Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
gobbler 12-Sep-18
JTV 13-Sep-18
smarba 13-Sep-18
JTV 13-Sep-18
JTV 18-Sep-18
12-Sep-18
Who’s shot the new wicked trick? Opinions on flight and results on animals would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

13-Sep-18
I made my own for the last handful of years, until they started packaging them in that configuration, Ive been shooting Slicks since 2005 at least.. ... they are ok, but due to the extra wide blade, they do actually weigh a few more grains than the 100 they list them at ... they are a ViperTrick with the Bleeder being 1 1/4" instead of 7/8" .... .. I killed a few big Does with them and they cut a huge hole, they flew OK (touchy in a heavy breeze), but I really like the laser flight of the regular Vipers, so I'm back to those and the discontinued Razortricks ..

13-Sep-18
Never used, but didn't like the look of the shallower angle of the Griz Trick (which is the wider bleeder on the Wicked I believe). Viper 125 works for me.

13-Sep-18
with that larger blade, I would use a slightly heavier arrow to ensure full penetration, that blade angle did concern me also ...

18-Sep-18
all this being said, I do have an arrow set up with the Wicked .... I'll see If I can connect on a big doe with it again this season.... btw, Slick should change the weight of the Wicked for their spec's and advertising .. I weighed 4 different Wicked's and 4 different Vipers... the Wicked are a full 5 grs heavier coming in at 105 grs and the Vipers are right at 100 grs ..

• Sitka Gear