Schmitty78 31-Aug-18
ELKMAN 02-Sep-18
FlatLndr 02-Sep-18
Kodiak 02-Sep-18
CO_Bowhunter 02-Sep-18
bentshaft 02-Sep-18
SteveB 03-Sep-18
31-Aug-18
Looking for a nice sale on quality trail cams....anyone aware of any right now? My Busnells have bit the dust and it happens ever couple of years. I replace them with another Bushnell and I get another 2 years. May be time for something different.

31-Aug-18
Every Tuesday Camofire has a pile of them on sale for a good price.

31-Aug-18
Are you using it for pics or for vids? I use my cams for vids as they give you more info on the subject. I have a few Moultrie S50-i's. He is a recent vid on an overcast day.

31-Aug-18
Cabelas is having labor Day Sale.. 100 gr Muzzy broadhead 3pk for 20 bucks. Also game cams for under $60.

31-Aug-18
I just buy cheap ones off amazon.

31-Aug-18
Both stills and vids, but recently we use it more for videos it seems.....thanks for the info so far!

Neat video JL!

31-Aug-18
I have the Moultrie solar panels for my cams S50-i's.(called CPP's). IMO...vids are also alot more exciting than pics. If you a mid to high end cam, it should have the ability to take great vids.....why not use it to it's max potential?

31-Aug-18
What’s cheap ? I just bought a Stealth Cam off Amazon for $85. 45NG works great.

31-Aug-18
Bass Pro has the browning strike force camera for $99 right now. Pretty good cameras, just bought my third one, other two take great pics

02-Sep-18
Camofire.com all the way. Stealth cams refurb for $39 bucks

02-Sep-18
Just grab one off a tree in the woods. That's what guys do here in Colorado.

02-Sep-18
Every year Walmart closes them out at ridiculous prices. A couple of months ago I got a Stealthcam for $30 that included 8 batteries and sd card.

02-Sep-18

CO_Bowhunter's Link
If you can get the Browning Recon Force Extreme model for less than $150, that's a great deal. I've seen them at Sportsman's Warehouse for $119. I've tried many different brands and this is my favorite by far. But I should note that I limit my captures to video only. The camera captures video at 60fps which makes a big difference, especially for night footage. Check out the bobcat footage at the end of this clip. It was taken with this camera. I have 32 cameras in the field, year round. Happy to field any questions about trail cameras. It's a sickness I can't seem to shake.

02-Sep-18
moultrie A-30 have been very good to me. seem to trigger fast. incredible battery life. I use them on 15 second video setting. very easy to program. I buy AC-delco AA batteries on Amazon (48 pack) and 32GB SD cards. The whole set up is around $85 and I've had zero issues in 2 years. i do recommend the video setting (unless wind is going to continuously trigger your camera) because there have been many instances that I could not see animals on still image vs. on video you can detect their movement when they're not right in front of the camera (not using bait). Good luck.

02-Sep-18
I'll second camofire.com

03-Sep-18
Thanks guys, some great suggestions here!

• Sitka Gear