DEC 25-Sep-18
Single bevel 25-Sep-18
stagetek 25-Sep-18
Single bevel 25-Sep-18
Bou'bound 25-Sep-18
LBshooter 26-Sep-18
Bonafide 26-Sep-18
25-Sep-18
I bought the over sized bag on wheels and might buy the clothes closet in the future. My question is for those who use these units, when do you decide to wash your clothes instead of just crushing them? When you sweat a lot or if your clothes are visibly soiled?? What is your routine with using these units??

Thanks

25-Sep-18
LOL- Say what???

25-Sep-18

Bonafide's Link
It's an Ozone unit aka Ozonics used in a bag. If you don't have info or experience no need to comment, thanks.

25-Sep-18
Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. I bet it is worth every scent. For sure, I'd buy one...maybe two.

25-Sep-18
I use the bag in your link since most of my hunting is out of state. I can use it where I’m staying or in the truck.

I will wash my clothes about 1/3 of the time that I used to. Sweat is the main reason I will wash. Good luck.

25-Sep-18
I too do as Charlie but I do not own the Scent Crusher way to expensive for the amount of Ozone they produce. I have a commercial unit and it produces at least 4 times the amount of any of the units designed for hunters. I use mine where I am staying and than in my truck during mid day breaks. It depends a lot on the weather, hot, humid or working up a good sweat, than I wash more often so I would say I wash about 1/2 the time I used too

25-Sep-18
Throwing clothes in a bag to Descent them works, no doubt. Once taken out of bag and touched/ worn your scent is on them. You skin flakes off your body constantly and ozone will not stop that. Ozonics unit, $3-400 dollars, scent crusher bag, $200 dollars, a beehive smoker and some hickory/cedar wood chips, $20 dollars.

25-Sep-18
Yup have to agree with Peter on this one he is 100% correct but, to each there own. Do what makes you happy

25-Sep-18
Just use it carefully. Ozone is very hazardous to your health. It also destroys elastics and rubber materials found in many hunting clothes. You don't have to pay for the Scent Crusher stuff. You can buy the same units on Amazon and Ebay for under $50 and use whatever duffel bag or plastic tote or fabric closet that you want. Scent Crusher just slaps their label on this stuff.

I have one of the units sold on Amazon, I think it is Robolife or something like that. I use it occasionally for various things. 10 minutes of it running will get that teenager smell out of your family car ... LOL. I have used it on some hunting stuff, but not anything that has elastic or rubbers in it. It still doesn't beat a good washing in Sportsman Wash soap, IMO. I certainly would not go "all in" as Ozone being the end all be all of my scent control solution.

Again, be careful because it can make you sick or worse if you breath enough of it.

25-Sep-18
I have a small O3 generator that produces 400 units per hour. I treat most of my stuff in garbage bags. Works well, its cheap, and very portable. I also use the bags for seat covers on the way to a hunt (after showering and I'm wearing 1 base layer). And the garbage bags can be used to transport worn clothes after the hunt. Then, the bags can be used as...garbage bags after the season. My generator is large enough to treat small rooms (motel room or laundry while clothes are hanging to dry) and its great for the cab of my truck. I usually put my bow in the truck when I O3 it. My odor busts have dropped dramatically since I started O3 (not ozonics...I don't use in field O3). Yeah, I still get busted once in a while but much less than before. And since I've started treating the INSIDES and outsides of my rubber boots, ground scent busts are just about zero. Keep in mind...O3 is harmful to breathe. Use it only in unoccupied spaces and air out rooms after treatment. Its great for stinky motel rooms that we are sometime forced to stay in on road hunts. I try to wear freshly laundered, then O3 treated clothes on each hunt. But on extended hunts away from home where I refuse to launder my duds in a perfume stinking washer, I will treat what I need with O3. But normally, I take enough clothes (especially base layers which IMO tend to get ripe sooner than outer laters) on road trips that I can wear fresh stuff each day.

25-Sep-18
Ozonics unit from Amazon, $40. Big plastic tub from Fleet and Farm, $12. Velcro to attach unit to tub, $4.

25-Sep-18
Its not Ozonics for $40. It may be an O3 generator, but it ain't Ozonics.

25-Sep-18
But it works as well

26-Sep-18
Just wondering for the ozonic users, do you all use scent killing sprays too?

26-Sep-18
Thanks for all the info & suggestions guys, I’m definitely gonna do the DIY cheaper route from this point forward. I think building a closet with shelving shouldn’t be to tuff & attaching a unit via Velcro would work great.

• Sitka Gear