tobywon 28-Sep-18
kscowboy 28-Sep-18
Boatman71 28-Sep-18
carcus 02-Oct-18
ELKMAN 02-Oct-18
Lever action 04-Oct-18
KsRancher 04-Oct-18
26-Sep-18
Thought I would see what people's opinions were. I currently shoot a Matthews FX2. It's pulling 70lbs. I like the bow. I was over at my brother's place a few days ago and he was shooting a PSE Vision that he brought home from a shooting class. It was only set a 55lbs, but man that thing was super quiet. I dont know if it was quiet cause the draw wieght or the bow. It got me to wanting something that was more like it was. I don't know much about bows. Wondering what people thought would be a really quiet bow that is VERY forgiving as far as being a poor form shooter. Don't need to be a new bow and dont have to be super fast. Would prefer something easy to tune. And I am not married to any brand. Thanks

26-Sep-18
I purchased an Elite Ritual earlier this year. It is a 40-50# cranked limbs bolts all the way down to 52#. Shooting a 507 gr total weight arrow. Bow is quiet and a good performer. Have been well pleased.

26-Sep-18
Take a look at Prime. Nice shooting bows, easy to tune.

26-Sep-18
I really like my Bowtech RealmX. It is quite and pretty forgiving. Shot a Cpx Invasion for years went to a Hoyt but now back to Bowtech.

26-Sep-18
Elite would be my choice as well.

26-Sep-18
The Bowtech Reign 6 is by far the best bow I have ever shot. 2 easy to change settings, performance and comfort. I shoot mine on the comfort setting. It's super smooth and very quiet. It has adjustable draw lengths. No modules to mess with. Go find a dealer and shoot one for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

26-Sep-18
Just about any bow from the last couple years from today's companies would probably be more quiet and shoot with less vibration than your bow. If I were to buy a new bow today it would be an Elite Ritual, Bowtech Realm X, or a PSE with the Evolve cam system. I think these bows will have the friendliest draw cycle and still produce good speed.

26-Sep-18
Not one person on here can tell you what’s best for you. Every bow known to mankind will likely be recommended, cause the person has one and likes it. That’s pretty much meaningless information in selecting what’s best for you. I recommend you go to one or more pro shops, tell them your budget and test shoot the bows that fit your financial criteria. Then buy a bow. Good luck.

26-Sep-18
Hard to beat any of the new Bowtech bows. I shot Mathews for a lot of years, tried a Bowtech and had to have it.

26-Sep-18
Hoyt

26-Sep-18
Don't hesitate to look at the Xpedition line as well.

26-Sep-18
I don’t think any are quiet enough so deer don’t hear them so probably a mute point. My buddies Bear bow is quiet though. My Gearhead is quiet also but deer will still hear it no problem.

26-Sep-18
Agree the Prime is definitely worth a very close look. I'm shooting the Prime ION, Millie shoots the Prime CENTERGY and we couldn't be happierwith their performance. Smooth draw cycle, zero handshock, very quiet and blistering fast are just a couple reasons to give them a serious look.

26-Sep-18
What Dale06 posted is great advice. That said, my next bow will likely be an Xpedition.

26-Sep-18
The answer you'll get from most of us here is "the last bow I bought." So, go hit the used bow racks and ignore our recommendations.

26-Sep-18
Diamond makes some nice bows as well.

26-Sep-18
x2 on Prime, bought a new Rize 2 years ago and its the best shooting bow Ive had

26-Sep-18
HOYT

26-Sep-18
X3 on the Elite line of bows

26-Sep-18
The only different bow on the market is Elite. Shoot it and you will not regret it.

26-Sep-18
What’s different about Elite? Just curious, since I have two.

26-Sep-18
Don't change your bow , shoot a heavier arrow, install silencer, drop poundage.etc

26-Sep-18
What Dale06 said......(but I like Elites)

26-Sep-18
Hoyt

26-Sep-18
I shoot a lower poundage Elite and a heavier weight High Country. High Country is making a really nice bow lately.

27-Sep-18
Hoyt

27-Sep-18
I shoot a Bowtech Prodigy. Always get comments from the guys in Archery League how quiet the bow is. Bowtech's are also smooth draw .

