76aggie 04-Sep-18
elkstabber 04-Sep-18
Eric Vaillancourt 04-Sep-18
huntinelk 04-Sep-18
pointingdogs 04-Sep-18
Blade 04-Sep-18
Jims 05-Sep-18
04-Sep-18
Just added hunter to group and needs 24/7 service and there is no cell phone coverage in area. Need recommendations for renting a satellite phone...not SPOT or Garmin though. Would like referral to company to rent phone, an idea of cost and potential "hidden charges," ...anything you can offer on renting and usage. Would need to have delivery by this Thursday.

04-Sep-18
I recently used the one in Nashville TN . Only had a 10 minute plan and that's all we used . The upfront was a bit steep at $159.00 but it was nice to have it and talk and text air service for pick up. Overall happy with the service.

04-Sep-18
Delivery by Thursday is a tall order. I have used Explorer Satellite Communications, Inc. 5201 Ravenswood Road, Suite 110. Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33312 Phone is 954-763-8650 www.explorersatellite.com [email protected]

Like I said, by Thursday is a tall order but give them a call and they can overnight it to you. I paid a flat fee for x number of minutes. No hidden fees. I will rent from them again in 2019. Good luck.

04-Sep-18
I'll second the recommendation for Explorer Satellite. Their primary business isn't renting to hikers or hunters, but rather to offshore boaters. If they can't get you a sat phone quickly then nobody can.

04-Sep-18
I use http://SatellitePhoneStore.com. They can get it done for you with a variety of plans. I have used them over 10 times with no problems.

04-Sep-18
Explorer Satellite

04-Sep-18
I also used Explorer. Straight forward company. I asked if I was a couple of days late returning the phone would there be extra fees. NO just be reasonable. Very nice to work with.

04-Sep-18
Thanks to all of you...learned a lot today phoning a few providers.

05-Sep-18
I'm currently in Alaska and have my InReach set up with phone. The phone works out great in combo with the InReach for maps, gps, and texting. The nice thing about it is it only cost an initial start up fee plus $19/month. You can sign up for just 1 month and drop the services so is pretty darn cheap!

• Sitka Gear