! I am 52 and have had back problems since my twenties. I use the 900 mg in lemon grass oil every morning and get a long all day pretty good. It is a topical with no thc that I rub on when I get up in the morning. Knees were pretty painful with arthritis and don't bother me too bad anymore. It wont hurt to try it. I tried the gummies with no results.

31-Aug-18
Rick Simpson oil has to be used with chemo and other treatments. It's not a miracle cure. It just helps with symptoms of chemo. A lot of people die because they put everything into that instead of sticking with treatment as well as the cannabis.

Edit: this was a reply to that ad post that got deleted.

31-Aug-18

Yellowjacket's Link
This is an outfit in Colorado I'm familiar with their operation. Full spectrum CBD oil with minimal thc. Family business and the wife is a pharmacist. I can't use it because of possible drug test at work and no guarantee the small amount of thc won't show up in a test. But I sent some to my 85 year old mom for her to try to help with her back and muscle issues.

31-Aug-18
All you guys for whom CBD has helped you or your relatives' ailments had best listen to Franklin. He's obviously an expert on the subject! LOL!

31-Aug-18
Be careful on the edibles. Some of them are potent. I tried some after my two staph infections in my knee replacement and 9 surgeries in 3 years. I have never taken “recreational” drugs before. I took have of some tootsie roll like thing. I was knocked flat on my back. Everytime I closed my eyes I was seeing all kinds of wired crap. I vomited three times. I do have to say that it was the first time I have vomited that didn’t bother me. It lasted around 3 hours. I did not like how it made me feel and got rid of the rest. I can’t imagine if a kid got this stuff what they would do? It could be a terrifying expierence for them. Just be careful what you try and if you do start out with a small amount. The smell of MJ now makes me feel ill.

31-Aug-18
The plural of "Anecdote" is NOT "data".

It's damn tough to study something with such a high placebo value, and I don't mean that as a way to say we shouldn't.

I only mean to say that if it truly is safe AND effective, then that ought to be evident in both blinded and unblinded tests. I only see the latter here, and the those of the former which have been done have been disappointing at worst, and merely hypothesis-generating at best.

Those who think that mainstream medicine is "against" this don't seem to be going to conferences that I read about: everything in the medical literature seems like "glowing adoration" to me. And drug companies would love to have it legalized -- they could finally compete head-to-head, with significant advantages, with their arch-nemesis: the alcohol industry. But it's just too early, and there have been some major disappointments on the way to a "new opioid" to replace the old ones.

As a physician who would love to have safe and effective tools to use ... I'm interested. But I'm not interested in telling someone that "I'm sure it works because there are so many positive stories from Colorado." Call me old-fashioned: I expect weed to work. Yes, sometimes we have to move ahead without having all the answers -- but that's never something to do lightly.

If anyone should understand "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'," it's hunters.

31-Aug-18
My wife has never smoked dope or taken any drug in her life recreational. I've had her to hoards of doctors to help here with her fibro and back pain. While she fell last spring and really ruptured stuff, she has fought Bulging disks and fibro for years. So, when our son brought her a bottle to try a couple months ago, she did so frankly from the angle we were out of options. And, we truly didn't even know what it was for a couple days. Until I saw how it helped her and decided to research it. Make no mistake, there was no placebo affect on her. It helped her tremendously.

I've been through life. Like a lot of people here. So has my wife. From bad car wrecks, to being run over, to cancer, etc.... There are so many things out there that Naturally can help people. I'm not a make it legal kind of guy. But, I in no way think it compares to the danger of opiods for treating chronic pain. Nor do I think the pills are as effective at doing so. No ingrained medical research there but, I don't need that to know that it helped her greatly. I'll take a wife that puts a couple drops of CBD oil on her tongue in the evenings over a pill head any day.

31-Aug-18
Thanks for all the responses...been gone all day i will give it shot....might have missed it in one of the posts...but some of the applications can be use without getting high even a little bit????

31-Aug-18
I was reading in a magazine a few years back there is a lichen or seaweed in the Antarctic I think it was that has some type of medically beneficial THC in it. The scientists were studying this to see if it was feasible. WRT the oil.....I recall about 4-5 years ago there was some guy with cancer on another hunting website that was pushing a particular oil as a holistic cure-all for cancer. I think it was supposed to be put on your skin and absorbed that way. He had all sorts of literature and source material he would post up promoting this oil. He was very anti-chemo. I think I was going thru chemo myself at the time so I was following along with his oil threads. As I recall....this oil didn't work for him and he didn't make it. At the end of the day...it was his cancer and his call.

31-Aug-18
What's the harm in trying it? If it works for you, I'd say go for it. I can't use it because I'm employed in a highly regulated industry that drug test periodically and everyone who is involved with any incident so it's a risk for my career. The reason I can't use it is because the FDA has it classified as a schedule 1 drug which means "there is no medicinal value", I think this is also a contributing factor that there isn't a lot of clinical data for it. Another reason is there isn't a big financial windfall for pharmaceutical companies to try to do clinical trials, it's actually to their advantage that it stays schedule 1 and if it comes off, they have the most to lose.