27-Sep-18
I too was in your place a few months ago and finally got the $ and time to just go try some bows in my price range. I shot Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt and a Mission. Since I was upgrading from a early 2000s PSE to a new bow, everything I shot was like a dream to me! So for me with 3 sons and 3 daughters to hand down a nice bow in the future was important, I chose the Mission based mostly on its ability to adjust to a wide range of poundage and draw length and secondly it was a steal of a price! I saved enough to buy a good sight and still money ahead to help buy a newer bow for myself when the oldest is ready to hunt. I am super comfortable with it and am shooting lights out, way better than I did with the old, clumsy and loud bow! So if I were you I would shoot as many as you can in your price range and go for it!

27-Sep-18
Hoyt

27-Sep-18
You might have well have posted on this forum and asked for advice on who to get married to.

IMHO the single best and only way to decide on what bow to buy is 1st unless cost isn't an issue set a limit on how much you can afford to spend, quell any desire to be in anything that even approaches a hurry in buy, take the time to shoot any bow your interested and don't buy a bow you haven't shot and are 100% confident in your choice. I will grant you there are many great affordable bows out there but IMHO there are also a great many compounds that are again IMHO OUTRAGIOUSLY overpriced and the pain of buyers remorse is only worsened when you loose your a$$ reselling a used bow you should've never bought in the first place. Lastly disregard what any sales person or anyone else for that matter tells you let the bow choose you not the other way around. After 35 years of buying compound bows I have come to the conclusion compound bows are VERY, VERY similar to shoes in that no matter how badly you wish a pair of shoes you love that don't fit your feet they never will and the same is with compounds, if it doesn't "FIT" you it likely never will and you wont ever be happy with it. I presently are shooting a bow that I can honestly say when I shoot it fits me so well it literally feels like it has become a part of and is an extension of my body, I knew that by the 4th or 5th time I shot this particular model of bow.

But at $800+ I simply couldn't afford it and considering I already had several great compounds I couldn't justify the cost. I waited two years sold two bows and found the same bow for sale like literally like new in its factory box tags still attached and paid less than 1/2 of what it cost new. Yes it was admittedly a little roll of the dice buying from a private party and not a dealer, but for a price damn near 60% below new it was an acceptable risk TO ME.

There are so many good bows out there your choices could quickly overwhelm you if your not patient and be ready to take as much time as necessary to find a bow that fits you and you will enjoy. Also bow technology has improved dramatically over the last 10 years. I shot my newest bow the second fastest bow this company made in 2016 set at 54lbs and another bow of the same manufacturer made in 1998 that at the time was the fastest bow they made and it was set at 65lbs. The newer has a BH 1/2" longer and a DW 11lbs lighter and the bow is actually 10fps faster. So you are very fortunate in one respect that todays bows are the best technology has to offer from every possible aspect of speed, accuracy, forgiveness and durability. But on the other hand there are just so many good bows your choice could become daunting due the shear number of great bows presently on the market. Good luck.

27-Sep-18
Why not first relax your bow down to 65 or 60 lb and then perhaps even try a heavier arrow? You say you like your bow. You might be surprised how it feels and sounds at 5 pounds lighter draw.

27-Sep-18
Hoyt Defiant 2016 is your ticket. Second, try a Bear BR33 2017.

27-Sep-18
If you liked the way the vision felt and shot maybe that would be a good one to buy.

27-Sep-18
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try backing off to 65lbs and add wieght to the arrow like some metioned. Might even get some string silencers and put in.

27-Sep-18
I encouraged a bowhunter I know who was having shoulder problems earlier in the summer. He is probably in his early 40's. He dropped his bow weight from 70# to 61#.

He is enjoying shooting a bow again and has more accuracy and quieter bow.

27-Sep-18
Although I shoot a 55# recurve most of the time, if I'm looking for something quieter, I'd go with a longbow. My favorite custom bow is from Montana Bows. Not only are these traditional bows a joy to carry in the field, there is nothing that gets knocked around and out of adjustment. Plus, you can't beat the feeling of picking a spot, drawing the bow, releasing and watching that arrow pass through a dime size hole, all without pins, releases, and rangefinders. Plus I find them a joy to practice with weekly all year long.

