Bears
Contributors to this thread:
Bowriter 24-Sep-18
Missouribreaks 24-Sep-18
Bowriter 24-Sep-18
drycreek 24-Sep-18
Bowfreak 24-Sep-18
24-Sep-18
LMAO- What handgun to carry for bear? Are you kidding me? Why do you carry a handgun for bear? There is only one reason. So you can kill that sumbuck if it attacks you. Carry it in your pack, might as well carry a water gun. If you cannot quickly get it out and get it operational, might as well carry a harmonica. If I draw a handgun on a bear, I am going to empty said handgun in said bear. My intention will be, to kill it grave-yard-dead. That said, I also have a bit of confidence in my ability to know when it is a false charge and the real thing. I will also have used up any other means of discouraging, said bear. Having done that…I shoot to kill and I will not be shooting, a 9-mike. My “bear gun”, were I to ever need it again, is a Ruger Blackhawk, .44-mag. If I ever have to shoot at a bear, I will empty it…then start swinging an axe…if I have one. If you are going to carry a handgun to protect yourself from bear attack, carry one that will do that and carry it in such a manner as to allow you to use it.

What have I missed in this discussion?

24-Sep-18
Black bear or grizz? US or Canada? Handgun laws vastly different in Canada.

24-Sep-18
In Canada-Axe.

24-Sep-18
I thought this was gonna be a gofundme thread to buy handguns for bears. Damn, I'm so disappointed !

24-Sep-18

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Ok...

• Sitka Gear