If you do try some that has THC and choose edibles, be aware that it takes a while for it to kick in so start small and wait an hour or so before you decide you need more. 5mg will get you pretty impaired, 10mg will probably get you totally wasted.

31-Aug-18
Adventure, my wife doesn’t get high. Ive tried it twice when my knees were hurting badly. I didn’t get high. I’m talking about the CBD oil. As far as the other sources talked about here, I wouldn’t know.

Try it. If you have chronic pain it is sure better then daily regimens of pills. It’s two drops on your tongue.

09-Jan-20
If you are a trad archer you can skip the CBD and go straight to the real stuff!

09-Jan-20
I know someone who has had very good results reducing their essential tremors with CBD.

09-Jan-20
I was in CO last year hunting elk with my Dad, I had a tooth flare up on me to the point that Ibuprofen was not touching it. I was willing to try anything to take that pain away. We were close to stopping at the Delta Dab and Doobie, but made it home to get it yanked out. Wonder if it helps for tooth pain?

09-Jan-20
I’ll admit I haven’t tried it but the ones I know that have seamed to quit seeing results after the placebo wore off. Expensive snake oil.

09-Jan-20
Yeah I’d try the real stuff. I’ve got a couple buddies that smoke/edibles for arthritis and it’s helped them tremendously. No they’re not pot heads

09-Jan-20
change of topic slightly - doing straight leg cable raises in all 4 directions has helped my back a lot by strengthening parts of my hips that squats and other leg exercises were not If you have not seen a good sports medicine doctor, you are missing out, IMO.

09-Jan-20
Bidswivle

Lmao. Yes they are. But whatever

Candor. You are right and a great sports medicine guy is going to treat each client differently and that may include various medicine and exercise

One size does not fit everybody no matter what the issues are

09-Jan-20
I suggest reading all you can about it. It works for some and not for others as just about any medicine does. Edibles are not for everyone. Some do not absorb it well through the digestive system. Even strong tinctures may not have an effect you are looking for. For many the best way is vaping the oil. It is absorbed quickly and an effective way of delivery of the medicine. Just have to make an educated decision and see if it makes a difference. I would say stay away from off brands. Do not use flavored products and try to find brands certified what processes they use to abstract the CBD oil (or THC if you go with both). As stated before small amounts of THC SEEM to make it more effective.

09-Jan-20
Franklin..lol

09-Jan-20
Still using 300 full spectrum CBD tincture twice a day for my knees and it had made an amazing difference. I went off for a week and a half to see what happened, and the stiffness and soreness returned after exercise/hiking. Had to straighten the worse one out in stages. Two days after going back on it, the stiffness and soreness went away. Did a 3.5 mile snowshoe trek the other day and had no soreness during or after. That's all I know.

My next door neighbor doctor is still swearing by it for his severe arthritis pain. So I dunno...

09-Jan-20
Yes. Works for some. Not for others. Jaquomo nailed it "So I dunno..."

09-Jan-20
I'm not quite 60 and have two hip replacements from 6-8 years ago and just had a bunch of pins and plates put in my foot to realign it. Did the original foot surgery 24 years ago (it was supposed to last 20) a few years after I was diagnosed with Lymes (the first time). One of its known issues is premature arthritis and joint destruction. I've got that all over my body.

With what I know about dose response curves hesitant to try something like CBD on just testimonials. There has to be an active ingredient in the oil, slave, tincture. Whether its THC or THC free still an active ingredient exists.

I was diagnosed with Lymes again this fall, was on 2 weeks of antibiotics. decided to have the foot surgery end of hunting season, contacted a UTI, so more anti-biotics. That said 5 weeks out of the surgery and several months of antibiotics off and on, back feels great, foot even better. I was gonna try the CBD to help with the back and foot pain but thinking the multiple doses of varied anti-biotics put me in a better place. Time will tell.

09-Jan-20
I think it’s just Placebo effect. I know some friends that swear CBD is the cure all to anything. I don’t agree. I’ve seen some Scientifically studies that prove it really does absolutely nothing to help with the things people say it helps with

09-Jan-20
Ermine, if a placebo removes the stiffness from one knee and the chronic soreness from another so I can hike and hunt like I did before they deteriorated, then I'm all for it.

One thing that is fact - independent testing labs have found a marked difference in the potency between different brands with supposedly the same mg concentration. So its very possible that people who don't experience any relief are using an inferior tincture or topical. I know way too many credible people I trust who have experienced real pain relief, including me, to believe it's simply a form of placebo-based mass hysteria.

I do not believe cannabidiol is a cure-all for everything, as some claim. I do believe it is an anti-inflammatory. After all, aspirin is a plant-based NSAID. Why can't some accept that hemp derivatives may contain plant-based anti-inflammatories as well?

