painless 24-Sep-18
Rut Nut 24-Sep-18
bdfrd24v 24-Sep-18
swampokie 24-Sep-18
painless 24-Sep-18
IdyllwildArcher 24-Sep-18
RK 24-Sep-18
24-Sep-18
I've never really worried much about black bears. I was told about this story by a ranch owner who is a friend of Bridger, the victim. Good thing he had a sidearm. https://www.kxan.com/news/new-mexico-man-explains-how-he-survived-a-bear-attack/1368735613

24-Sep-18

Rut Nut's Link

24-Sep-18
That sounds pretty darn painful.

24-Sep-18
Makes the people that say black bears are harmless look a little foolish. If he didn’t have a pistol this would not have turned out well for him. Thank god he was prepared for the harmless black bear.

24-Sep-18
My understanding is he now has drop foot due to the nerve damage. He had surgery to reattach the nerves. If this doesn't work he'll be looking at more surgeries for a tendon graft to repair the drop foot. His 14 year old daughter has stepped up and is now running the outfitting operation.

24-Sep-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
List of black, brown, and polar bear deaths. In North America, a similar amount of people are killed by black bears as brown bears, surprisingly, due to the wider distribution and increased contact black bears have with humans.

24-Sep-18
Moral of this story. Always carry a gun while walking your dogs!!!

Incredible story

25-Sep-18
Having a bear surgically removed from your leg sounds excruciating. He’s certainly one tough hombre! Praying he makes a full recovery.

• Sitka Gear