Will 26-Sep-18
patdel 26-Sep-18
Franklin 27-Sep-18
12yards 27-Sep-18
Lever Action 28-Sep-18
Slate 28-Sep-18
skipmaster1 28-Sep-18
26-Sep-18
Who goes out in the rain? If I’m out of town I just hunt in all but the worst weather, at home not usually. This year it’s been raining steady so I’m getting ready to go sit in it.

26-Sep-18
I never hunt in the rain.

26-Sep-18
Light rain some of my favorite whitetail hunting weather.

26-Sep-18
I also have had some great hunts in a light rain! I have one of those umbrellas you strap to the tree, and unless it’s a downpour I’m in a stand

26-Sep-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Been raining here, for five days. Season has been open for...five days. It is still raining. No, I do not bowhunt in the rain. Deer will move well, in a warm, gentle rain. But since bowhunting so often involved following a blood trail, I don't feel hunting in the rain is ethical. Plus, I don't like sitting in the rain and since I can go any time, I wait for it to quit. Right now, I have carp, shoaling in my driveway. I went opening morning for a couple hours, saw 11, passed up does with spotted fawns, quite young spotted fawns, I might add and then it started raining and I have not been since. If the temperature drops tonight, as they predict, and it clears, as they predict, I'll probably go for a while tomorrow. Right now, it is pouring at about 3/4-inch an hour. Guess I'll take a shower.

26-Sep-18
Rain yes, down pours no, thunderstorms, No Fn Way!! Usually keep a sharp eye on the weather, nasty storms can pop up very quick in my neck of the woods and I don’t like sitting on top of a lightning rod. I’ve had some really good hunts after the rain lets up

26-Sep-18
Radar phone apps are great. I like to be in the woods as the rain stops. Deer seem to get really active.

26-Sep-18
I’ve seen a lot of good bucks in a light drizzle. Shot a number of them in the rain. Blood trails are something to consider, though as you likely won’t have a good one.

Lee

26-Sep-18
Deer love walking around in a light rain/drizzle. Also, as soon as a down pour ends they like to get up and walk around.its like fishing, in light rain fish are feeding and after a down pour they come alive. Get a good rain suit and sit it out it will pay off.

26-Sep-18
When the sky breaks can be dynamite, especially close to dusk. But in order to hunt that magical time, it works best to be on stand prior to the skies breaking.

I also killed one of my better bucks at 3PM after sitting in rain/freezing rain starting at dawn. I wouldn’t call it the best time but isn’t always the worst

26-Sep-18

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo

26-Sep-18
I've had some of my most memorable hunts in a light to moderate rain. Something incredibly peaceful about it as long as it's not windy.

26-Sep-18
That's what string trackers are for. I shot a good buck and didn't see one drop of blood. It was a down pour. The string went on for about 75 yards and broke, but I could see the buck from where the string broke.

Bowmania

26-Sep-18
I need to try a string tracker, I'm colorblind. Really have a tough time spotting blood drops.

26-Sep-18
light rain yes, heavy storms no.

26-Sep-18
Poor hunting conditions for bow hunting. Gun hunting, no issues.

26-Sep-18
Deer love walking around in a light rain/drizzle. Also, as soon as a down pour ends they like to get up and walk around.its like fishing, in light rain fish are feeding and after a down pour they come alive. Get a good rain suit and sit it out it will pay off.

26-Sep-18
I love hunting in the rain. I mean love it.

I will admit at 33 degrees it’s a challenge to sit all day. But, it sure beats sitting in the house!!

26-Sep-18
If it is not miserable Hunt. If it isn’t fun don’t.

26-Sep-18

26-Sep-18
It was a great night, rain quit about an hr before the end and deer, mainly bucks, started coming by. At least 10 bucks, mainly yearlings but one I considered shooting. He was a dark horned 3 year old and I’m glad he didn’t linger.

26-Sep-18
A mist, or occasional shower, cool. But if the forcast is steady to heavy rain for a long period... No thanks. The deer move. But the risk of a marginal blood trail is not worth it to me.

26-Sep-18
What Bou said.

27-Sep-18
Some of my best hunts are on overcast drizzly days....especially during the rut.

27-Sep-18

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
I agree with Will. If I need rain gear to stay dry, I'm probably not hunting, unless I'm on a hunting trip. Shot this one in a misty rain though.

28-Sep-18
I have had great luck in a light rain.

28-Sep-18
I love hunting in the rain as Kodiak said its just very peaceful.

28-Sep-18
I love hunting in the rain. I don’t see much in heavy downpours but during the rut bucks still do move abfcif the weather breaks it’s amazing. As far as tracking, most deer fall in sight it in sight from where I lost sight of them. If not I’ll use a dog.

• Sitka Gear