10-Jan-20
" If anyone should understand "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'," it's hunters. " AMEN!

10-Jan-20
RK, have you met my buddies? Talked to them? I’m just curious cause I’ve never met you.

10-Jan-20
I have a buddy who makes his own CBD cream and gives it to friends and family members with certain ailments, including his 80-plus year old grandmother. Knowing this guy, I'm sure it's pretty potent. He can't keep up with demand for the stuff.

I tried some about a year ago when I broke 5 ribs in a skiing accident. I didn't notice any real pain relief. But then again, fentanyl barely provided any relief from that damn injury, either. Broken ribs suck.

Matt

10-Jan-20
I started on the liquid oral back in August. Works for me right shoulder bad enough to wake me up at night, right knee pain, both gone. If you try it give it a month it isn't an instant pain reliever. I take 1mg once a day.

10-Jan-20
I don't know the first thing about CBD, but I do know that if someone offers you a gummy bear in Colorado, be ready for the ride of your life. I still can hardly look at a gummy bear without wanting to run to a safe space and and start crying. I have no idea what I was thinking during that 2 hours of my life, but I know what my thoughts were thinking.

10-Jan-20
Plant-based, so must be good, right? (Oh, like curare?)

I'll weigh in ... CBD has NOT been shown to have a benefit for such things, and most certainly is not "anti-inflammatory".

The question, then, is "Why do some like it so much?" And the response is something like: Because PAIN is way, way more than a sensory experience.

I'm familiar with the "I don't care if it's a placebo if it works"-argument, and even somewhat moved to agree.

So, what's wrong with placebos?

Well, nothing, unless they supply the wrong narrative to the person about the nature of pain (i.e. that it is something to be "treated", that it is "abnormal", that the underlying condition is "irreversibly bad", or that the person gets the idea that they are not ADAPTABLE to "arthritis").

Or, many placebos shift attention from healthy behaviors (exercise, resistance training, nutrition, avoiding excesses of alcohol) toward useless tinctures that seem to always multiply over time. The person often finds themselves reaching ineffectively for the next best tincture and conspiracy theory about Big Pharma. (I'm not saying this always happens, but when it does, it's a "bad" outcome for a placebo, that I am "against".)

Look, if you're looking for something to treat aches and pains, in general a pill or plant ain't the answer, and operations even less so. The answer almost always is a graded, progressive program of exercise that empowers the person to see their abilities instead of their limitations, and decreases "kinesiophobia" (fear of movement) that pain often leads to.

10-Jan-20

Jaquomo's Link
John, you know I respect the hell out of you, and respect your medical training. What I can't explain is that nothing changed with my exercise/diet/hiking/hunting routine except I started taking .5 mg of this tincture every day, which was recommended to me by a former Special Forces buddy who has multiple battle injuries, who told me it really helped with his pain.

Within a week, the left knee that I used to have to straighten in stages from sitting after hiking or working out, had no more stiffness, no issues at all. This had been a problem for several years. After two months I went off the CBD just to see, and within a week the stiffness returned. Not just a "little", either.

My right knee has had post-exercise pain for a couple years. Not enough that I couldn't gut it out, but pain nonetheless. Now I can do squats, snowshoe all over the mountain, pain free.

Before CBD, Ibuprophin helped for a few hours, but I didn't want to be an Ibuprophin-head with all the long term side effects.

The only thing that changed in my whole lifestyle was that I was able to add squats and weighted leg lifts to my workout routine, which caused too much discomfort before. And when I stand up or get out of the truck, I don't have to do it in stages until the left knee loosens up.

So perhaps this is just a case of Mass Placebo Hysteria. If so, given how many credible people I know who claim to get relief from pain and stiffness, it is the most amazing placebo in history.

Here's a link to a peer-reviewed article in Medical News Today that explains the physiological effect of CBD on pain receptors and the anti-inflammatory effects. It also includes a link to a study published in Neurotherapeutics.

"According to one study posted to Neurotherapeutics, this is because CBD itself does very little to the ECS. Instead, it activates or inhibits other compounds in the endocannabinoid system.

For example, CBD stops the body from absorbing anandamide, a compound associated with regulating pain. So, increased levels of anandamide in the bloodstream may reduce the amount of pain a person feels.

Cannabidiol may also limit inflammation in the brain and nervous system, which may benefit people experiencing pain."

10-Jan-20
For those that are interested, Extract Labs offers a 25% discount for veterans.

10-Jan-20
When researching be VERY cautious of AMA sponsored studies. The AMA is backed completely by big pharma. Independent studies and those form outside the USA are quite a bit more expanded.

10-Jan-20
Lou ... more later ... but just consider that pain doesn't equate with tissue damage ... pain is an output of the brain, not an input. I don't think "Placebo" is the right word to use. CBD was something that decreased the likelihood of "experiencing" pain.

