ELKMAN 27-Jul-19
Irishman 27-Jul-19
badguybuster 27-Jul-19
Rob Nye 27-Jul-19
grape 28-Jul-19
huntperch 28-Jul-19
Droptine 28-Jul-19
29-Sep-18
I have several Spypoint trail cams because I found a great deal on them and was just getting started. At this point all but one has failed. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with their so called "customer service", and I was told not only would they not repair them, they would not replace them without me paying them more than I can find them for online, plus $20 dollars shipping. Went in a circle with the guy for an hour and that is how it ended. So I have a bunch of cameras that are useless and the company basically says: "Good luck with that"... I'm putting this on here as a public service announcement period. Nothing more, nothing less. Obviously I will NEVER patronize the Spypoint again...

29-Sep-18
I had problems with one a couple years. Luckily was able to return to Cabelas.

29-Sep-18
Thanks for the heads up. Stuff breaks and malfunctions, but crappy customer service, is unacceptable.

29-Sep-18
I've never owned a good game cam.

They're all crap.

29-Sep-18
I agree with Kodiak.

29-Sep-18
That stinks - Browning Micros have been really good to me so far.

Lee

29-Sep-18
I have two Spypoint Cameras and they are the most reliable I’ve owned.

Never needed customer service but Quebec is sometimes a difficult place for doing business.

29-Sep-18
If they were a recent purchase on a credit card, the card company may have an extended product warranty you can use.

29-Sep-18
I've been having very good luck with Busnell Trophy trailcams. Long (a year) battery life, great pics.

29-Sep-18
I love my browning. The little viewing screen is handy when in the field. I’ve had it out 2 seasons both for about 2 months. The batteries still show 97% using video mode.

29-Sep-18
Bentshaft +1. Been using my cheap ol’ Bushnell for about 8yrs now. Reliable as ever.

29-Sep-18
Im running Reconyx, and have never had to send any of them in yet. Some are close to twenty years old. Every other brand of camera I have tried has had to be returned. The first reconyx I bought I left out two years straight once because I couldn't get to it. Went back that spring installed fresh batteries and it went to work still going strong...

29-Sep-18
Thanks for the heads-up. Trail cams are hit-n-miss. I've good luck with Brownings.

29-Sep-18
Thanks for the heads up had to deal with the customer service years ago guess they haven’t changed.

29-Sep-18
I had a couple and they lasted two seasons which is 2 or 3 thousand pictures. I don’t expect much more from crap made in china

29-Sep-18
I had similar customer service with Covert. I agree with most, it's hit and miss. I've had an M80xt by moultrie that has worked for nearly 10 years, although I think some floods might've gotten it a couple weeks ago, because I had it near a major creek.

My next cameras will most likely be Browning. Hearing good things.

29-Sep-18
Kodiak, I’ve owned four Reconyx cameras for I believe five years. One of them had to be sent back. It was out of warranty and cost some to fix it, don’t remember the amount, but not a lot. In my view, they are very reliable.

29-Sep-18
Kodiak, I’ve owned four Reconyx cameras for I believe five years. One of them had to be sent back. It was out of warranty and cost some to fix it, don’t remember the amount, but not a lot. Earlier this year, one took over 5000 pics in a three month period. And it’s still going strong. In my view, they are very reliable.

29-Sep-18
What are they doing wrong, or what's wrong with them?

29-Sep-18
I have four super cheap Stealthcams that have been faultless for a few years and out all year taking thousands of pics. My Spypoints are alright, but not great. Miss to much.

29-Sep-18
I bought 2 this year the first spypoint link s had issues from the start called customer service had good interaction and sent back got it back 2 weeks later and it is working well second one same type no issues at all taking good pics day and night .I have had cuddeback issues lately cameras about 2 yrs old not working at all glad I got them on sale . I am now trying a couple of the cudde link and seem good so far

29-Sep-18
I have purchased over 30 Browning trail cameras and the only trouble I've had are elk and bears snapping the tripod mount out of the enclosed plastic on the bottom of the camera. I've never had any electronics issues and I use them 52 weeks a year.

29-Sep-18
I have 5 Reconyx, had them over 7 years. I've sent one back due to card reader error. EasyPeesy called their customer service in Wisconsin spoke with an American sent it back. They upgraded it, cost me $35 including shipping, still going strong.

I leave them out 9 months at a time, minimum, unless I forget about them. They take about 2000 pics about every week or 2, that's on the low setting. The lithium batteries last over a year.

If you can afford it, and you don't have tresspassing problems be done with it and purchase a Reconyx

29-Sep-18
Co bowhuntsr what type of browning. They seem to be gettin decent reviews

30-Sep-18
as above "Been using my cheap ol’ Bushnell for about 10yrs now. Reliable as ever. " End quote. Did have one fail and they sent me a new one FREE!

30-Sep-18
Agreed with Co Bowhunter. I am having very good luck with Browning cams I replaced them with. Everything I have read about them has been positive too.

