DVS 05-Nov-18
DVS 07-Dec-18
Swest32 09-Dec-18
DVS 17-Dec-18
DVS 01-Jan-19
DVS 25-Jan-19
21-Sep-18

DVS's Link
The long wait is over....Dries Visser Safaris is ready to share with you 2018 greatest hunts. Some shots are perfect, some are not so great. Each hunter has his own story to tell and memories to share. Enjoy these videos with us....

01-Oct-18

DVS's Link
Our next video, for our fellow bowhunters to enjoy. DeVane and his wife Kathy was first timers to Africa and decided to combine the trip with a Safaris as well as a hunt. DeVane managed to get some amazing trophies. Have a look at how it went down.

10-Oct-18

DVS's Link
Couples who hunt together, stays together. And there is no better way to start your marriage, than going hunting for your honeymoon! Thank you Carl and Katie Herber for letting us share this amazing experience with the world!

23-Oct-18

DVS's Link
"Think Big and take what you are given" was Darin Kerr' new motto when hunting with us for the 4th time. And that is exactly what he did. A great hunt, unforgettable memories and amazing Trophies.

23-Oct-18
“Think Big and Take What You’re Given” In September of 2018 I returned to Dries Visser Safaris for my 4th once-in-a-lifetime archery safari. On my first safari in 2011 I took 11 animals in 72 hours. What? My second safari I returned to hunt sable, eland, mountain reedbuck and nyala. My third safari I hunted cape buffalo and bushbuck. Africa is awesome! In 2018 I booked the “Ulitmate Hunters Package” because I wanted to relive my first safari and “take what you’re given” as advised my first PH Nico. So, “Take What You’re Given” became my motto. During a roan steak dinner the first night, Elana winked at me and said, “Think big.” After dinner Dries pulled me aside and asked if I would be interested in changing up my package and hunting a roan, a kudu and a 42” red sable, though the sable had not been seen for a week or so. I told him that I would sleep on it. At breakfast the next morning we worked out the details with my PH, Gerald. My motto became “Think Big and Take What You’re Given.” We placed some trail cameras at watering holes in the area where the red sable had last been seen and started hunting. By mid morning I had an old roan with massive horns and a battle scarred face on the ground. An animal I had been considering for a future hunt. Surprise! I was so excited I wanted to jump up and down. I could hardly wait to see what was for dinner that night and if that too would predict the next day’s success. Africa is awesome. “Think Big and Take What You’re Given.” Over the next several days I hunted the red sable but didn’t see him. There was no sign of him on the trail cameras either but, I did take a beautiful black impala and a golden wildebeest. Surprise! Africa is awesome. “Think Big and Take What You’re Given.” I continued to hunt the red sable but still, no sign of him. One morning a big, old, heavy horned black Zambian sable showed up. I took photos of him and admired his horns, which had been broomed back. Gerald told me that this bull had been fighting the red sable bull and may have bullied him into an obscure corner of the ranch or may have even possibly killed him. Remembering my motto I told Gerald, “To heck with the red sable I’ll take this one.” We determined that he was on the hit list and I finished the job. Surprise! Africa is awesome. “Think Big and Take What You’re Given.” I was still intrigued by the red sable so we scouted and hunted for him everyday. We never saw him. None of the other PHs, hunters or workers on the ranch saw him. We didn’t get a single trail camera photo of him at any of the watering holes in the area where he had last been seen. Dries lamented that he may have been killed fighting the big black Zambian bull that was now in the salt. Though I did not see the red sable in the following days I had a great hunt and took a spot and stalk black wildebeest; a red hartebeest, a spot and stalk porcupine; a great kudu, a blesbuck and I even saw a leopard that came to the water. Surprise! Wow, it was pretty amazing! The porcupine hunt has to be one of the most memorable hunts I have ever been on. After I put an arrow in him, he chased my tracker Tonkey for some distance dragging my arrow behind him! I finished him with a 20 yard, running broadside shot; hitting the porcupine right on the shoulder. A miracle shot. I’ve never even practiced that! Africa is awesome. “Think Big and Take What You’re Given.” On day 10, the last day of my 10 day safari, I still wanted to hunt for the red sable even though he had not been seen by anyone for a couple of weeks now. We returned to hunt the watering hole where he had last been seen and where we had hunted for him almost every day. An hour after settling into the blind a ranch worker drove up and excitingly told us that he had just seen the red sable near another watering hole. We bailed out of the blind and quickly moved to the new location and set up… but nothing. After a couple of hours we had a nice 8”x10” warthog, some gemsbuck, kudu and eland bulls all gathering near the water. Gerald suggested that perhaps the red sable had watered earlier that morning and would not be returning. He recommended that if I wanted to shoot any of the great trophies in front of us I might consider it, as it was the last day of my hunt. I was tempted, but none of them were exceptional so, I decided to wait it out a little longer. Eventually, after watering, they all faded into the thorn bush. At 1:00 p.m. the red sable that had I hunted every day for 10 days stepped out of the thorn bush! He cautiously approached the water, but before I could see him through the shooters window the wind swirled and he ran out of sight. My heart sank. A long five minutes later Gerald said, “He’s coming back!” My heart skipped a beat. Sure enough, he circled the water hole and approached from the opposite side. I drew my bow and let an arrow fly. He ran about a 100 yards, stumbled and went down within sight! I have never been more excited or more emotional after a successful hunt. After doing all you can, you still have to get lucky. It’s better to be lucky than good! Africa is awesome! “Think Big and Take What You’re Given!” Do you know why African game tastes so good? There’s no sagebrush in Africa. Do you know why lions eat zebra? They’re delicious! Do you know the number one reason I keep returning to Dries Visser Safaris? The food is delicious! Thank you chef Abel. I’ve already booked my 5th once-in-a-lifetime archery safari with Dries Visser Safaris. I can hardly contain myself. Every safari at DVS has been different than the previous. Always full of first time experiences. Always an adventure. I can’t wait to see what “Surprise Package” Dries comes up with for me next year. I have no reason to hunt anywhere else because the facilities, the staff, the PHs, the food, the friendships, the service, the quantity and quality of trophy animals are all exceptional. There is no guarantee when hunting but, at Dries Visser Safaris it’s not a matter of “if” but “what” and “when.” Dries Visser Safaris is truly dedicated to “Exceed Your Expectations.” They have done that for me every time I have hunted with them and they have always treated me fairly and honestly. They are family to me. Thanks for the great memories Dries, Elana, Gerald and Tonky. Thanks for the air conditioning. Africa is awesome! “Think Big and Take What You’re Given!”