And so what if CBD is, in some limited way, "anti-inflammatory"? Anti-inflammatories have an overall rotten record for treating "aches and pains" and even advanced cases of arthritis.

Pain of joints ought to be thought of in the whole context: expectations, tissue damage, overall willingness and ability to adapt ... "Pain" is way, way too complex to pin on one little molecule.

What I'm saying is best a longer conversation over a few beers (which also, not surprisingly, reduce pain) ... but could be boiled down to something like: Thinking of pain as a simple "input" from "damage" is a far, far too reductionist narrative.

Look ... totally whacko things happen in the pain world. Red pills have double the effect of blue pills with the same ingredient, for crying out loud. That should tell us a lot. If we should understand one thing about pain it's that we don't know crap about it, how to treat it, why some have it worse than others, etc.

10-Jan-20
The full spectrum will have some THC. Federal limit is 0.3%. I know a grower and his wife is a pharmacist that does the compounding for the CBD products they produce and sell. The 0.3% is what they tell me and their plants and products if tested over that will be destroyed.

10-Jan-20
My brother has his .phd in Pharmacology (the making of drugs) and is a pharmacist at a university hospital. We were talking about this a while ago and according to him, there isn't a ton of clinical research on CBD or THC, largely because it's a schedule 1 drug, which means it has "no medicinal value" and because there isn't a lot of money to be made if it is found to have benefits, so nobody funds research, like they do if they can make a boatload of $ on a new drug.

Pig Doc, I love the drinking analogy. I have no idea why people think anyone who uses anything from marijuana has mental, substance abuse problems or is a "pot head", but if it's prescription drugs, everyone gets a pass.

10-Jan-20
So many opinions, so little experience. LOL! This is comical.

Matt

10-Jan-20
I haven’t read all the replies and have nothing to offer on your quest on cbd . Have you considered some yoga. I realize there are many different types of yoga but there are great routines that may help. I stretch a lot. Hope you get some needed relief.

10-Jan-20
Never worked for me. Worked wonders for the old Labrador Go figure.

10-Jan-20
I smoked enough weed to fill the bed of a pickup truck when I was a kid. I understand pot these days is a lot more potent than the Colombian we smoked back then & honestly if I didn't have random drug tests at work I probably would smoke some on occasion. In my lifetime alcohol has destroyed so many lives of loved ones & aquaitenences & opioid addiction as well. If any form of thc offers releif & there's no work place issues with it I say go for it

10-Jan-20
To add confusion to any debate on trials illustrating "proof" or "conclusive proof".... There is a growing school of thought in the mathematical and pharmaceutical critics/community, that the statistics used to say whether something is effective or not may not be as revealing as generally believed. I am not smart enough to relay it and if I were smart enough, I am too lazy to type the compelling argument. I will see if I can find some links. It is relatively fascinating. One man's proof is another man's postulate or suggestion or someone else's antiparticles.

10-Jan-20
Timex "I smoked enough weed to fill the bed of a pickup truck when I was a kid"

That statment will excuse you from any future posts and scrutiny there of.

Glad you cleared that up.

10-Jan-20
Candor, are you referencing the fun with P values that some feel have really caused issues with some studies over the past couple decades?

10-Jan-20
That's funny pig doc

The cannibus and CBD people are getting Cartel Rich LOL

10-Jan-20
Will - yessir, that was generally it.

PigDoc - My post was not directed for or against CBD. I was simply saying that what one says proves a point the other may say does not prove the point.

10-Jan-20
I’d be sceeerd of mixing cbd and ground antler velvet. :)

10-Jan-20
Suffered from lower back pain for 30 years, then I developed migraines and had bad headaches everyday for 2 years straight. Tried everything from acupuncture to chemotherapy, including various forms of CBD. Wasted lots of time and money trying to get fixed. Cured myself, believe it or not, by reading an $8.00 book recommended by a chiropractor. Read it straight through in one sitting. So if you suffer from back pain and can spare eight bucks go on Amazon and order “Healing Back Pain” by Dr. John Sarno. It changed my life, might work for you too.

10-Jan-20
Busta. Yep

11-Jan-20
Hey at least im honest

11-Jan-20
Cuss and discuss all you want. It works for me may not for you. Don't need any research other than my shoulder and knee are convinced that it has lessened the pain so I can function and sleep all night. If it is a placebo its a very good one, don't tell me about it as of now I am convinced it works.

11-Jan-20
This is sorta like threads about acupuncture, chiropractic, ozonics and Nose Jammer. None of them work, and neither does CBD......

11-Jan-20
For Deertick and Pig Doc:

Since we are basically talking about pain relief here, what is your professional opinion about DMSO ? It is suppose to promote blood flow to the area it is applied to.

