mat1739 26-Sep-18
mat1739 28-Sep-18
smarba 28-Sep-18
kota-man 28-Sep-18
mat1739 01-Oct-18
DEMO-Bowhunter 01-Oct-18
Charlie Rehor 01-Oct-18
26-Sep-18
I'm going to be purchasing some Sitka gear, for whitetails very soon. I live and hunt in Western MD, along with southern PA and Southern Ohio.

I was looking at the Sitka Fanatic Lite Jacket and Bibs but wasn't sure if it was enough for November bow hunting? Temps in these parts can get chilly that time of year (30s maybe down into the low 20s or cooler)

Also - I would be layering with a base layer.

Any input or direction is appreciated.

Thank you

Mat

26-Sep-18
I pretty much get through a Manitoba season with fanatic, so I would think you could as well. Edit: Sorry, that is regular Fanatic, I didn't see that you said Fanatic Lite.

26-Sep-18
I really like the Fanatic Lite jacket and bibs but for Late season I need the Fanatic Jacket. My legs don’t really get cold so the Fanatic Lite Bibs are good enough for me especilly with their brand spankin new Heaveyweight Merino long John’s:)

Good luck.

PS: I hunt each year just a bit east of you around Hancock, Md on my way to the Midwest.

26-Sep-18
Thank you! Yes, Charlie you’re only about 30 minutes from, I (Cumberland MD)

I’m going to be placing my order soon.

28-Sep-18
TTT

28-Sep-18
I think you'd be better served by the Fanatic versus Lite. Or do as Charlie with Fanatic Jacket and Lite Bibs. But IMO even though I don't get cold easily it's a lot easier to unzip and shunt some heat than to try and stay warm if your layers are too thin. Sitka designed the Fanatic to be the mainstay for whitetail hunters. Then they added the Lite for early season flexibility. I'd lean to the Fanatic not the Lite.

28-Sep-18
In the 30's, you're gonna want a TON of layers for the Fanatic Lite. If you hunt a majority of time in these temps, you will want the Fanatic vs. the lite. As has been stated, the Lite is an early season set to "take the edge off".

01-Oct-18
Understood. Thank you - I assume the Fanatic has all the same features as the lite, just with more insulation?

01-Oct-18
I think the Fanatic has more features than the lite. I really like the warmth, layout and quietness the fanatic series provides. It's to warm for October in MI, but come November, it is a great piece through the end of the season.

I've kicked around getting the lite for the early season and the times I'm hunting with the kids in blinds. Don't really need it when hunting with them in blinds, but...

01-Oct-18
While you’re at it get the Equinox Hoody and the Celcius Midi. Two new items you gotta have!

• Sitka Gear