ElkNut1 20-Sep-18
lewis 22-Sep-18
BULELK1 24-Sep-18
19-Sep-18

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Idaho OTC Bull!
ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Idaho OTC Bull!
My Son & I had the Privilege & to be asked to join on an Elk Hunt for several of our Vets that gave their all for us! The stories that were shared by them each evening were heart wrenching, I honestly had no idea what these Heroes had went through, I have an even deeper respect for their service! I'd like to say Thank You to all have been in their shoes!

On our 2nd morning out we had covered nearly 4 miles before we were able to get a bull to respond, it was the first one & Jerry the shooter was so excited to hear his first Elk Bugle ever! No way could you wipe that smile off his face! I think he was hooked! (grin)

The bull bugled 350 yards to our left & slightly above us in the thick timber, we quickly moved & stayed under the bull to get position. We had moved 200 yards & I bugled for his location, he instantly responded just above us hardly a 100 yards away. I positioned the shooter (Jerry) & cameraman best I could & retreated behind them 35 yards, I saw they were setup & started raking a tree, I gave 2 cow calls & the bull chuckled, I then gave him a mid volume challenge to stay back from my cow, he chuckled instantly & I cow called 2 more times to his response, he chuckled again & I upped the volume on my Challenge Bugle & that was all she wrote, the bull rushed in to 25 yards from Jerry & cameraman. (Nick- He's a Super guy) The bull hesitated on his way in looking for me & that was all Jerry needed, he had just heard, seen & arrowed his first Bull Elk, a beautiful heavy horned 6 point! Oh my God the excitement that followed will be etched in my heart & memory forever! It was truly a highlight of my life to be apart of this elk hunt! A huge Salute to Jerry & all those like him! Thank You!

Idaho OTC Public Land!

ElkNut/Paul

19-Sep-18
Will you be posting the video?

19-Sep-18
Very cool! No matter the reason these heroes sign on that line, the fact that they did deserves our utmost respect. Thanks to all who serve, and congrats to Jerry! Beautiful bull!

19-Sep-18
Jake, we'll see. I am supposed to get the edited version of the hunts & hopefully several different clips where we called several bulls to bowrange, it was a hell of a time! If I get this video clip (I should) I'd be happy to share it!

This hunt was Sponsored by S&S Archery (The Exo Pack Guys) -- Huge congrats to them. I look forward to seeing the whole hunt myself! Thanks for asking!

ElkNut/Paul

19-Sep-18
Great job, Paul! Not much more rewarding than getting a veteran out there hunting bugling elk!

19-Sep-18
Congrats to Jerry and your group!

That's an awesome gesture showing your support to the troops.

19-Sep-18
Awesome, thanks guys!

19-Sep-18
Well done, sir!

20-Sep-18
Well done and thanks

20-Sep-18
Good for you guys Paul

Ya ever do any for us 'Nam vets?

Good luck, Robb

20-Sep-18
Kudos to you and your son for giving of your time to do that! Congrats

20-Sep-18
Very nice! Congratulations all around! Beautiful bull!

20-Sep-18
Beautiful Bull! Good job Paul. I thank all the Vets for your. dedication and your service!

20-Sep-18
Very cool, great work Paul, as others I would love to see that video!

20-Sep-18
Thanks guys! Yes, the video clip is priceless! When you see how calm, cool & collected he stayed as the bull comes in to the calling you'd think he was an ole veteran elk hunter, he did awesome! I will get that clip one way or another & share it, thanks!

Rob, we were asked to be the callers so really had no say on whose chosen but I do like your idea! (grin) Thanks bud!

ElkNut/Paul

22-Sep-18
Congrats great job for such a well deserved hunter Lewis

24-Sep-18
Thanks Paul

That makes sense.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear