Buglmin 27-Sep-18
Lee 27-Sep-18
Lee 27-Sep-18
Russell 27-Sep-18
Lee 27-Sep-18
Russell 28-Sep-18
27-Sep-18

Lee's Link
I recently started shooting the Black Eagle Deep Impact arrows. The aluminum outsert seems a bit flimsy. I was looking last eve on the Black Eagle website and saw the stainless steel outsert as well as the F.O.C.O.S. System which looks pretty good but I couldn’t find any firsthand opinions on it. Anybody have any experience with this system or the stainless outserts?

Thanks,

Lee

27-Sep-18
Lee,

Those are the same arrows I've been shooting for the past 5+ years. Love them.

Believe the outserts I use are steel. Purchased them from Lancaster Archery.

I build my own arrows. Takes some work and special tools to make sure the outserts n arrows spin true prior to gluing.

Use a Ram Arrow Spine Tester tool to assist in building, indexing, etc arrows. Costly tool, but darn worth every penny to me.

Index each arrow to mark the stiffest side. Align this with the cock vane (straight up) and your arrows will be the same. Believe this is important due to the small diameter arrow shafts.

Use Smooth-On MT-13 epoxy to glue the outserts. Just need to make sure the shaft is slightly roughed-up with sandpaper and both are clean.

Once had an arrow that didn't shoot a fixed-blade broadhead the same. Off by 8-10" from 50 yards. Inspection revealed the index mark was off by 90 degrees. Re-fletched the arrow and all was good.

27-Sep-18
Firenock arrow componets are hands down the best I've seen and used. As far as Black Eagle shafts, well, personal opinions on them. I use Fiirenock stuff on all my arrow shafts, never use factory componets.

27-Sep-18
Thanks guys - so firenocks components will work on them? Shafts fly great - just thinking the outsert seems a bit weak.

27-Sep-18
Nobody has any direct knowledge of this system? Is it that new?

Thx,

Lee

27-Sep-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Top arrow is 300 and lower 250. Both X-Impact

Outserts are aluminum alloy and tougher than woodpecker lips!

27-Sep-18
Thanks Russel - order placed!!

28-Sep-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Highly recommend using a tool like this for aligning the outsert prior to gluing. Also suggest using this special epoxy.

If you don't have this tool or have access to one, I can build your arrows. Just get them to me (free service too).

Outserts can be a pain without the right tools.

• Sitka Gear