27-Sep-18
I’m with eagle eye. Mission did it for me. Reeson 2.0. Benn a while since I’d hunted with a compound so, everything I shot was a dream. It came down to a Hoyt, a Mathews, or the mission. I spent half on it since I’m just as likely to pick up my longbow walking out as my new compound, and shoot well. It’s super fast. Chunking my 428 grain arrow at 282 FPS out of a 27 inch draw. So smooth it’s scary. And QUIET.

Shoot as many as you can and buy the one that screams at you.

27-Sep-18
I HAVE SHOT MATTHEWS, ELITE AND BOW TECH AND PSE..... THERE IS HOYT AND THAN THERE IS EVERYTHING ELSE,,,,, AT LEAST FOR ME

27-Sep-18
I didn't. I spent $450.

27-Sep-18
Xpedition Xcursion 7. Its a speed bow but one of the best bows I have ever shot. Very easy to tune. Pretty quite too.

28-Sep-18
I will jump on the Bowtech Realm bandwagon. Have shot Matthews for the last 12 years. Shot this one next to the Matthews Triax. Walked out with the Bowtech. Love it. Super smooth draw stroke, hard wall, quite and fast.

James

28-Sep-18
First of all, I am a Bowtech factory shooter, so I am biased towards them. However, I have shot many bows from many companies over the last few years. I have a Realm X right now. Love the new clutch grip. I also still have a Prodigy and a Reign 7. The R7 is the best of the best for me over the last 10 years of bows i have tried. Its just a dream to shoot. Said the same about the prodigy when it came out. I still love it as well. My RX is very close to the R7, especially with the new grip. R7 still gets the nudge for me though. I shoot on performance setting at 70lbs. Comfort setting feels like 60 when pulling 70. Try a Reign 6 or 7 on comfort. You will likely be amazed.

28-Sep-18
10 guys, 10 different suggestions. I've shot Dartons 44 years. Take a look, you might just find the one your looking for. Excellent in so many ways. I have a Ex Vegas for hunting, Maverick for out door targets & a Cyclone 3-D for indoor..

28-Sep-18
I shoot a 2002 Mathews FX. Not sure what the exact draw weight is but its between 55 and 60 lbs. Shoots great and is quiet. That said, I haven't shot any of the newer bows, so maybe I don't know what I am missing :)

28-Sep-18
Where are you located in Kansas? A friend of mine in Wichita needed a new bow the other day and went to Diamond Archery and shot multiple bows. In the end, he went with a Hoyt but shot Prime, Mathews, and PSEs too. Don’t make a decision based upon what guys say. Have a list and go spend an hour shooting multiple bows. I don’t think this needs to be said but do not get a bow from a big box store. Support your local archery shop, the best technicians own and work at these and they will take care of you when your are in a pinch.

28-Sep-18
"I shoot a 2002 Mathews FX. Not sure what the exact draw weight is but its between 55 and 60 lbs. Shoots great and is quiet. That said, I haven't shot any of the newer bows, so maybe I don't know what I am missing :)"

LOL no you don't know what you are missing !! :-)

02-Oct-18
The bowtech realms are awesome, most tune-able bow on the market, you will never have to post another thread about broadheads not impacting with field points!!!!

02-Oct-18
Either the Hoyt RX1 line or the Bowtech Realm X in my opinion. Anything else and you are getting second, third or even fourth best... And if you ain't FIRST, your LAST! ;-)

04-Oct-18
forgiving seemed to be the thing i picked out of the OP. Oneida. I dont think I have shot a more forgiving bow.

04-Oct-18
Lever. That's one of the big things I was looking for. Going to make a few changes to my bow and try it like some have metioned. I have decided to try uping my arrrow wieght from 375 to 525 and lowering the poundage down to 64. Put on the limb saver shock absorbers and the string silencers. 100 gr. inserts won't be in till tomorrow. Will give an update on what I come up with. If still not pleased, on to a different bow

• Sitka Gear