30-Sep-18
All I buy anymore is browning.

30-Sep-18
Levi uses Browning good choice!

30-Sep-18
I have a spy point & had problems with it... customer svs was/is worthless......

30-Sep-18
I have a Wildgame innovations and a Stealth camera. Some day I will get a real trail cam.

30-Sep-18
I’ve tried a number of different game cams through the years and seems most do fail after a couple of years. CuddiBack is without a doubt the worst company I’ve felt with. With that said the two camera companies which I have had the best success with as far as performance is Moultry and Primos. I get thousands of pictures per month and these two camera companies have performed well

01-Oct-18
I agree stay away coustmer service sinks had there 4g went Thur three 4th they wouldn’t replace. When you send them in they ship to Maryland then onto Canada takes forever to get them back never ever again.

01-Oct-18
I agree stay away coustmer service sinks had there 4g went Thur three 4th they wouldn’t replace. When you send them in they ship to Maryland then onto Canada takes forever to get them back never ever again.

01-Oct-18
I have a spypoint 'go-pro' type cam, but the mounting base broke so I didn't use it for about a year. I finally glued it with epoxy instead of sending it back. After hearing this, I'm glad I fixed it myself. It doesn't hold a battery charge very long either.

01-Oct-18
5 years on Bushnell (Tasco) trail cams and still going strong.

01-Oct-18
I use Moultrie. A couple years ago my favorite model went belly up after 5 or 6 years of use. I emailed customer service and asked if I could pay to haven it refurbished as it was long out of warranty. The nice lady said they couldn't repair that model but if I would give her the serial number she would see what other option she could provide. I got an email back with a discount code for 30% off up to $300 on any cameras on their website. I ended up spending $200 and got three new cameras. I thought that was great customer service.

01-Oct-18
I have had three trail cams. My first was a Moutrie M80. I got it at least 7 or 8 years ago. It is still in use. I got a Browning trail cam 3 years ago and it quit working after its third deployment. I now have a cheap Bushnell that replaced the Browning. So far so good in year one on the Bushnell.

01-Oct-18
Tend to agree with Kodak. At some point they all crap out. My best luck has been with covert.

01-Oct-18
Yes they all crap out. It’s called “planned obsolescence”. So we as consumers want some sort of piece of mind if you will and our only option at that point is customer service. That’s where good companies can separate themselves

02-Oct-18
Agreed

02-Oct-18
Cabelas trail cameras lifetime warranty

02-Oct-18
Covert trail camera was my nightmare. They told me to pack sand when a brand new camera was out of box DOA. Stay away from Covert.

02-Oct-18
Long beard is completely right customer service is key!!!!!

03-Oct-18
Good heads up, thanks Wilbur

03-Oct-18
Bushnell or Browning. That's all you need to know.

The Bushnell Essential is the best value out there. Best image quality, most reliable, and best customer service.

Grouse

04-Oct-18
Reconyx.Year after year after year.The E bunny of trail cams.

04-Oct-18
Brownings have worked best for me. I have three that have spent the last 2 years in the field without any problems.

05-Oct-18
Good tip Grouse. I'll look for one

08-Oct-18
Still no issues with any of the Brownings I have running

08-Oct-18
I used 3 primos cameras years ago and they all quit working. Their customer service was no help.

08-Oct-18
Similar experience..... Terrible customer service!

17-Oct-18
Had another one just fail!

17-Oct-18
FWIW, I've stayed with Covert cams for about the last 5-6 years. Their customer service has been good for me. And they continue to make some useful improvements to their cams.

17-Oct-18
Always utilize the extra warranty periods your credit cards will give you first of all. Other than that, I figure cheap trail cams are cheap trail cams. I don't expect the world of them. My Spypoint don't even take great night shots to begin with, so I started going even cheaper with Wildgame Innovations and have had better luck.

17-Oct-18
I've been running some old Coverts and have 2 of their newer ones. Never had an issue with them. I did call their CS with a few questions and was treated very well. I have no reason to switch and will stick with Covert.

25-Oct-18
And another one quit last night... :^/

26-Oct-18
I’ve had really good success with moultrie. Lasts years great pics ...but I really wanted to try the spypoint solar. Of all my 13 cameras it takes the worst pics and some of my cams are 7 years old. ...battery life though is as advertised, still 100% after 6 months use. I’ll see how good it is when really cold might still be the winner for my winter feeder.

26-Oct-18
I thought Hoyt owned Spypoint... ;)

I've gotten a few Exodus cams this year, so far so good. Very good customer service. I wouldn't use a Cuddeback if you gave one to me, and Bushnell is starting to irritate me, although I've used them for a while..

30-Oct-18
I've had two spypoints randomly just eat their batteries in the last week.

30-Oct-18
I have one spypoint solar as well. Like you say - crappiest pics of any camera I have but amazing battery life. Had it in a spot all winter long and I guess April a bear woke up and used it as a chew toy and it all still works perfect. So that way I’m impressed and the solar charging is awesome. Just “ok” daytime pics and bad nighttime pics

30-Oct-18

31-Oct-18
Charlie I had 6 total, and my buddy has 2. His are still functioning at a low level, but the night pics are pretty much indiscernible.