11-Jan-20
DMSO rocks. That stuff's better than the methialate that my granddad used to use on me. I wish the govt. would spend $s studying things where inability to patent makes it a useless pursuit for big pharma. Two things I would love to see studied extensively are DMSO and fasting for immune system related issues.

I think CBD or DMSO has a place. Not a panacea but have their applications. I put DMSO on an ingrown toenail twice (12 hours apart) and it removed/dissolved enough of the infection to let my body get ahead of it

11-Jan-20
"This is sorta like threads about acupuncture, chiropractic, ozonics and Nose Jammer. None of them work, and neither does CBD......"

Nailed it!

11-Jan-20
For sure, next time I'm down in CO, I'm getting some of that weed called "Relax, everything is fine" and will mix it with Nose Jammer.

Down wind critters will be more concerned with munchies and I'll never have to worry about arrow duckers anymore.

11-Jan-20
I’ve applied enough DMSO on horses to know I like the taste of garlic.

11-Jan-20
Chad,

Thanks. Let’s hit the trails hard on the e-bikes, soon.

Matt

11-Jan-20
Agree with Franklin. My wife is a teacher and they had a seminar and they said what Franklin said.

13-Jan-20
CBD absolutely works, for some. A buddy of mine has a son who suffers from seizures....CBD has made an amazing difference in his son’s life. My 12 yo Bernese mountain dog was suffering from hip dysplasia and had a hard time getting up and down. After a few weeks of CBD he is so much better and can get up and down with no problem. It’s truly amazing what it’s done for him

13-Jan-20
Somebody stated at best it works and at worst it doesn’t. WRONG. At worst it’s toxic. It’s not well regulated. Does it contain pesticides, heavy metals or other toxins? What kind of interactions does it have with medications? There have been some reports of elevated liver function tests at high doses. I’ll wait until it’s properly tested.

13-Jan-20
^^^ Yep, you can die from drinking too much water, too. Dangerous stuff. That's why I stick to Scotch.

13-Jan-20
Name a food, supplement or extract and you can most likely find an Internet source stating that it’s bad or will kill you. I try not to overreact to anything...I did my research on CBD oil and am fine with taking it and giving it to my dog. If I end up being wrong it’s on me. At this point I’m very confident and happy with the results. The sky is not falling IMO

13-Jan-20
Mind over matter, I myself would just smoke some good pot and benefit in everyway possible. Some people today act like the sky is falling over everything! Shawn

13-Jan-20
Pretty sure inhaling Nose Jammer fumes has caused some brain damage to me. Then again, driving to the organic health food store can kill you if a meth head crosses the yellow line.

13-Jan-20
Pig doc the cartels are making money hand over fist where pot is legal. When people can buy a product that’s a third cheaper and it can’t be proven if it’s legal or cartel once it’s in your pocket people are going to just that.

13-Jan-20
Even if CBD only provides a placebo effect does it really matter as long as it is safe and relieves your symptoms? People should not be offended by a placebo effect as long as it works for you.

The cure-all claims are what I see as snake oil salesmanship.

I

03-Feb-20
I just talked to a buddy of mine. He is CEO of a small cannabis company. He says most of the CBD products sold in the USA are foreign produced and without regulation. He says they undoubtedly contain pesticides and herbicides. Even USA product is unregulated. The exception is California produced THC products but not CBD. Make your own life choices but this physician will avoid.

04-Feb-20
I have worked in the hemp fields in Central Oregon for three years now and the grows here are mostly doing things as organically as possible. I would fully recommend Porch Apothecary products. Not enough controls on products out there at present but it will get better with regulation and control. Really believe in cbd as my wife has issues with arthritis and she much prefers using cbd from a trusted source than Alieve every night.

04-Feb-20
Not surprising that physicians don't recommend it. Now, if physicians can figure out how to make money from it, the tide will quickly turn. Meantime, physicians keep recommending NSAIDs, which are proven destroyers of livers and kidneys, and prescribe generic drugs made in questionable factories in India, Pakistan, and Malaysia. Rock on, you Docs!

04-Feb-20
You are an idiot Jac. physicians don’t money prescribing nsaids?

04-Feb-20
Hey Lou, that guy called you an idiot. My doc recommended I take nsaids in the form of baby aspirin, because my family history has heart trouble, and ibuprofin for back pain. I must be an idiot too. I think the person who told you, Mr. OP, this: 'and they said it would feel better with age'...is the idiot. Who in their right mind would think that, much less mislead some else into thinking it? I'd recommend physical therapy for back pain. It was the one thing that helped get rid of sciatica, and I tried EVERYTHING...even hash oil (which turned out to be a lot more fun than cbd oil). Tried acupuncture, massage, hypnosis, electrical stimuli, you name it, nothing worked except physical therapy. That was 17 years ago and I have not had sciatica since. I still do my therapy exercises though. CBD oil? I have no clue and don't intend to, nor any other weed product either, even if Cuomo does legalize it. Good luck to you! I did not read any other posts on here so I do not know what is most popular here.

