Southern draw 21-Sep-18
grubby 21-Sep-18
Jordan 16-Aug-22
Grey Ghost 16-Aug-22
Inshart 16-Aug-22
East/West Coast 17-Aug-22
maxracx 17-Aug-22
04-Sep-18
I had an elk hunt planned in CO for the second week of archery this year with my father. He ended up getting real sick and was unable to go. I still would like to make the trip out to hunt archery elk (already bought my tag) but don't really want to go by myself due to safety and possibly packing something out by myself. I have hunted elk before and can probably make any time of the archery season work.

I'm 26 yes old from Wisconsin a very experienced whitetail and eastern turkey Hunter. Taken what some would consider trophy animals and am in very good shape. I have all my personal gear and a tent and was planning on driving out from wisconsin. I'm an honest outgoing person and have a sense of humor.

Without sounding desperate im just looking for an option to still make it out hunting without having to eat my tag.

If anyone has any info or recommendations I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

04-Sep-18
PM sent

04-Sep-18
Good luck man. If it were me and I had the finances, I'd go it alone.

04-Sep-18
I’m leaving Friday

04-Sep-18
Man wish it was next year just can’t do it this year with just getting a promotion. If you make it back out in the next year or 2 I would be in. Good luck to you. Out of curuliousity where in Wisconsin are you from?

09-Sep-18
Did you find anyone to go yet ?

09-Sep-18
I think everybody is, including most of Colorado!

09-Sep-18
Nothing set in stone yet but plenty of guys offered to meet up or help me out if I would need anything while in the back country. If I go it will be this Friday. Heading to central part of the state. Thanks again to anyone that tried to get in contact with me! Very appreciated.

19-Sep-18
I hope Scott doesn't mind my scooping his story a bit.....but he texted me reporting success on a 6x6 bull in a unit that had 4% overall success rate in 2017, with only 15 bulls taken by bow out of 49 total elk harvested......works out to a mere .0125% success on bulls. He beat the odds!!!! I am hoping to go help him pack out later today. WTG Scott!!!!!

19-Sep-18
Awesome!!!

19-Sep-18
Those cheeseheads are killers! Way to go.

20-Sep-18
Well done Scott. You really sealed the deal on a massive elk in record time. Impressive. Congratulations.

20-Sep-18
Great story. Congrats on the success! Good on you too Jordan.

20-Sep-18
Love it when a plan comes together!! Congrats, and hope you post the story

20-Sep-18

jordanathome's embedded Photo
Scott loaded up.

20-Sep-18

Me with the neck meat....heavy. To paraphrase from Tommy Boy......fat guy with a heavy pack......

20-Sep-18
Wow, that's a great bull, congrats to Scott!

20-Sep-18
Congrats!!

20-Sep-18
What a dandy! Congrats Scott!

20-Sep-18
Congratulations Scott. I'm sure I'm like many here and would love to hear your story. From what Jordan said in his message, it sounds like you beat some pretty long odds on putting your tag on on a bull.

20-Sep-18
Scott just got home after a VERY long day processing and packing out his elk then driving straight home. Ah....to be young and foolish...... I am sure he will post up soon....after he rests.....and goes whitetail hunting.

20-Sep-18
Congrats Scott!

Way to stick with the mission!!

Bring on the pics/stories!

Mark

20-Sep-18

20-Sep-18

20-Sep-18
A dandy bull I say.....dandy!

20-Sep-18
it's an awesome elk for sure, but even more awesome coming from a Colorado otc unit

20-Sep-18
And the guide and pack service was hella cheap! LMAO! ;)

20-Sep-18

Wiscogiants's embedded Photo
Wiscogiants's embedded Photo
Hey all. After putting on 46 miles in 4 days and sleeping In the back of my toyata rav 4 I spotted this bull early morning on his way to a group of cows about 400 yrds In front of him. My plan was to get between them. As he closed the distance rapidly I knew I wasn't going to be able to cut him off. In a last dithch effort I bugled with my diaghram and tube ( I've only ever bugled about 5 times) and found the biggest dead limb near me and made as much noise as possible hoping he would think I was another heard bull after his cows. As I looked back out to where he was to my surprise he was on a dead trot toward my location. A quick range of an opening on the down wind side I knew it was going to be about a 40 yrd shot. As a circled down wind of my location he entered the lane and with the same diaphram call I cow mewed. As he slammed on the brakes and turned his head toward my location, by the time we made eye contact, the arrow was already on it's way. Deflating both lungs the bull ran back the direction he came about 150 yrds. As he turned around to look my way again, he thumped to the ground in a bedded position. He made one more look up to the heavens and slowely layed his head down. He knew his time was up.

