Brian M. 01-Sep-18
caribou77 01-Sep-18
Aubs8 01-Sep-18
Nick Muche 03-Sep-18
BullBuster 03-Sep-18
31-Aug-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I just returned from Alaska and previous to this trip, it was my very first live Caribou I have ever seen. I got better photos of him than this, but am saving the best ones to sell. Just wondering if this is a good one, a bad one or just an average one. And sadly its one of the few caribou I saw, but the largest bull.

Have a great bowhunt.. BB

31-Aug-18
Great photo of a nice bull. Not a giant but still a really decent one.

31-Aug-18
BB-Not one of your pics I've ever seen are "bad". You take great photos and I appreciate you posting them! You really see some impressive animals! Simply awesome! Thank you

31-Aug-18
I agree...Not a GIANT, but very nice. Photo is great.

31-Aug-18
Not to hijack the thread but maybe the answers to this question will provide some info for BB as well.

As someone who has never caribou hunted and doesn’t read a whole lot about it, what makes that bull really nice one and what would he need to be a giant? I saw the one that was posted the other day from nunavut and obviously that thing is gigantic but what would be needed turn this really nice bull into a giant? I’ve actually always wondered what you were looking for in a Caribou and this thread is the perfect opportunity to find out.

Amazing pictures as always BB, keep them coming…

31-Aug-18
Great pic BB! Tank of an old bull...frost bit ears, fat, sway back and saggy belly...hes a veteran no doubt! Cool bull

31-Aug-18
Stick...This one doesn't have great bez, has an average shovel, average beam length and just decent tops and mass.

31-Aug-18
Very nice BB, I saw it on facebook. With a caribou hunt hopefully happening in the coming weeks it was beautiful to see. I would definitely try and feed him some aluminum.

31-Aug-18
Great color, good picture.

31-Aug-18
I like more palmation up top, more points, bigger back-tines (hard to tell of he has any at all?), bez that look more like your hands curled in front of you with palmation, more pronounced double shovels...but again, this is a decent bull, just not a really big bull. Someone once told me caribou are like snow-flakes with no two alike, and that is especially true versus your usual 4x4 WT or 6x6 bull elk.

31-Aug-18
Let’s call him “very nice”. Nice photo.

31-Aug-18
Kurt nailed it Bill. Richard Hume has some pics of live caribou. Maybe he’d share some here too.

Your pics are nothing less than incredible. The one thing I didn’t see in this pic was a clear view of his eyes. So many of your shots display the attitude of the animal by the look in their eyes.

31-Aug-18
Let's call him by golly good enough!

31-Aug-18
Prolly equates to a 325” Elk

31-Aug-18
Nice picture. Nice bull. More of a last day bull then a first day bull ...but the kind you’d still be very happy to arrow.

31-Aug-18
Great pic BB, as always.

01-Sep-18
That would be a first day bull for me, with no regrets. Great pic.

01-Sep-18
First off Great Pic. Secondly very very few people wouldnt shoot him at first sight.

01-Sep-18
He is a "beautiful" caribou! Thank you for sharing!

Mike

03-Sep-18
Can't tell if he has back points, but if he does I'd put him at 345" which is a great barren Ground caribou these days.

Nice picture too!

Those Alaska Range bulls seem to be much larger than other herds (Less a few) in the state. Can't wait to get that tag someday.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Alaska and glad you saw some caribou in Denali. Been in there three times and only seen a few total, nothing like him.

03-Sep-18
To be super critical, the scrub spruce behind the right antler is suboptimal. Otherwise great pose.

• Sitka Gear