swatmedic 17-Oct-18
pav 17-Oct-18
CPAhunter 17-Oct-18
midwest 17-Oct-18
CPAhunter 17-Oct-18
Dogg3250 18-Oct-18
Dogg3250 18-Oct-18
13-Sep-18
This past Memorial Day weekend, Kelly Harris was involved in a diving accident that ended in his untimely death. Kelly was a beloved, longtime poster on Bowsite.Com. I never had the pleasure of meeting Kelly in the flesh. I responded to his threads, we PM’d several times and we shared some emails. I always hoped I would get to meet him and especially at a Bowsite gathering at a P&Y Convention. No question about it, he would have been the life of the party at a gathering.

I always admired Kelly. He was very open about his relationship with Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior. He openly shared his family with Bowsiters- the trials and tribulations as well as the triumphs. He was passionate about his hunting. He loved hunting with his family members and friends. He had a great heart and was always willing to share his hunting camp, his time and his financial resources with those who were less fortunate.

His passing left a void on Bowsite. I always looked forward to his annual November “Most Exciting Two Weeks” adventures and his encounters with “114’” bucks. Someone on Bowsite mentioned/suggested about remembering Kelly this year with our hunts. I just recently returned from a hunt with Limcroma Safaris. I made a decision to dedicate the hunt to my fellow bow hunter of kindred spirit, Kelly Harris.

Limcroma Safaris is a top shelf, professional operation in every respect. I acquired this hunt by winning the auction bid at the 2018 Mississippi SCI Awards Banquet. The more I hunt African plains game, the shorter my “hit list” gets and the harder the hunt because it means I am seeking only mature animals that I have either not taken or want to improve on quality. For those who have hunted at Limcroma Safaris, my PH was Ivan Dander Nerwe. Ivan wears his job title well as he is both professional and a hunter. I think he has great potential of becoming one of the premier African PH’s of the future.

During my hunt I saw great “shooter” quality animals- impala, warthog, kudu, eland, blue wildebeest, sable antelope, blesbok and baboon. I was fortunate to kill three animals, take a cull animal, missed a shot opportunity on a baboon and lost two super nice impalas in the bush after tracking was no longer possible. Hopefully, those animals’ carcasses will soon be recovered and can be sent to the taxidermist for processing.

My equipment for this hunt was a 2018 Elite Ritual bow (52# @ 28 ½”), Easton Axis shafts tipped with either VPA or Woodsmen Elite BH’s. Total arrow weight was 507 grains. Arrow speed was 219 fps. My set up totally penetrated every animal, except the sable. I buried the arrow to the fletching on that animal. My shot/recovery distances were respectively: blesbok 21/29 yds.; sable antelope 19/176 yds.; blue wildebeest 21/32 yds.; and cull impala 20/29 yds. Overall, I was pleased with the performance of my equipment.

13-Sep-18

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Boots on the ground in Africa
Boots on the ground in Africa
Official Thread Entry Photo !

13-Sep-18

13-Sep-18

13-Sep-18

13-Sep-18

13-Sep-18

My “114” blesbok
My “114” blesbok

13-Sep-18

My “114” sable antelope
My “114” sable antelope

13-Sep-18

My “114” blue wildebeest
My “114” blue wildebeest

13-Sep-18

My less than “114” cull impala
My less than “114” cull impala

13-Sep-18

The “114” trophy wall
The “114” trophy wall

13-Sep-18

Lo the sun may set, but we will always remember the radiance and warmth of “KH 114”. R.I.P.

13-Sep-18
Glad you got back in one piece Greg. Nice animals and a great tribute to Kelly.

13-Sep-18
Here’s another one for Kelly

13-Sep-18
Awesome tribute Greg. Looks like a great time....I sure do miss Limcroma.

13-Sep-18
Congrats on three 114 animals!

13-Sep-18
Very nice trophies and nice job remembering Kelly and having him there with you in spirit. I too always enjoyed his yearly "most excellent adventure" as he shared the good and the not so good and was always honest. Gone too soon, but not forgotten!

14-Sep-18
Very cool! Nice tribute. Bowsite is a little emptier without Kelly.

14-Sep-18
Well done! I know Kelly’s Dad regularly visits Bowsite.

14-Sep-18
Way to go Greg... awesome tribute. Congratulations on some dandy 114 trophies.

14-Sep-18
Congrats Greg, I'm glad you had a great trip.

14-Sep-18
Congrats on the hunt! Nice tribute!

14-Sep-18
Way to go Greg!

14-Sep-18
Good job! Thanks for sharing.

15-Sep-18
A great way to remember Kelly. Wish I could have been with you, beautiful trophies. No warthog, I am surprised. Forrest

15-Sep-18
Congrats on your success! You shot some awesome animals! Beautiful!

16-Sep-18
nice memorial and I know there will be many more, and well deserved, as the fall progresses. Still in unbelievable.

16-Sep-18
Greg,

Thank you for your tribute to Kelly. I'm sure Kelly, would have been moved and touched by your dedication of this hunt to him and as a kindred spirit.

Kelly, certainly loved his family, God, hunting, and helping people. As Kelly, moved closer and closer to God, it gave him an inner peace. I believe it was God, who gave us this special man to enjoy and share in our live's if only for a few short years before taking him home.

The family is still struggling with his passing as he is deeply missed and so loved.

To all Bowsiter's,

On behalf of the entire Kelly Harris Family,

Thank you for your tribute's and for remembering Kelly, and his "114"

Don Harris, Pops, to Kelly.

17-Oct-18
Very nice tribute Buffalo1.

Congrats on some amazing animals too! Impressive trophy quality all around. I hope they find your unrecovered impalas.

17-Oct-18
Great tribute Greg....congrats on your success!

17-Oct-18

CPAhunter's embedded Photo
CPAhunter's embedded Photo
Nice! Sorry I missed this thread last month. Here’s the arrow I put thru my elk in honor of K.H.

17-Oct-18
That was great. RIP Kelly.

17-Oct-18

18-Oct-18
I had many conversations with Kelly over the years dating back to Morgan's first surgery. Kelly relayed the story to me how Morgan lay in the hospital in a situation no one should ever have to face, how he went to pray not for Jesus to save his baby girl but to give himself to Jesus and to not let his baby hurt anymore. He prayed and told Jesus that if he had to take his baby girl that he understood and after returning to her bedside she began to turn the corner and recover. As a father myself his story killed me inside. We talked about family, hunting, Harley's and the lust for life, it seemed not much could get him down. He was always on my case about coming to Ohio and hunting with him, it just never seemed to work out. Between work and kids and life, like most things in life we think,next season or next time. I am out of next season or next times. I for one live my life for me, I work, raise my kids and do the adult thing, but I no longer miss a chance to do what I want to do. I live hard, play hard, ride hard, hunt hard and smile a lot. That is the last lesson Kelly has left me.

This will be the first time in over the last I don't know how many season I will not get my pics from Ohio deer stands, bucks looking up at Kelly, the story of how he blew it, My favorite was I sent him a text after seeing a great deer in wis on public land, he text me back, that he forgot to turn the sound off on his phone and my text scared off a 140 ish class buck that was coming to him. I was like shit man I am sorry, he just said not what I am looking for anyway, but I will check the ring on the phone from now on.

18-Oct-18

• Sitka Gear