01-Nov-18
I have great luck with spypoint...i own 8 cameras....i had one break inside of 6 months and they sent me a new one no questions ask

01-Nov-18
My one Spypoint is completely worthless for night pics and day pics are not good quality either. Nothing but a blurry mess at night. Still have 5 of 8 Moultrie M88(I think) cameras running and doing a decent job at 5 or 6 years old now. So far the Browning Strike Force cameras have been the best quality pics and most reliable.

05-Nov-18
I am having near perfect on from my Brownings also

05-Nov-18
I don't use trail cams anymore. they just ended up getting stolen. missed them at first, but not anymore.

10-Nov-18
That would be very difficult for me.

16-Nov-18
My buddy had another one start acting up

24-Nov-18

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Right where they belong...

28-Nov-18
I’ve been using trailcam for over ten years from various companies. I wanted to try a cellular trailcam and I went with a Spypoint Evo. I’ve had it for two months or so. A week ago it quit sending pictures. I did get a text from the company saying that it was an issue with Verizon. They are saying that it is now fixed but you might have to turn it off and on to get it to work. Unfortunately it’s two hours away from home. They said I can’t remotely reset it.

I’m one month into my three month unlimited plan. I do have an email into their support. It will be interesting on how they respond to my emails.

23-Dec-18
My buddy only has one remaining that is still functioning somewhat. I will add that all of the Brownings I replaced mine with have worked flawlessly and none of them have even needed new batteries yet. Very impressed.

24-May-19
Just an update. That one camera is still hanging on. LOL! Still haven't had an issue with any of the Brownings.

24-May-19
Ya Brownings are good cams. I've also kept my defunct cameras to use as decoy cameras.

24-May-19
Have tried most, Bushnell has been the only ones that have lasted past 5 years, all are still good. I had 6 browning all garbage after a year, one was garbage after a week, but since it was last years model they told me i could get 10 percent off a new one. The newer poultries have been ok. Had one cuddieback and it last 4 years. I have the cuddlinksystem which I am putting out next week (8). I might do a post on it. Cabbelas cams are ok but kill batteries in a flash. I do have some old spy points and they have taken an ass whooping and still work too. Bushnell have outlasted everything by far though.

25-May-19
I had 40 Covert and sent 10 of them back after bears chewed lenses out of them and some quit working. Had great service overall. All replaced with new cameras. My little Bushnells and Moultries are my go to deer hunting cameras and are bullet proof. Other brands, I have no experience with.We did have a "famous" bowhunter up at camp who had been given Spypoint cameras to use and sponsor. They never once took a picture in a week.

25-May-19
I had the same issue. Wife bought me 4 of them off Amazon. Within 2 weeks all quit working.

07-Jun-19
I have used many brands - to date Brownings have been the best (detection and picture/video combined) and most reliable. I have 3 Spypoints in inventory and all have not failed yet. Just ordered 2 of the Force Darks.

I do wish ALL camera companies would focus on making cases WATERPROFF rather than water resistant - if Smartphones can do it there is no reason why trail cameras can't be waterproof. As it is, I hot glue the external ports as I do not use them.

07-Jun-19
I have had great luck with one for over two years - plus their cell plan is more economical than most. My preference though is the Moultrie Mobile system.

27-Jul-19
Last one is now dead. Brownings are still humming along.

27-Jul-19
You never know what you are going to get with a game camera. I've had them start to smoke the first time I put batteries in them right out of the box. I've had them only save photos for one day, and no matter how long you left them out you only got photos from the day you retrieved the camera. I have a primos camera that works fine, except it can't keep the date and time. I have a camera that won't work on photo mode, but if you put it in video mode it takes video and a photo. I've put two different brands up side by side and have them both take photos of different animals while missing others. My philosophy now is not to pay more than $100 and look for deals as price doesn't seem to be related to quality. My best luck has been with the little cheap Bushnell cameras - they are really light weight, the batteries seem to last for ever, and they are still working after years of use.

27-Jul-19
The camera can't take a picture if there are no animals to take a picture of.

27-Jul-19
I bought 4 from Tractor Supply a few years ago. They didnt last one season

27-Jul-19
Tried many different brands have settled on the cuddeback E3. Have 22 of them. Some are 4 years old and all still work flawlessly. Great battery life even in Saskatchewan winters; had some -40 days and cameras worked fine. Their protective metal boxes are also excellent.

28-Jul-19
Bought a few cheap Tasco cameras this spring...$28 at Walmart. Three of them are working great. One is eating batteries. Anybody use them????

28-Jul-19
Anyone having any luck with the Bushnell Impulse cellular?

28-Jul-19
I had a tasco and it lasted about a week. Don’t know what caused it to break but it did. Wasn’t even in bad weather, in the spring time.

• Sitka Gear