Contributors to this thread:
archeryav 07-Sep-18
bowbender77 07-Sep-18
HUNT MAN 07-Sep-18
caribou77 07-Sep-18
orionsbrother 07-Sep-18
archeryav 08-Sep-18
07-Sep-18
Hi, I'm looking to do a combo Whitetail / Antelope near Broadus, MT next year. As I'm living in France, it's not really easy to know which time is the best for me to travel there. I did with him already 2 successful double antelope tag in MT / WY, but this time I want to try something different and hunt a whitetail and antelope during my trip. My outfitter gave me several option for the schedule: September 4 - 8th September 9 - 13th or September 23 - 27th I'm more looking for a whitetail than a mule deer. His area is at the South of Broadus close by Biddle.

Do you have any good advice to help me to pick up the right date ?

Thanks

07-Sep-18
The Sept 23-27th would be the best Antelope rut window with cooler temps if you sit a blind.

07-Sep-18
Sept4-8 bucks will still be on a good feed pattern and grouped up still. Always like to get the first crack at them . But Montana deer will open on the 7 next year. So that only gives you a few days. Hunt

07-Sep-18
I agree with the earlier the better. Sept 4-8th would be my vote.

07-Sep-18
Salut Antoine - J'ai un ami qui habit a Montana. Je vais lui demander aussi. Si la chasse commence le septieme de Septembre, moi, Je crois que le mieux serait de 9 a 13. Mais, comme Hunt l'a dit, si le whitetail est plus important pour vous... peut etre le 4 a 8.

Bon courage!!!

08-Sep-18
thanks a lot I didn't know that Montana will open the deer later next year

• Sitka Gear