cnelk 02-Sep-18
Turk 03-Sep-18
Scar Finga 03-Sep-18
Kurt 03-Sep-18
Zim 03-Sep-18
Mixxy 03-Sep-18
Halibutman 04-Sep-18
02-Sep-18
How is it that sometimes with the same clear blue sky above one message will go thru immediately and the next one will take hours.

02-Sep-18
If mine doesnt send right away I make sure the screen is not on sleep mode. I notice they dont usually receive messages unless i send one out or hit the receive button and have the screen not sleeping

02-Sep-18
It ain't working for me . Ive spent over an hour trying to test new contacts and send a test to my wife. Although it has worked for me before this brings the reliability factor way down.

02-Sep-18
I will call Garmin on Tuesday and use my "facilitating skills".

02-Sep-18
First, try hitting the "Check" button, followed by "Check Now" and see what happens if a message isn't going out. Also try the "Test" followed by "Test" buttons that sends your test text to Garmin. They will "instantly" reply if they get it. If those two things fail, I'd talk to Garmin and discuss the issue with them. No idea, as mine go thru quick whether in the Canadian Arctic or down on the Mexican border based on experience over the past 13 months. That said, roofs or heavy tree cover will stop coverage...but you said clear blue sky.

02-Sep-18
Test did not work. So I'm paying $70/month for no service?

02-Sep-18
My wife just got the test message over 1.5 hours after I sent it. this has not be uncommon and the basis for my original post.

02-Sep-18
Mine will do the same if I try to send a message before it has connected with a satellite. I usually will power it up, set up camp, and eat Then I'll send message.

02-Sep-18
Had an issue with mine on a solo scouting trip in early August. I called customer service and they told me I didn't have the latest software upgrade (needed to hook it up to the laptop and let it sync) and that took care of it. Scary thing is I had tested it at home right before I hopped in the truck and it worked fine. It wasn't until I got back in a few miles and tried to check in with my family that it failed completely. Should the worst have happened I would have been screwed. False confidence in a product that "should" have worked. Make sure you sync it before you guys head into the field this season.

02-Sep-18
Sign up for the notifications. Last weekend there were some issues sending to SMS.

Be sure you have the latest update

03-Sep-18

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo
I just got an inteach mini. I followed directions and cant get my unit to link up. I keep getting the folowing messages after 1/2 hour.

03-Sep-18
IT'S THE F'n Russians!!!

03-Sep-18
Call Garmin. Number on the website for non-business hrs calls.

03-Sep-18
Definitely more Russian meddling...I'd call customer service and ask why they let the Ruskie's do this.

03-Sep-18
Same here, that red led light is so annoying. Clear view of the sky, takes forever, if it ever reaches the person i send it to. Will be calling in the morning.

04-Sep-18
I hope y'all figure this out. I've never had any problems with my inreach. It works great.

• Sitka Gear