From the moment the bull took his last breath till when we got that last pack of meat out was within 8 hrs.

A shout-out to all those who gave me a hand that day. The world needs more people like you.

This will be a memory I cherish for a lifetime. Good luck this fall fellow bowsiters!

20-Sep-18
Congratulations and nice bull Wiscogiants.I guess now you'll be a permanent fixture out west.Sure makes the trip home a little easier.

20-Sep-18
Awesome story, great bull, hats off to those that helped!

One problem your going to have now is this will wreck your whitetail hunting now...........

20-Sep-18
Absolutely awesome brother. Aren't you glad you decided to go now? Can't kill'em if you don't go. I'm very happy for you. What a bull. What an accomplishment. What a memory. Just awesome.

20-Sep-18
Congrats! And boy aren't you glad you made the decision to head west in-spite of the obstacles.

--Mitch

20-Sep-18
Thats an awesome story. And it makes me smile knowing that you not only got to fulfill a dreamhunt, but others were involved to help you make it happen and you are genuinely appreciative for all of it. Congrats and thnx for sharing!!

20-Sep-18
Congrats on the great bull way to get er done!

20-Sep-18
Great story and reward. Congratulations.

20-Sep-18
Hunt the top that's where we found them last week.

20-Sep-18
Wow, congrats!

20-Sep-18
Scott is an awesome guy. I wish I had a pic of that elk shoved into his Mom's Rav4......LMAO! What a great time with great folks!!!!! Glad you made it home. Those monster bucks better be scared tomorrow!

20-Sep-18
Congrats on the bull! I don't know how you slept in the back of a Rav4, much less stuff a dead elk in there...

20-Sep-18
Congrats Scott, thank to Jordan, Nice and kindness guy to help him got meat out

20-Sep-18
Congrats!

20-Sep-18
To think this started out the way it did then ended up with that bull. You`re proof youthful exuberance and enthusiasm trumps the odds. Your hunt is proof that what really matters is to be in the woods hunting. My vote for Bowsite hunt of the year.

21-Sep-18
That's just incredible! Congratulations!

21-Sep-18
Outstanding

21-Sep-18
Way to go!

21-Sep-18
It is stories like this that stoke the fires inside every elk hunter and elk hunter to be. Congrats!

21-Sep-18
That's a great bull! Grats!

21-Sep-18
Congrats! Great bull.

21-Sep-18
pretty awesome when it comes together like that!

16-Aug-22
Gotta bring this to the top for some 2022 inspiration and excitement....this bar is dead lately. It warms my heart to have played a tiny part in this story. Truly inspiring. I will spend 8/31 to 9/5 helping a buddy and his son out in WY then drop down to the flattops to help another buddy from MO and his son.....and this time I will be toting a CO any elk otc tag for myself. Who knows.........could be my year finally. LOL!!!! Actually, as far as I am concerned, it already has been with all the fun I've had so far. Best wishes and good luck to all this year!

16-Aug-22
The better question is who ISN'T headed to hunt OTC elk in CO.

Matt

16-Aug-22
Not sure how I missed this first time around - must of been in the woods. Way to go Scott, congratulations on a GREAT OTC elk. - Jordan, nice of you to help a beginning elk hunter! Karma on you for certain this year!!!!!!!!

17-Aug-22

East/West Coast's embedded Photo
East/West Coast's embedded Photo
Well, I head out in a few weeks for Archery OTC in CO again this year, only hope to succeed again this year with an added Mule Deer tag as well! For those headed out, good luck and be safe!

17-Aug-22
Sorry I missed it the first time around. Congrats on an awesome bull. My wife and I leave for CO in 28 days. We plan to be chasing elk in units 7/8/19. Best of luck to all those hunting elk this Fall. Travel safe.

• Sitka Gear