YZF-88 26-Sep-18
WapitiBob 26-Sep-18
Mike the Tiger 26-Sep-18
midwest 26-Sep-18
jdee 26-Sep-18
Native Okie 26-Sep-18
elkstabber 27-Sep-18
26-Sep-18
For those that have used both, what are the pros and cons? Which one better suits your needs? Appreciate the feedback.

I currently use BaseMap. I think it’s solid but I have not used OnX to the extent others have here.

26-Sep-18
I have both. onX is simpler in that your downloaded maps are set. When online, onX uses GE imagery for the last zoom layer. Basemap uses GE imagery as an online option. NEITHER will download GE imagery to your phone for offline use. With onX, all offline cached maps are available seamlessly. Basemap forces you to pick a single cached map to view when offline. If you have a full unit of cached maps, it's a pain to try and figure out which map to use as you drive your quad 11 miles thru the unit to a hunt spot. Basemap has tilt which onX does not so if 3d is something you need, you mmight look at Basemap. Basemap crashed my Firefox browser 100% of the time when I used it, I have never had an issue with onX web map. Basemap at work on a different version of Firefox returns nothing but a black screen. Basemap has updated regularly so some of the other issues I had may be fixed but I currently have no interest in the product. Maybe I'll look at it next year before my year expires. In the year I've had onX, I had one serious issue, filed a bug report, and they fixed it in a week. Also, with onX, if you have a single state, you can add elite for a single month should you have an out of state hunt.

26-Sep-18
Good info, Bob. Glad you mentioned the downloading cached maps issue. That was a concern I had. Thanks again!

26-Sep-18
I'm pissed at Onx right now. I paid for Utah maps back in June. I went back to pay the $29.99 for Idaho last night. Charge went through but now they claim you can't buy two states separately...but for an additional $70 you certainly get that 2nd state.

26-Sep-18
YZ, my hunting partner upgraded to onX 50 state "elite" for $15/month for our wyoming hunt. He cancelled and went back to his single state when we got back. If you need multiple states all year the yes, it's $99.

26-Sep-18
WTF!!!? I just sucked it up and upgraded to the premium membership...and now ALL of my way points and tracks are gone! Anyone else ever have this happen? Buyers remorse for sure.

26-Sep-18
never;

turn your phone off and log into the web map and see if they're still there. If so, export them so you have a backup. The web map should update your phone.

26-Sep-18
Have you checked out Huntstand.com?

26-Sep-18
For sure export all your waypoints to GE and a file for backup.

26-Sep-18
Take a look at gaiagps .com ....a lot cheaper for all 50 states.... Great app.

26-Sep-18
You can get the full OnX for $65 dollars right now using “Colorado” as the promo code.

27-Sep-18
I switched to Gaia and I've been happy in two states so far this year.

• Sitka Gear