04-Feb-20
Well..... so I was very skeptical of CBD oil. To say I have pain, is a serious understatement. But I have pain, mainly in my shoulders and hands. I have a prescription for Celebrex and also take Tylenol Arthritis. I have had trigger finger release surgery on just about all my fingers, carpal tunnel surgery on both my wrists, one shoulder replacement surgery, the other shoulder had a biceps tendonitis surgery and scope. A fair statement is I wake up with severe pain, live with pain and sleep with pain. And I am only 40 years old, needless to say I've got a lot of miles on this 40 year old chassis. And now this is going to sound like an infomercial... I started taking CBD oil about 3 or 4 weeks ago after reading about it here on bowsite and reaching out to a fellow bowsiter for guidance. The CBD oil didn't eliminate the pain entirely but it did reduce it dramatically. I haven't tried increasing the dose, but that might do it.. now I know some are thinking this is a placebo effect. About two weeks into it, I purposely didn't take it for two days to see if I would notice and sure enough, the pain was back and specifically when I am sleeping, so not sure it could be placebo if the pain wakes me. Since using CBD oil, I have slept like I haven't slept in years. So take that for what its worth from a very skeptical, non hippie, very conservative, devils lettuce hating user.

04-Feb-20
So you guys that take CBD for joint pain - how much do you take and when do you take it - hour before activity? I have elbow pain from years of lifting weights. I still like to lift - just not as heavy and run. However my elbows are started to give me problems the last couple years.

Trapper kayak ever try spinal epidural?

04-Feb-20
Bullbuster he didnt say docs are making money on NSAIDS, Lou was simply stating that you doctors don’t have any issues Prescribing other types of medicine made in unregulated environments around the world. I love it when people are clueless and yet offer and uneducated opinion. I have been working in the industry for well over 10 years now. In the beginning things were less regulated as you indicated however laws and regulations have been put into place with more to come. The FDA has approved hemp and CBD related products. There are now restrictions on THC , pesticides and microbial content in CBD cannabis oil with more stringent rules in the making. CBD is no cure all but does help people in various ways according to those that use it. Some users report positive results including better sleep, anti inflammatory relief , pain relief, etc... One of these reports come from a doctor I’ve been sending CBD isolate too who reports the best sleep he has experienced in over 30 years. For those that don’t know, cannabinol (CBD)is a non psychoactive compound found in hemp and cannabis that does not give you a “high” nor any euphoric feeling, just relief where you need it. Bullbuster I’m not much into calling names but before you continue perhaps you should go look in the mirror. Thank you Jaq for expressing your happiness using this product while calling doctors out for some of their inequities. Getting upset about that Bullbuster is more asinine than actually trying some CBD. You docs would rather pump the world full of opioids than accept that a holistic approach can also be beneficial. Cannabis oil has many beneficial properties. Check out some of Dr. Christina Sanchez’s studies on cannabis and maybe that will help sway your opinion, although unlikely when you already have a preconceived notion about something you clearly haven’t done any research about.

Adventurewriter, concerning your original inquiry, I currently work in a lab extracting CBD from hemp and would be glad to send you a bottle of CBD tincture that is THC free for you to try so that you can devise your own opinion instead of listening to people with no experience using it. Lou, I’m happy that you’ve found something that’s working for you, I also have been enjoying the benefits of CBD for quite some time now and would also send you a bottle of tincture as well if you’re interested so PM me. Sometimes people are haters and you can’t change that, but tons of people, those that are open minded enough to try it out, certainly recognize benefits that they can only attribute to the use of the cannabis oil.

04-Feb-20
I may be an idiot, but at least I can write in complete sentences.. :-) And I only had five years of college..

Woodguy, I take .5 ml under the tongue morning and evening and hold it for a minute so it can absorb. A few weeks ago (after all the hoorah on this thread) I went off for a week again.. Sure enough, soreness came back after hiking, snowshoeing, and working out. Went back on it and after a couple days the soreness was greatly reduced when doing the same activities. If this is a placebo, I'm all for it.

As for doctors, my mom has been in a $10K month nursing home for the past four years due to an admitted misdiagnosis by a doctor that wrecked her life.

04-Feb-20
woodguy65, no that is one thing I stopped short of. The acupuncture was one thing, and it helped temporarily, but as far as taking a chance of introducing an infection into my spinal meninges, of in having surgery, I thought I'd try physical therapy. The PT was a pretty young man, but very professional, and he just ran his fingers over my backbone without me telling him where the worst pain was, and he found the pain source immediately and accurately. He told me which lumbar vert. were causing the issue, and that they were slightly compressed. He told me how to stretch, and how often. I did this and the pain immediately subsided. In less than a week it was all but gone. I do have to keep doing these stretches and maneuvers, but its no big deal. As far as CBD, I am not condemning it at all, I never thought buds were a serious threat to society or the human body, I just don't partake. The oils in CBD are known to be beneficial so go for it if you chose. I have nothing against it, just don't want to do it. A spinal epidural could work too, but I'll pass if non-invasive methods work for me. I was in severe pain for about a year with sciatica. Now, it is 98% gone, and only very minor indications are present and rarely at that. I assume the PT keeps the 2 discs from compressing and pinching the nerve. If I ever HAVE to use CBD I won't object to it. Anyone else, its their choice. I don't like nsaids either and only use them if I have to. I don't like drugs period. I don't want to mask the pain like drugs do, and perpetuate the problem painlessly and unknowingly, I want to eliminate the source of the problem, like PT does.

