Michael 08-Sep-18
dirtclod Az. 08-Sep-18
StickFlicker 08-Sep-18
bowbender77 11-Sep-18
BullBuster 12-Sep-18
jwoods 13-Sep-18
jwoods 13-Sep-18
07-Sep-18
Are elk spooky around a brushed in blind at a water hole? How about a blind that is not brushed in and is somewhat in the open? Any one have experience with these two scenarios?

08-Sep-18
I won’t speak for all elk. However I know of two bulls yesterday that were under 30 yards from a blind that was not brushed in. Neither were spooky of the blind. Actually they were trying to find the bull and cow they were hearing.

08-Sep-18
Place blind early and let them grow used to it.No human smell.dirtclod Az.

08-Sep-18
In my experience, they don't pay a great deal of attention to them whether they are brushed in or out in the open, and they don't really seem to get alarmed when they just appear where they haven't been before. They may keep an eye on it, but it doesn't keep them from drinking near it or anything else.

11-Sep-18
I have killed Elk from pop up blind that was placed the same day as the kill.

12-Sep-18
I placed one yesterday morning along a field edge and elk fed by it that evening. Spike and cow in bow range.

13-Sep-18

jwoods's embedded Photo
jwoods's embedded Photo
Picture of a blind we set up at 3pm and shot an 8x6 bull out of the same evening. Not brushed in. The elk paid it no mind.

13-Sep-18

jwoods's embedded Photo
jwoods's embedded Photo
Picture of a blind we set up at 3pm and shot an 8x6 bull out of the same evening. Not brushed in. The elk paid it no mind.

• Sitka Gear