23-Oct-18
Great trophies Grizz. Nice too that it all fell into place for you on this safari. Looks like it was your best trip there to date?

05-Nov-18

DVS's Link
Gyle hunted with Dries Visser Safaris early in the season, when there where still a lot of cover on the trees. This made it ideal to combine hunting from the blind as well as the treestands. He managed to hunt some great trophies and make some unforgettable memories of Africa!

07-Dec-18

DVS's Link
Another amazing hunt in Africa. The Westpfahl boys came together, on a family hunt, but went home with more than just great trophies. They went home with memories that will never be forgotten. Enjoy the experience with them!

09-Dec-18

Swest32's embedded Photo
Swest32's embedded Photo
Dries Visser gave us the best experience I could have ever asked for. Their knowledge and hospitality were one of a kind. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a South Aftican hunting experience.

17-Dec-18
It was great having you guys here Shawn. You know that you are always welcome. We are very excited meeting up with you and the rest of the family during our marketing of the States 2019. See you soon.

01-Jan-19

DVS's Link
Clayton and his son Graydon made their way to Africa during our 2018 hunting season. They got to experience the best of what the Bushveld had to offer and managed to hunt some amazing species, from warthogs to Buffalo. Check out their hunt!

25-Jan-19

DVS's Link
The Close and Cotton family, from Wisconsin filled up our camp for 10 days. I think that we had more fun having them there that them. The hunters got their animals and the observers got to enjoy some excursions and time with their better halves in the blinds. Enjoy their experience!

• Sitka Gear