AndyJ 09-Sep-18
CO_Bowhunter 09-Sep-18
GregE 10-Sep-18
Dooner 10-Sep-18
09-Sep-18

CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo

CO_Bowhunter's Link
This is some of the best footage I've captured this year. Great lighting, incredible subject and mud flying.

09-Sep-18
That’s awesome very nice

09-Sep-18
Great videos. Never thought about it but bears drink just like a dog. Not sure how I thought they did but was neat to watch.

09-Sep-18
Great video! What cam?

09-Sep-18
That's just outstanding.

I leave Tuesday for Colorado and that got me pumped. Great vid.

09-Sep-18
Very very cool

09-Sep-18
Neat videos CO ! I appreciate you posting these. Gives a flatlander a peak at something we don't get to see much of.

09-Sep-18
Excellent!! Thanks for posting. I'll share that with some folks.

09-Sep-18
Excellent footage!

09-Sep-18
Josh, I've used many different trail cameras over the years, including many that I built myself. My favorite commercial camera, just about at any price, is the Browning Recon Force Extreme. It records at 60fps, has incredible video resolution, great color and white balance, and it works great in all kinds of weather. I recommend using a class 10 SD card, 32 GB or larger, and Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. I only use lithium batteries. I buy the AA size on Ebay in lots of 100 and end up saving money in the long run over alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries discharge in a way that gives me problems when the battery level reaches 74%. Sometimes I only get a few weeks out of alkalines before they crap out. With lithium batteries I can get two months or more of great performance. I hope this additional information is helpful.

09-Sep-18
Great video...thanks for sharing.

09-Sep-18
Incredible video

09-Sep-18
Trail cam king, nice video.

09-Sep-18
Great videos, thanks for posting. Hope to see you with that last bull soon.

09-Sep-18
I count myself very fortunate to spend time in these places and thank God for my health and time available. I moved the camera back to another tree so I don't miss any of the action. Most of the time they wallow at the far end of this mudhole. When you're a monarch, you can expand the wallow any direction you feel inclined.

09-Sep-18
Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

09-Sep-18
All of your videos are just terrific. I keep a few cameras in the woods behind my house just to watch the local deer, coyotes and other critters. After watching your videos I changed all mine to video.

09-Sep-18
Thanks for your gracious comments. I prefer video because of the increased learning opportunity. Video not only includes movement but is also includes audio. I learned some things about elk over the last few years that folks at RMEF didn't know. It's exciting to learn something about animal behavior that's on the leading edge. Plus video is just a lot more interesting.

09-Sep-18
How cool is that! Get that copyrighted.

09-Sep-18
Great video! Thanks for sharing.

09-Sep-18
You’re videos are amazing. I’ve watched this one five times today. It’s incredible. That bull is an absolute tank. It’s crazy how he throws his headgear around like it isn’t even there. Thanks for posting this.

09-Sep-18

CO_Bowhunter's Link
Thanks Andy and all who have commented. This hobby is something I enjoy three times a week, every week the year. My focus is wildlife education, conservation and research. Although it is interesting to see what's walking around during the bowhunting season, the cameras don't offer any real hunting advantage, at least for me anyway.

My primary focus for the last 14 years has been studying mountain lions and other apex predators. Mountain lions are very common where I live. I capture lion footage, without using any lures, every 3-4 days. My favorite time of year to capture lion footage is from Thanksgiving to March 1st. Here in Colorado, along the Front Range of the Rockies, the lions shift a lot of their hunting to north/south ridges in winter range areas. I spent four years studying male mountain lion scrapes and the common factors associated with them. This increased my success rate of capturing footage dramatically.

For those who are interested in taking their trail camera efforts to a new level, I'm eager to help.

10-Sep-18
We watched this several times, WOW!!

The videos following this one are great too.

G

10-Sep-18
Very Cool! Thanks David.

• Sitka Gear