Shaft 02-Sep-18
Kodiak 02-Sep-18
Pyrannah 02-Sep-18
Stubbleduck 03-Sep-18
Alzy 03-Sep-18
Boreal 03-Sep-18
elkmtngear 03-Sep-18
01-Sep-18
Shot a whitetail this morning from stand. Here is what I know. Shot felt good Pass through mid body ever so slightly quartering towards He mule kicked and ran off Arrow and fletch covered in blood; very thick with a brownish tinge Smelled like meat, but slightly sweet No stomach contents on arrow; I wiped the arrow with a damp Kleenex and it looked brownish red. I wiped again near the fletching and perhaps a slight green mixed in. The shot looked good- I’m doubting myself now thinking I hit may have nicked paunch. Can’t find blood- but ground is dry and dusty with scrub brush. I had a quick look for 75 yards and backed out. Thoughts?

01-Sep-18
liver/stomach. go look in 8-12 hours would be my suggestion....

Craig

01-Sep-18
Liver I'd wager.

01-Sep-18
I agree liver/stomach. He was probably a little more quartering to than you thought. Give him at least 8 hours minimum, and look where there is water. Most of the deer I've gut shot have died in or near water.

01-Sep-18
Yup liver and maybe stomach, could of even clipped one lung. I would say minimum 8hrs. Its a dead deer, just do not bump and you should find him. Pass through there will be blood but stomach matter and such may clog exit hole!! Good Luck! Shawn

01-Sep-18
Yup. As above. Liver/ stomach

01-Sep-18
What’s temp there? May need to be more aggressive if hot , unfortunately

01-Sep-18
Found him! Shot was better than I thought; he only went 150yards and had been dead all day.Worried about the hind quarters but the butcher said it was fine when I dropped him off. It was lungs; wish I started tracking earlier-oh well, better than bumping him and losing him. My best buck by far.

01-Sep-18
Congrats. Pics???

01-Sep-18

Alzy's embedded Photo
Alzy's embedded Photo

01-Sep-18
Didn’t find a drop of blood. Grid searched bedding area.

02-Sep-18
Congratulations. What broadhead did you use?

02-Sep-18
Congrats! Way to keep at it!

02-Sep-18
My old favourite; TR Bunker Buster. I’ve killed two elk that fell within sight with those heads; I’ve had great luck with them and they always look unscathed after use. I bought a whack of them when they discontinued them years ago. Not sure what happened today with the blood; perhaps I need to see the optometrist.

02-Sep-18
Awesome deer! Where are you hunting that it starts today?

02-Sep-18
BC

02-Sep-18
All is well that ends well! Good job!

02-Sep-18
Fantastic, congrats and way to stick with it

02-Sep-18
Nice recovery! It seems every hit is a little different. You always learn something new while tracking. Nice buck!

02-Sep-18
Good job. Nice when it all works out.

Congrats!

02-Sep-18
Cool congrats man!

03-Sep-18
My experience..."Mule kick" on impact means arrow went through chest and clipped at least one rib which gets the reaction. I've not had a "Mule kick" deer go more than a couple of hundred yards, most of the time less.

03-Sep-18
I did centre a rib as a matter of fact.

03-Sep-18
Congrats an a nice buck and a good recovery job!

03-Sep-18
Nice buck and recovery, congrats!

• Sitka Gear