Stubbleduck 02-Sep-18
MK111 02-Sep-18
Shawn 02-Sep-18
ACB 02-Sep-18
Shawn 02-Sep-18
JuanPablo 02-Sep-18
drycreek 02-Sep-18
02-Sep-18
Guys got a question. Is peeing from your elk stand going to spook elk? I don't do it but have had times where I forgot the empty Gatorade bottle and been quite uncomfortable til could get down and get away. Thanks for the input.

02-Sep-18
I don't elk hunt but I do hunt hogs, deer, and pronghorn. When you take a water pill every morning there is no "not to pee". I let 'er rip and I've NEVER had any reaction from an animal. I've made several "scrapes" with my own pee and had bucks take them over and make them their own. It's a non-issue IMO.

02-Sep-18
Never afraid to pee in the deer woods, in fact I do it intentionally when I see a scrape.

02-Sep-18
John Erickson, author of Tree Stand Hunting for Rocky Mountain Elk, convinced me that human urine and feces have no ill effect on ungulates. If my bladder is calling, I pee where I'm standing.

02-Sep-18
Let it fly. No harm done.

02-Sep-18
For whitetail deer I've had better luck with my pee as an attractant than the commercial crap they sell. So make the world your urinal!

02-Sep-18
Let it rip

02-Sep-18
The answer is always pee. If you hold it you could end up with a severe case of uralmysitisis.

02-Sep-18
Urine is a natural attraction and communication tool. You got to go...go.

02-Sep-18
i was thinking that was the case but didn’t want to ruin a spot. Thanks for the insight.

02-Sep-18
Make like a windmill and spread it around! Make sure no-one is watching when you do the hula hula with your oblongdula....folks might not realize there is method in your madness....

02-Sep-18
Gatorade bottle here!!

02-Sep-18
Shawn, try not to get them mixed up. You could wind up with a case of mypeetasteslikepiss. Wouldn't want that !

02-Sep-18
I tried to pee on a button buck standing almost under my stand. Couldn't quite hit him (No snide comments please...unless they are really funny!) but got close enough to get his attention. He seemed mildly interested in the odor for a few seconds but otherwise didn't react and eventually continued on his way nibbling at vegetation from time to time.

02-Sep-18
I do it and never had a ill problem form scaring deer. 30 yrs ago we used to think other wise and always carried a bottle to use. Now I use a deer scrape when handy.

02-Sep-18
Just pee no harm at all. I have a funny story, I once upon a time carried a flask with a bit of whisky in it and if I shot a deer I would take a swig when I got back to the truck. I once shot a nice buck and when gutting him his bladder was full. I dumped out the whiskey and tied off the bladder cut it out and than poked a small hole in it and drained it into the flask. As soon as I got home I stuck it in the fridge on the door. Two days later I hear the wife bitchin a fit, yup she saw it in there grabbed it and took a big swig!! Laughed my butt off to this day thinking about it!! Shawn

02-Sep-18
There was some research done a few years ago about what sent attracted deer the most . 1. New car sent 2. Human urine. So pee away out of your new truck .

02-Sep-18
Drycreek that could end badly.. or maybe already did and I don't know it... eeeewwwwwwww

02-Sep-18
Shawn...I do that too. I bring a Gatorade every morning. Drink it. And the hole is large enough for any average or above average winker.

02-Sep-18
^^^^^^^^ :-)

• Sitka Gear