Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
kyrob 23-Sep-18
Cazador 23-Sep-18
ACC Elkhunter 23-Sep-18
flyingbrass 23-Sep-18
kyrob 23-Sep-18
23-Sep-18
I've been looking at gps trackers that you attach to tractors or whatever that say the AA batteries last for 2 years. I am planning on getting a tractor and thought this may be a bit of insurance if someone steals it. I do not live on my farm but about 15 miles from it. Anyway, just curious if any of you have used such an item and do they work as advertised? Thanks for any info.

23-Sep-18
There are many models. I get one that pulls power of your main battery vs relying on a double A battery.

If I had to guess, you’re looking at 300 bucks + service costs. They don’t just work off of GPS as you need a way to contact it hence the cell service.

Laipac is one I’m used to. Good luck

23-Sep-18
I haven't heard of one that will run 2 years on AA's as your basically running a GPS and I doubt AA's would be able to power it long. I have a trackmate gps on my cycle it connects directly to the battery and will send you an alarm if it moves out of the fenced area you specify.

23-Sep-18
I got spot trace on my atv, honda pioneer itv and kubota tractor. Someone stormy last atv and found the gps and disabled it before they stole it. Damn. Need to hide it good.

23-Sep-18
Here's the one I was looking at. https://gpsandtrack.com/equipment-gps-tracker/

• Sitka Gear