Demuth 19-Sep-18
Dale06 19-Sep-18
Gus 19-Sep-18
TJS 19-Sep-18
non typ 19-Sep-18
dave cahilly 19-Sep-18
Bou'bound 19-Sep-18
19-Sep-18
anybody fly with one of these and how much did you get hit for oversize fees on the airflight. I measured mine and its 72 inches total. anything over 62 on delta and you can get hit for extra fees. just using delta as a example

19-Sep-18
I flew delta last year with a big double vanguard case. They included it as sporting equipment and just went on weight not size. But I think it's always a toss up because the could charge you.

19-Sep-18
I flew with Alaska in Aug and had no extra charges .

19-Sep-18
I've used mine on Southwest, United, and Delta.

I'm 0/3 on being charged extra. I think a lot depends on the gate agent, and so far all of the people I've dealt with have been great. I'm still waiting to meet that one person who's having a bad day and changes that trend, but so far so good!

Flying out again tomorrow on Delta - if I remember I'll post whether I did or not what I get back.

19-Sep-18
i have never been charged for it. yet

19-Sep-18
Flown all over with it and no charges. Just make sure to keep it under 50#.

19-Sep-18
They are required to weigh luggage and it is automatic when you place your bags at the counter. Measuring requires an extra step if they even have a tape measure. I have never been charged for oversize but am prepared to pay if asked.

19-Sep-18
I have never had a bag measured; flown plenty of times with dimensions well above the published 62". As long as it looks like a "typical" piece of luggage and is under 50 lbs you should have no worries.

19-Sep-18
I’ve never been charged for a double-bow SKB bow case by any airline. The key is to keep weight under 50# and have case marked as “No Firearms”.

19-Sep-18
Flown all over with it and no charges. Just make sure to keep it under 50#.

19-Sep-18
I flew to Alaska twice this year with an SKB double bow case. No extra charges. I was on Delta. Do weigh it though and keep it under 50 pounds.

19-Sep-18
I recently flew on Southwest with an SKB double bow case. No extra charges but make sure to keep it under 50 lbs or it will cost an additional $75.

19-Sep-18
Same here with flying with SKB. Keep weight under 50 lbs. Flew back with oversized tupperware container with meat, horns, and cape that was overweight and got charged for the weight reason only with that. Happy trip!

19-Sep-18
Just flew with mine on Alaska and no extra charge.

19-Sep-18
thanks for all the replys,that sure makes me happy

19-Sep-18
No extra charge to BC and back this month

• Sitka Gear