04-Feb-20
It’s amazing that doctor bashing can occur with a warning to be careful with an unregulated and untested substance. And I’ll go back to school and take a grammar class.

04-Feb-20
Also seems strange to me that a doctor, who self admittedly has never done any of his own research on the topic, would discourage someone from taking something that could potentially help them based on something that he heard from a friend.

04-Feb-20
Even stranger that people are giving their testimony telling their positive results but yet a doctor calls it placebo. Gimme a break doc...

04-Feb-20
"Also seems strange to me that a doctor, who self admittedly has never done any of his own research on the topic, would discourage someone from taking something that could potentially help them based on something that he heard from a friend. "

I think the point that he is throwing out there is that we don't know a lot about this stuff and it could be potentially harmful to others. Truth be told....many don't care if it is harmful if it gives them a better quality of life. Life is about choices.

04-Feb-20
Ghost, nice fake news. I’ve done extensive research on topic. I actually have a huge investment in a cannabis company, so would be in my best interest for it to succeed. And I never said it was placebo.

04-Feb-20
Truth is only you can take it and decide for yourself. I have family that distributes cod oil from their business. It’s based solely on natural remedies. Their brand is expensive. They have deemed for external use and, linguistic or consumption orally. The one thing I can say with certainty, is they very carefully choose what they endorse.

Three weeks ago, my 92 year old aunt had a birthday. So, a good bit of my family was together for that celebration. My wife suffers from pain. She used some of the frame on her joints. She said it was remarkable. My brother did the same. It was remarkable in his words.

My point is instead of assuming one way or the other, try it for yourself. Don’t let anyone tell you one way or the other.

04-Feb-20
Several things can be asked before buying a cbd product, a COA which is a 3rd party lab study done on the product can tell you the exact cbd % as well as the thc amounts which as stated by the farm bill delta 9 thc has to be less than three tenths of a percent which is the physioactive thc found in regular street weed. My mother has arthritis to the point of multiple joint replacements and cbd oil has changed her life. I do hope to see double blind studies done in the near future but for now if it works and the research to this point shows that there’s never been an overdose or crazy reactions like you see on every commercial for pharmaceutical drugs why not give it a shot. Finding a smaller producer that’s willing to talk to you about there products would definitely be where I’d start don’t buy a bottle from a convenient store for 5$ and expect all you pains disappear.

04-Feb-20
"CBD side effects may include increased hiking, biking, exercising, and sleeping at night"

04-Feb-20
??Lol

04-Feb-20
Is CBD a cure or does it merely mask the symptom or ailment?

Masking pain so you can do more...?

04-Feb-20
Sounds like we need a "weed smoking" patio at the P&Y Bowsite Meet & Greet ... Ed F

04-Feb-20
HDE, the same can be asked about any number of widely prescribed, and accepted, prescription/non-prescription drugs and treatments. Like CDB, they don’t cure ailments, but they can enable people to enjoy a reasonably active lifestyle.

04-Feb-20
Are we worried about pesticides or herbicides in something we rub on our knee? How about bird hunting and wading in acres of wild mj? Isn't it all rubbed on our knees?

04-Feb-20
Just saw CBD non-tobacco snuff at the store. Now I've seen it all. And here I was, looking for CBD tobacco snuff with THC. No luck with that.

04-Feb-20
Another thing to keep in mind is drug interactions are unknown if you are on medications.

04-Feb-20
Bullbuster you’ve been watching to many Trump speeches. Fake news. Lmao! You know everything having tried it and all. Also it seems very hypoctical that you’ve supposedly invested into the cannabis industry so heavily but don’t recommend people use cannabis oil, not sure myself or anyone else is buying that buddy. Don’t believe everything you think doc.

04-Feb-20
This thread, like most, starting to wander. So.. any comments on Two Old Goats??

04-Feb-20
I can’t say anything regarding whether that drug would help but whoever told you your back would feel better as you got older was clearly smoking or ingesting something that was likely illegal in most states

04-Feb-20
My back is as good as ever. It's parts of my front that don't work as well sometimes..

04-Feb-20
Bou, my back has actually gotten better as I've aged, because I've stopped abusing it from framing homes, like I used to in my 30s and 40s. There's also the more "private" activities, that used to kill my back, that I no longer do as often, nor as long. ;-)

Matt

04-Feb-20
Not sure CBD can help with that fellas, although I’m sure Bullbuster would have no issue recommending you one of those blue pills produced in an unregulated environment somewhere in India to fix that ailment.

04-Feb-20
I don't view it as an ailment, Ghost, more so a right of passage. As the song says, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

I'm actually very blessed. At 57, I don't rely on any pain relievers, or any other medications for that matter... unless you count my moderate alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine habits against me.

;-)

Matt

04-Feb-20
Lol! George Strait said it pretty well and I don’t count anything against you GG.

04-Feb-20
"...the same can be asked about any number of widely prescribed, and accepted, prescription/non-prescription drugs and treatments"

Time will tell if CBD will have an adverse effect on society. 'Who'd of thunk' that opiates in prescription form would have had the effect it has.

Calling a spade a spade, CBD is a substance that you "have" to take to block pain perception to cope with the realities of life that pain delivers.

A man goes to the doctor and says "doc, when I move my arm like this, it hurts." The doctor replies "then don't do that."...

04-Feb-20
HDE, not true. I gutted through knee pain and stiffness for years, hunting 60+ days a year plus scouting all summer in the mountains where I live. Sucked it up and lived with it because I didn't want to become an ibuprophin junkie. I don't "have" to take CBD. But it improves quality of life without any adverse side effects, so I choose to take it. It's not addictive like opium. Has no psychoactive ingredients. That's such a stretch to compare that it isn't even in the same league. Like comparing orange juice to whiskey.

04-Feb-20
Jaq the amount of interest and pms sent to me today inquiring about Cbd and where to obtain some is unbelievable. Clearly not everyone is open to using a CBD product and we will not persuade the ones already convinced that it’s not for them.

I have only received positive testimony from EVERY single person open enough to try high quality CBD. We extract hemp using a process called fractional distillation using organically grown Colorado hemp. Again I’m not making any medical claims, just know that lots of people are experiencing relief and am overjoyed that those folks are no longer suffering.

04-Feb-20
I agree with Jac and Ghost. One thing I think is that doctors have to be careful talking about cbd products I believe because of liability. I have talked with physical therapists that have seen amazing effects from their clients using cbd products that the client got themselves.

04-Feb-20
Bottom line ... it works. Give a go, what do you have to lose?

04-Feb-20
Of course I prescribe opioids. For post procedural pain and during procedures. Stupid question.

04-Feb-20
^^^ Are they manufactured in the U.S. under strict quality control standards?

04-Feb-20
Pig I’d be happy to biopsy your liver tumor without narcotics. Can’t argue with dumb.

04-Feb-20
Pig Doc, I'm an "idiot", while you're simply "dumb" and "stupid". I think I won! Sounds like Dr. Bullbuster could use a couple tokes to mellow out, from that deadly cannabis company he partly owns...

Hippocratic Oath? More like "Hypocritic Oath"

05-Feb-20
Hey, it was a hanging curve ball...

:-)

05-Feb-20
I have tried them and the they work not a magic wand but takes the edge off...they need to get some consistency....most are wild catted...you don't really know what you are getting My Chiro and I had a discussion...he said more research needs to be done well we got plenty of research on opioids they kill trainloads of people. I have client who is trying to do just this and get it in Costco you know under some standards..not a guessing game on whats in it or not...

05-Feb-20
Pig and Jaq for the win!!!!

21-Nov-23
I seemed to work for me, I had some mild hip pain for 2 years, I started taking a bedtime cbd/thc/cbn gummy, dosage 20/2.5/5 of each, great for sleep and my hip pain disappeared as a side effect, I was taking it to help me sleep. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and guess what came back, the hip pain!

21-Nov-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo

21-Nov-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo

22-Nov-23
I went to a hunting show a couple of years ago. My back was killing me when I went there. A booth there was giving away thc gummies for pain. He told me to try one and see if it helped. It knocked me for a loop as I was driving home. I smoked pot in high school and had never felt like this. There was no sensation of feeling good but wicked tunnel vision and just a confused feeling. I should of know better then to sample some product from a stranger at a hunting show. Im sure their quality control was far less then perfect.

22-Nov-23
Almost four years after this thread started....I'm still taking sublingual CBD-CBG tincture morning and night, and my worn out knees are still wonderful. No need for the neoprene supports anymore.

Every few months I go off for a week to see what happens. Within a couple days the stiffness returns, and one knee is a little sore after hikes. I told my wife this last time when I was having to straighten up in stages the evening after a hike, and she said, "So why do you go off of it?" Good question.

The brand I use is Lazarus Naturals. My cannibis tech daughter told me it's critical to use the combo CBD-CBG because of the synergistic effect. I have read quite a bit on it and she's right. Much more effective than straight CBD.

Does it work? For me, yes, proven. I love my worn out knees. I can't speak for anyone else.

• Sitka Gear