Chris S 04-Sep-18
Chris S 04-Sep-18
skookumjt 04-Sep-18
WV Mountaineer 04-Sep-18
Franklin 05-Sep-18
04-Sep-18

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
So my basement took water yesterday. Fortunate not a true “flood” where you lose everything but about 3 inches of water which came up through shower drain. So not techincially sewage but nasty smelly black water that leaves behind “black dirt”. Just remodeled so nothing really on the floor besides some tools and throw rugs. All of which can be cleaned or tossed. I had a bear rugbin flood and he got drenched I put him outside over railing to drip dry in the evening and all last night I had him drapes over a small rug with fan on. Now I have him back on deck railing cooking in the sun. He’s dry and not cracking or losing hair or anything but stinks like a wet dog. Can I shampoo it or fabreeze or Lysol him to get rid of smell or will that risk damaging the hide. No way wife is letting smelly bear back in house when I’m done scrubbing. Thanks

04-Sep-18
“Draped over a small table with fan on”

04-Sep-18
Call your taxidermist. This won't be his first incident. In the meantime get it so air can get to both sides and keep the air moving.

04-Sep-18
^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^. Call him quick too.

05-Sep-18
And get it out of the sun....you flash dry it and you can have some cracking issues. Also don`t let it dry on a uneven surface, you can end up with a wavy hide.

• Sitka Gear