JTV 09-Sep-18
Stikboman 09-Sep-18
Stikboman 09-Sep-18
Stikboman 09-Sep-18
Stikboman 09-Sep-18
Kurt 09-Sep-18
JTV 09-Sep-18
09-Sep-18
Figured I would give them a try but can't get them to shoot. Blazers fly great on my Axis with fieldpoints, regular Muzzy 3 blade and regular Thunderheads. 4" feathers shoot great too. Put a broadhead on the 3 fletch Max Stealth and its like throwing a knuckle ball. First tried a stringer helical and then tried more straight. Doesn't matter, still goes low and right. Any thoughts? Every review I read is nothing but positive for the Stealth vanes but I am going back to Blazers for now.

09-Sep-18
I’d shoot was works for your setup. Just because they work for someone else doesn’t mean they work for your setup.

I tried the stealth vanes and they didn’t shoot that great for me. They are real heavy too

09-Sep-18
That's the plan for now. Shot feathers forever. Switched to Blazers last year for a backpack elk hunt. They shot great so I stayed with them.

09-Sep-18
Use what shoots good for you

09-Sep-18
the worst thing to do for hunting is shoot a straight fletch, esp with fixed heads, heck even with mech's ... for full control a helical is wanted... the only exception would be on the new skinny shafts where getting helical is tough, then a hard offset maybe needed as long as good adhesion is assured ... I wont shoot anything but a Helical on my Goldtips either for hunting or Target/3D... I went to the new Mini-Max by Arizona, it does a great helical on Blazers and 3 inch vanes...

09-Sep-18

Stikboman's embedded Photo

09-Sep-18

09-Sep-18

09-Sep-18
Not sure what degree I am at but the first pic was the more aggressive and the second is less but both had same issues. Sorry for the bad pics. Harder to take than I thought

09-Sep-18
I agree...the Max Stealth as sold by Trophy Taker didn't fly as good as Blazers for me, especially with broadheads. Might be the weight to the rear, the lower vane causing them to have less control despite their increased length...not sure. They are definitely quiet.

On another note, I can fletch a good degree of helical with a Bitzenburger on Easton Carbon Injexion 330 shafts. No issue with getting helical with that fletcher in my experience...fat 23-15 aluminum down to the super skinny Injexions.

09-Sep-18
I tried the "Heat Vanes", which are 2.5"/.41" height, they flew good with the Mech's/FP's and lower profile Fixed, but not enough height to control the larger fixed heads like the Exodus and WickedTricks... they are very stiff, which makes them good for my Biscuit on my back up bow, I shoot only Steelheads and the XL versions from it, so I use them on it with my Goldtips and stick to regular Blazers on the Main bow... both are done on the Mini-Max so I get full helical .....

• Sitka Gear