mn_archer 26-Sep-18
midwest 26-Sep-18
Grunter 26-Sep-18
TheTone 26-Sep-18
Treeline 26-Sep-18
LC Archer 26-Sep-18
21-Sep-18

wild1's Link
Some have seen it, might have even been posted already (?). In any case, it's a pretty good video and an outstanding elk. Worth a watch.

21-Sep-18
How does he attach his bow to hike with it like that parallel to the ground?

21-Sep-18
Wow that is a great video. I wonder what the frame rate on those cameras are that shot sequence is awesome. Congrats to him he is always so positive. A good reminder every day you are hunting to wake up and say out loud: "This is going to be a great day."

21-Sep-18
Good video.

21-Sep-18
I am be dead wrong, but Cam just strikes me a stand up good guy.

21-Sep-18
Absolute stud bull

21-Sep-18
Bob, that is just the weight of the stabilizer and sight window being so far forward. It's just balancing there I believe.

21-Sep-18
Nice! Cam's bull ain't much bigger than the one Scott killed Weds in OTC CO. WOW

21-Sep-18
Bob, i carry my bow that way as well. the pack helps hold it forward towards your neck. i have had to put a neck tie/rag on to keep the riser from digging in but otherwise it works great. I believe Cams tag was from San Carlos Reservation Az. and i agree that Cam really is a stand up good guy. would like to meet him one day. Awesome video and congrats to Cam on his success, stud bull!! One other note. its tough to hunt and kill a big bull like that, its double tough to have a camera crew catch the whole thing. They all deserve Kudo's.

21-Sep-18
That guy is incredible. Good for him

21-Sep-18
I could have done that too if I wasn't so lazy and such a poor hunter.

That's some pretty awesome camera work! pretty cool.

21-Sep-18
My mistake, watched it again he said it was in Utah.

21-Sep-18
I've done 100s of miles with my bow like that and never dropped it. Its really easy. Helps to use a hip quiver so your arrows aren't bearing weight. Not sure how it's even possible with a bow quiver. I wouldn't want to do it on the other side or else you're putting weight on your mechanical release which, IMO, is a bad idea.

21-Sep-18
Jordan no offense to Scott’s bull as I would shoot that bull in any unit but we’re talking about the difference from 330 to 370+. 40-50 inches is a big deal. Congrats to both Scott and Cam on bulls of a lifetime.

21-Sep-18

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo

21-Sep-18
That was some good shooting too

21-Sep-18
Great bull, looks like he's done over $70,000 worth of guided hunts this year...

21-Sep-18
He’s been laying down the bulls this year! Not gonna lie I’m jealous of all the great places he gets to hunt.

21-Sep-18
The load lifters on my kifaru get in the way of carrying my bow like that. When I’m not wearing a pack I carry my bow like that as well.

The first bull he didn’t end up getting a shot at...I didn’t think that bull was anything special (compared to what he was seeing). He was drooling over it, but the bull he killed dwarfed that thing! The bull he killed was an absolute stud.

Great camera work, love the sound of bugling bulls! And like others have said, sure hard to not like him. He seems like a good dude.

21-Sep-18
^^^I thought the bull he shot was one and the same bull he saw and wasn't able to shoot earlier?

21-Sep-18
Great camera work. Cool to see the shot and hit on film. Excellent job. Cam does a good job. Always positive.

21-Sep-18
Awesome video, amazing camera work. On the follow-up shot you can see the arrow hit a piece of grass just as it drops out of sight. On the first shot you can also see the bull react before the arrow get's there, but too little too late!

21-Sep-18
Two different bulls

21-Sep-18
Well I think they’re different APauls. The beams on the bull he killed look ridiculously long.

21-Sep-18
Cool video. What CWMU is he hunting?

21-Sep-18
Different bulls. Look at the angle of the 5ths to the main beams. On the first bull, it's a narrow angle and on the bull he killed, it's a wide angle.

21-Sep-18
I am going to buy 2 lottery tickets.

21-Sep-18
Great video. Cam is a beast! If I had just 10% of his motivation, I’d be a much better elk hunter. My failures are directly related to not being in tip top shape. I like to think I work hard during the off season, but watching Cam inspires me to work even harder.

Great bull Cam!

21-Sep-18
Everything about elk hunting is hard. Everything.

It is very exciting to watch a video like this one and know it’s being done. Way to go Cam!

21-Sep-18
Cam is a great motivator and ambassador.

21-Sep-18
An oft used phrase, but that was legitimately some of the best kill footage I have ever seen. Outstanding film and bull. Love those fronts. The up close and over the shoulder footage was simply awesome. Especially on a bull like that. You can literally see the saliva falling off his mouth...... Wow.... I love it.... and he didn't even use head banger music to "enhance" it. Quality footage and personality stands on its own. Think I'm going to forward this to a non-hunting friend that has expressed interest in elk hunting to show him what it's all about. Incredible.....

