BOHUNTER09 04-Sep-18
Kodiak 04-Sep-18
walks with a gimp 04-Sep-18
Single bevel 05-Sep-18
krieger 06-Sep-18
drycreek 06-Sep-18
DMTJAGER 07-Sep-18
03-Sep-18
I always try to be as effective as is practical and possible with my scent control, but this year I will have to give scent control an all out maximum effort. I will be hunting in very close quarters to the deer. I have enough clothing that I can wear a 100% new outfit every day for at least 5 days. To help keep my scent down to the bare minimum I plan on only taking with me what I absolutely need. Basically I'm bringing my bow, harness, and if it can't fit in my pockets it doesn't come with. I will wear none of my hunting cloths for the drive and plan on dressing in the field, as I have done before. My biggest concern is cross contamination from picking up odors from the interior of my truck. I had read several articles about how people have successfully used the Ozonics scent crusher for your vehicle. I'm not to concerned about the cost as much as if it actually works. I am looking for experiences from people who have actually used the Ozonics scent crusher that plugs into your vehicles cigarette lighter, and what they think, please no opinions from those who haven't used one. In the past I have and still wipe down anywhere I might touch with my DIY scent killer and cover my seat with a .6mil heavy duty garbage bag, but if Ozonics works as advertised I would love to know. Thanks, Arthur.

04-Sep-18
I hope you plan on holding your breath for a few hours at a time...

I'll let you in on a little secret. [You] stink WAY more than your clothes do.

04-Sep-18
No matter what you do, if a deer gets in the right spot, it is going to smell you.

04-Sep-18
Ozone does work for treating odors in contained spaces. I O2 my vehicle every season. But O2 is not a magic bullet. Its only one aspect of a more extensive odor reduction scheme. I said odor reduction, not odor elimination. I don't know anything about the Scent Crusher product...no idea of the output of O2. I use a O2 unit that puts out 400 units of O2 and it does great for small spaces like vehicles or containers. I run the unit in my unoccupied truck while I have the heater and fan on high to fully circulate the O2. Do not breathe O2! It ain't good for you. Air out the vehicle before you ride in it.

04-Sep-18
I think ozone is O3

04-Sep-18
I don't bother with scent control anymore.

Maybe because it doesn't work or maybe because I'm old and lazy. Probably both.

04-Sep-18
Most would go a long way in helping themselves out to keep their hunting hats clean, hair, neck and facial skin clean with a light peroxide solution wipe to kill bacteria. A good source of info is read here:https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/kent-csi/vol5no2/html/v05i2a04p_0001.htm

The human secreation from a compound called sebum is what leaves the most scent, per this writing.

05-Sep-18
Oops...correct. 03

06-Sep-18
"Ozone does work for treating odors in contained spaces. I O2 my vehicle every season. But O2 is not a magic bullet. Its only one aspect of a more extensive odor reduction scheme. I said odor reduction, not odor elimination. I don't know anything about the Scent Crusher product...no idea of the output of O2. I use a O2 unit that puts out 400 units of O2 and it does great for small spaces like vehicles or containers. I run the unit in my unoccupied truck while I have the heater and fan on high to fully circulate the O2. Do not breathe O2! It ain't good for you. Air out the vehicle before you ride in it. "

Crap!! I'm in deep doo-doo, I breathe O2 ALL the time!

06-Sep-18
Probably what krieger is referring to is a SoClean unit that cleans the mask and hose that his CPap uses. I clean mine each day using the same machine. I do run my CPap a couple minutes to get the smell out, but it's obviously not all gone because I can still smell it. Been using a SoClean since they hit the market, and I ain't dead yet.

07-Sep-18
Thanks for the replies everyone. I cut my hair very short a few days before I begin bow hunting and I know I said have a enough cloths that I can hunt 5 days without using the same cloths twice but I forgot I stumbled onto a great buy on pants, jackets and ins underwear last year I know depending on the cold can go 7-10 days without ever wearing the same cloths twice. I even have 4 safety harnesses (great deal on these at a close out sale at $29.99 each) and 3 release aids so I can minimize the scent my cloths bring with me in the woods. I now only bring the bare minimum of items with me and if at all possible no longer bring a pack with me, if it cant fit in my pockets it stays back at the truck. I know this is just my opinion and I have ZERO scientific data to back up my claims, but since I went to a scent control protocol that included changing into my hunting cloths after I exit the truck and just before I head to my stand as well as many other steps such as trying to keep my hunting cloths as scent free as I can prior to use, I see without doubt much more deer and have continued to since going to my present scent control protocol over 20 years ago. I make sure to also treat my wash cloths and towels the same as I do my clothes. I have one of each for at least a full weeks hunt. Gotta admit sure does suck getting dressed in the field when its below freezing out side. I am of the strong belief that hunters do the most harm to their hunting and stand sights by having poor entry and exit routs.Far more hunters IMHO alert the deer to their presence when the walk in and especially when walking out from their stand sights.

• Sitka Gear