Trial153 26-Sep-18
14-Sep-18

MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
Two year's ago I was lucky enough to connect with this Iowa beauty on the first morning of my week long bow hunt. Unfortunately, he has a few battle scars, but since the outfitter had a trailcam picture of him in velvet, I knew I could make a pretty good match. I bought some thin wire from my local HD store, used some epoxy to set it in place, a little Apoxie Sculpt to form the tines around the wire. Finally, the artistic part is blending it in using a variety of acrylics.

14-Sep-18

MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo

14-Sep-18

MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo
MW66 's embedded Photo

14-Sep-18
I once left a rack outside for the bugs to work on and take "the easy route." Well mice chewed a tine off, so I did a similar thing like you. You did a real fine job. I could never put tine on that wasn't there when I killed him, but that's a personal thing. Nice work, you really can't tell!

14-Sep-18
To each their own but I would want to keep the rack as it was when I killed the deer. Nice job by the way, just not for me. Shawn

14-Sep-18
100% agree with Shawn. Great work, but I could never do it. Every broken antler buck I shot is left as is. Only way I would put something back on is if he died on rocks or something and broke after kill shot somehow and was laying there.

14-Sep-18
That looks good!

14-Sep-18
Great job. My wife killed a nice buck with a broken brow tine. I had trail cam pics and had him fixed by the taxidermist. No regrets at all. Some people like the scratches and dents on their cars, I prefer to get those fixed too. It's all a personal preference with no right or wrong choice.

Now if you are taking your 120" buck and adding 50" or putting a Ferrari emblem on the Ford Pinto then you may have an ego problem.

14-Sep-18
I’ve fixed some and let some go as they were. No regrets either way. In fact I’d fix them it if I had good pics of the buck every time.

Nice work! From the pics I wouldn’t know at all that a repair had been done.

15-Sep-18
Well fixed

15-Sep-18
Very nice well done.

16-Sep-18
Thanks for the comments. I get it.....it's a personal preference whether to fix or not. There are others that I left as is. However, since I had a trailcam picture, I felt this guy was too pretty not to put back to his original form. Good luck to all.

26-Sep-18

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
My 2017 buck has several with chips but I just want to keep it as is!

26-Sep-18
nicely done

• Sitka Gear