(My only critique, if you can call it that, is his prior-to-the-shot adjustment of his single pin slider. Really proves to me why I love my 7 pin multi site. Thankfully he got away with the extra movement, but having to range, adjust, then pull, could cost a guy. Definitely worked out for him, and you can tell by his poise in the moment that Cam is a boss in a high pressure situation like that. Pretty sure it ain't his first rodeo;)

21-Sep-18
Camp set up was cool too I thought.. nice video

22-Sep-18
Cam is an inspiration! Amazing video.

22-Sep-18
Cool vid! Looks like he ditched the Quivalizer.

24-Sep-18
Outstanding Video!

24-Sep-18
Great guy with money on his side gets those results. Nice...

24-Sep-18
He had those results when he was just an average joe.

Dude has always been driven and no longer has to hunt with average joes due to hard work and doing what it takes to separate himself from the masses.

Good for him. At least he doesn’t hide it like a few experts here. And committed to the bow he is instead of excuses.

24-Sep-18
Does everything you're not supposed to do for proper archery form and execution but is a straight up killer shot.

24-Sep-18
I use a Jansenns adventure pack which has bow straps at the top of the pack that are designed for carrying a bow like this. Actually its an older pack and I still use it hunting mountain whitetails in Arkansas and elk in Colorado and New Mexico. Its a great setup for mountain biking and hiking. I have met Cam at multiple outdoor shows and at the ATA a few times. I think he is a standup guy and a hard worker. He is a great promoter for bowhunting as well. Yes he gets to do the more privileged hunts now but to each his own. Congrats to him!!

24-Sep-18
that was actually one of the few hunting videos I have ever enjoyed watching. What a down to earth dude. Good for him!

25-Sep-18
Awesome footage! Cam is definitely an inspiration. He was absolutely getting results way before he was able to go on hunts like this. Just read Bowhunting Trophy Blacktail for all the mullet pics! That book was the main reason I picked up a bow and put down the gun over 12 years ago.

25-Sep-18
Incredible filmmaking and a great bull!

25-Sep-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
What a year he's having. San Carlos reservation, AZ bull...

25-Sep-18
Pig!

25-Sep-18
man that guy can shoot,,,, I wonder how many pounds he shoots, and what he uses for site and broadheads, I always like to know that stuff...... very cool video,,,,,, congrats

25-Sep-18
Holy crap

25-Sep-18
7 pins on a spot hogg

25-Sep-18
That, was a cool hunting video. I liked that it included some of the meat processing at the end and all. Thanks for putting it up.

25-Sep-18
Not that I'm a Cam Hanes leg humper or anything but he is shooting 80 lbs. Hoyt, Hogg Father single pin sight, Muzzy Trocar broadhead on FMJ's.

25-Sep-18
thanks for the information, I like him and Jack Frost and Frank Noska, their are some great bowhunters out there

25-Sep-18
He is a positive individual. Really nice slow, slow, slow motion shot on the bull with a perfect hit.

May be an obvious answer, but was that footage in Utah this year? If so, are drones allowed?

25-Sep-18
Good hunt, good bull and seems like a good guy but I don’t see him doing anything any better or different than all the guys who killed elk on the 2018 elk meat pole thread. What’s all the fuss about ?

25-Sep-18
No fuss. There are plenty here that did what he did. But, he is a great guy and ambassador. Do you want him or TBM promoting our beloved passion to millions of people?

25-Sep-18
Think we need both.

25-Sep-18
Me too. But, you seemed to wander what the rave was about concerning Cam. And, I am sure you know who he is, what he does for hunting, and the number of people that relate to him regardless of whether they hunt or not. If you don't, spend a few minutes google searching him.

Aside from that, Look at the threads where individual elk hunts were added here. I think you'll see everyone agrees with the fact we need both as well. And, offered even more congrats on their accomplishments then they did here on this thread.

25-Sep-18
Midwest was correct on everything except his bow- Cam runs a 70 lb Hoyt Defiant Turbo

michael

25-Sep-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

26-Sep-18
where was he hunting in Utah?

26-Sep-18

mn_archer's embedded Photo
mn_archer's embedded Photo

26-Sep-18
That's so 2017, Michael. lol

26-Sep-18
Really enjoyed that video. I like his personality. Not loud or a d bag like many others making videos. My kind of guy. Way to go Cam!

26-Sep-18
Pretty confident the Utah hunt was on Deseret land and livestock

26-Sep-18
Excellent bull for sure! Congratulations Cam!

26-Sep-18
Small point but pretty sure he pulls 80# at his DL to get a 455 grain arrow to go 290 fps.

• Sitka Gear