GotBowAz 04-Oct-18
wyobullshooter 04-Oct-18
GotBowAz 05-Oct-18
carcus 05-Oct-18
wyobullshooter 05-Oct-18
GotBowAz 05-Oct-18
wyobullshooter 05-Oct-18
23-Sep-18
Well, it’s time for a new bow. I’m leaning heavily on the Reign 6 and looking for some input from some people who have experience with it. Like it, hate it ? Thanks in advance.

23-Sep-18
Really... no one has any Bowtech input?

23-Sep-18
Dont have a reign, but do have a prodigy. Cant go wrong with any of their overdrive binary cam bows. Super tunable and shoot great. Some will say bowtech has limb issues, but ive owned 6 with no issues.

23-Sep-18
A quick google search will help. The reign won bow of the year and is a very popular bow. I shot it and was impressed. You can beat the yoke tuning capabilities of bowtech. Add the comfort and performance mods and it sounds like a great choice!

23-Sep-18
Realm, the only one without limb issues. Set it with both cams straight, arrow thru top 1/3 of Berger hole, even nock, arrow latterly down the center.

23-Sep-18
Bob please post up example of reign limb issues. I’ve never heard of one.

23-Sep-18

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
Reign 6 I believe.

23-Sep-18
Hey Bob, I’m on Bowsite mobile and pic isn’t that great. What is wrong with the limb in photo?

24-Sep-18
Realmx is the best seller in our local Bowtech shop.

24-Sep-18
compression side skin glass starting to delam Their bows are getting much better, I haven't seen or heard of a bow coming apart in the box/on the rack, for almost a year.

25-Sep-18
i bought a realm this year. i love it. smooth, fast, quite. on power setting - set at 70lbs . it feels like drawing 60lbs...

02-Oct-18
get the realmx or realm

02-Oct-18
I have a Prodigy not a Realm, but it is very similar to the Realm. Never had a bow shoot field tips and broadheads the same without some tuning. Easy to set up, quiet, and smooth draw.

02-Oct-18
I have a Prodigy and a Realm, really like how the Realm shoots. I also think it has a better fit and feel to it. The Prodigy limbs are susceptible to small nicks on the corners of the limbs where the Realm hasn't been a problem so far.

02-Oct-18
Another vote for the Realm. I believe they fixed their limb issues with this model.

02-Oct-18
I had a Prodigy and now own a Realm. I wanted to love the Realm X more but ended up holding and shooting the Realm so nice that I had to go with it. Love it so far!

02-Oct-18
If I were going to buy a new bow this year it would be a Realm X or Elite Ritual.

03-Oct-18
I have a Reign 7 , prodigy and a Realm X. RealmX has the best grip and is a great shooter. Prodigy was awesome until the Reign 7 came out. R6 and R7 are the two best Bowtechs i have ever shot. I wouldnt hesitate to get a 6 or a 7 either one. I have had zero issues with the limbs on my R7. If you like the clutch grip, the Realm X or Realm is still a great choice.

03-Oct-18
I went to the shop yesterday and shot a Reign 7 (didn’t have a 6) and a Realm. I spent plenty of time shooting both bows and shooting them in both modes (comfort and performance). Both great shooting bows but for me the Reign 7 was the better of the two. It has a little hump in the end of the draw cycle which I didn’t feel in the realm at all but at the shot the Reign 7 was so nice and no vibration. That thing is flat out smooth and fast. I was way impressed.

03-Oct-18
I shoot the reign 6. Finally found a bow that I don’t need to replace. I have typically bought a new bow every year to eveey other year, think I’ll keep this one. Shoot it on comfort setting and couldn’t be happier.

04-Oct-18
I love my Reign 6 i've had it 2 years and got 2 elk. it's quiet, fast and has absolutely no kick whatsoever. pair that up with a tight spot quiver and you have a set up that will last for a long time.

04-Oct-18
Bought a Reign 7 last year. No problems for me! I really like it. Smooth and fast!!

04-Oct-18
For me two things stand out about the Reign 6 over the Realm. I like the looks of the riser much much better, I think its a sharper looking bow. And It also has a higher IBO rating albeit not by much. From all the reviews I've read across the board between the two bows they are pretty much the same in terms of smoothness , tuning and comfort settings. The Realm has a different grip that seems to be popular among some. IMO Reign is still a much better looking bow.

04-Oct-18
I’ll throw in another player. I shot both the Reign 6 and the Realm. Nice bows, but my BTX-28 is faster, just as quiet, and just as smooth. Just one more option to consider.

05-Oct-18
According to Bowtechs spec's for IBO the BTX28 is 333fps. The Reign 6 is 350fps. How is the BTX28 faster? Trying to wrap my mind around this. I do like the looks of the BTX28 over the Realm but the Reign 6 still has the edge for me.

05-Oct-18
Get the reign, I think they have the new in house limbs

05-Oct-18
"According to Bowtechs spec's for IBO the BTX28 is 333fps. The Reign 6 is 350fps. How is the BTX28 faster?"

The BTX-28 is designed for draw lengths of 25.5" to 28", while the BTX-31 is designed for 27-31". The IBO speed for the BTX-28 is measured at 28", versus the standard 30" for the BTX-31, as well as the Reign 6.

My guess is the BTX-28 is faster at my draw length (26") for a couple reasons. 333fps at 28" is theoretically 3fps faster than 350fps at 30". Probably the biggest reason is the BTX-28 has a cam that's designed for shorter draws, so the efficiency should be better than one designed for longer draws. I didn't keep the speeds that I chono'd, but best I can remember, my BTX-28 was around 6-7fps faster than the Reign 6. Not earth shattering by any means, but at my draw length , I'll take all the help I can get...especially when I don't give up any comfort to get it.

Obviously the BTX-28 isn't for everyone, but for someone with a 28" DL or shorter, it's certainly one that shouldn't be overlooked.

05-Oct-18
I thought the standard for IBO was 29" draw set at 70lbs?? I think I understand what your saying. Both bows set at the same draw and poundage, 26" in your case the BTX due to cam design might be a touch faster.

05-Oct-18
Standard for IBO is 30”, 70#’s, 350 gr.

• Sitka Gear