CO_Bowhunter 03-Sep-18
Lever action 04-Sep-18
petedrummond 04-Sep-18
Pyrannah 04-Sep-18
LBshooter 04-Sep-18
kscowboy 04-Sep-18
Shiras42 04-Sep-18
03-Sep-18
Interested in experiences you’ve had with Ozonics units hunting from a treestand, good and bad. Not interested in your opinion if you haven’t tried one. :)

03-Sep-18
Actually used one on my recent moose hunt with Mike's Outfitting. He had great luck with them for bears in a blind. He gave me one to use on treestand. Both moose came from downwind..... could be luck? Idk.

03-Sep-18
Little to no wind or in a blind I believe they work. Out in the open and breezy, nope!! Shawn

03-Sep-18
I’ve had several deer come in downwind that never detected me. Since ozonics I’ve not seen any noticeable difference in the amount of times I’ve been undetected. Therefor I believe it doesn’t really do much from a tree stand with any kind of wind speed. On a dead calm it might help but those days are rare here in illlinois. I had used one since they came out but have stopped taking it to reduce my load in the pack. I had the same experience with scentloc when it first came out. If you keep real clean and never wear hunting clothes inside truck or house these things won’t help you. If you do objective research you will come to a similar conclusion.

03-Sep-18
Deadly and foolproof when used in conjunction with HECS suit and an Acorn Crunch.

03-Sep-18
I use ozone everyday in my Soclean CPAP cleaner. Outside never. For hunting I use the smoke coverup with a bee smoker unit.

03-Sep-18
MK111, would you elaborate, please?

03-Sep-18
I'm with Shawn, in a blind they definitely work, I've proved that to my satisfaction, but I have very little confidence in them in the open. I have to offer a caveat with that though. The only times I have used mine in the open was from a tripod in a creek bottom where the wind was shifty. I think they might work on a ridge with a light, steady wind, but I can't offer any experience with that. That doesn't keep me from hunting the wind though. I use the Ozonics to cover my backside.

03-Sep-18
This topic should be banned.

03-Sep-18
Banned why? I have never used one but I am familiar with the science. There is no arguing that Ozone eliminates odors, it is used in a ton of different applications and is very successful in those. The hunting one is fairly new but as I said in certain applications pertaining to hunting it can and will work. Shawn

03-Sep-18
Garbage

03-Sep-18
Slate, can you qualify your response. What causes you to say “garbage”?

03-Sep-18
Like many, it worked well for me in a hunting blind over elk wallows. I had elk feeding downwind just 15 yards from my blind and they never looked up. I tried it from a treestand but I'm not sure if it really worked or not as I had great wind anyway. I'd like to sell mine because I decided I don't like to sit and hunt. I need to be moving to some degree throughout the day.

04-Sep-18
Got rid of mine after I started developing breathing issues. Turns out Ozone destroys lung tissue. Doctor said I am permanently damaged. Also said using this unit in a blind was the reason that it effected me. He said, in the open air the damage would have been minimal to nonexistent. I was stupid and didn't read. Cannot believe I am reading about guys using in blinds here on this thread but then again, guys rarely read directions.

04-Sep-18
I always put mine downwind of me.

04-Sep-18
Even if they did work amazingly well and would guarantee success I wouldn’t want to use one. We don’t have to tip the odds in our favor by taking away every last piece of defense the animals have. No I would not use an invisibility cloak either, Camo is plenty..

04-Sep-18
I have not used one nor would I buy one. However, in a small enclosed area such as a blind I believe it would help disguise your scent, but ozone is not healthy to breath in, especially for the amount of time you sit in a blind. If your in a tree stand I believe it's a waste , can't produce enough ozone for the area. Also, if your 20/25 feet up in the air what the heck do you need ozone for lol. Your money, spend it the way you want, the only way your going to be convinced is by trying it yourself.

04-Sep-18
I know a lot of guys put a unit in a plastic tote and de-scent their clothes between hunts. Seems to work well for this purpose.

04-Sep-18
kscowboy, I use a bee smoker as well. I keep a tote in the back of my hunting rig with my hunting clothes in it. When I get to the field I put on my clothes and start up my bee smoker that I have loaded with pine needles (I have just found that these work the best for me). Then I just pump the smoke all over myself & clothes. My experience is that the deer of course still smell something, but it smells like smoke and not so much a human. This, to the deer, could just be a farmer burning trash or brush.

The most typical reaction I get when being winded tends to be what I will call a neutral reaction. The deer does smell something, but is not convinced of what it is. Rather than the throw the tail up and snort 47 times the deer will usually stay where it is for a short time trying to figure out what is going on and then either proceed with it's direction cautiously or turn and leave the way it came without blowing out the entire woods.

So you still should hunt the wind when using smoke, but it can give you that little extra edge you need.

• Sitka Gear