12yards 01-Oct-18
midwest 01-Oct-18
Mertyman 01-Oct-18
Trial153 01-Oct-18
Franzen 01-Oct-18
Mertyman 01-Oct-18
Lost Arra 01-Oct-18
29-Sep-18
I specifically listed Cabela's as I have about $150 in points and I really need a transportable BH target. I have an excellent DIY foam target but its HUGE 50" wide by 40" high by 3' deep and is a true PITA to take to my archery range. I also have several DIY 30" box targets full of rags for FP's. The BH target doesn't need to be small as it will be going in the back of my truck or SUV, just smaller than what I have now. Was looking at the Delta-McKenzie Chunk targets or the Block by Field Logic anyone have any experience with either please share. Except for a BH target there is nothing Cabela's sells I need right now. I figured why spend money to buy a target elsewhere when I can get one free with my points.

29-Sep-18
Rinehart 18-1.

29-Sep-18
18-1 would be my recommendation as well

29-Sep-18
Ditto

29-Sep-18
Any of the Rineharts are good broadhead targets. I think the cabelas block target, the one with the green dots, are made by Rinehart also. As stated the block type layered targets won't last long with broadheads.

30-Sep-18
Agreed on everything above. Rhinehart is the answer. Layered blocks suck for broadheads.

30-Sep-18
Ditto!

30-Sep-18
Surprised nobody mentioned the Rhinehart 18-1?

30-Sep-18
Use the cabelas sign on the front of the building. Not very portable. But it would be very satisfying.

30-Sep-18
+1 for the Rhinehart 18-1.

30-Sep-18
I use the Rinehart Rhinoblock as I prefer the cube shape to the 18 sided ball thing. I think either are a pretty solid Broadhead target. I wouldn’t have a layered “block” target regardless of what their advertising says.

—jim

30-Sep-18
The layered Block lasted a few months and that includes Cabelas brand and Block brand they suck!

30-Sep-18
The best thing about the layered targets are the arrows pull up super easy!

How do arrows pull out of the Rhinehart? I shoot FMJ’s if that matters.

30-Sep-18
I'd get the rinehart. Many years ago I went to rineharts to pick up some targets for my club. After shooting the breeze with John about everything archery he gave me a 18 and asked us to field test it with the condition we left it outside other than the rope deteriorating sumbich is still hanging in there. Great product!!

30-Sep-18
AZrecurve- fmjs pull fine. Actually easier than carbons for me.

30-Sep-18
Good to hear craig. Maybe I’ll break down and buy one after my current layered target is toast.

30-Sep-18
18-1

30-Sep-18
Thanks guys Rinehart it is as all I shoot is fixed blade BHs. Last question can you repair a Rinehart with the expanding foam repair kits fir 3-D targets? Thanks again.

01-Oct-18
I bought a layered Cabelas block target several years ago. It sucked. I put it behind my Glen Del Buck when I shoot broadheads so my heads don't hit my garage door. It barely provides enough resistence to keep the heads from hitting the garage. I'd get the Rinehart.

01-Oct-18
I like the Rhino Block due to the replacement core.

01-Oct-18
If you get the 18-1, you shouldn't have to repair it with expanding foam as you literally have 18 surfaces to shoot at, with multiple spots on the larger surfaces to shoot at.

The 18-1 is perfect for being portable and is ideal for shooting out to 30 yards. 40 and more I prefer the RhinoBlock as it's easier for my eyes to pick out the individual colored dots at longer distances rather than the black holes within the green circles of the 18-1. Just my eyes I'm sure but it's what works best for me.

01-Oct-18
Rhino block or 18-1, skip the woodland hunter

01-Oct-18
I have the RhinoBlock XL. Nice target. 18-1 seemed too small to me if you want to shoot multiple broadhead-tipped arrows in a "group". It is definitely in the transportable category though.

01-Oct-18
why skip the woodland hunter?

01-Oct-18
I have repaired an 18-1 with expanding foam and it worked fine but by the time the repair was needed the target was in pretty bad shape and the hanging loop was destroyed within the target. I have found arrows pull easier from the 18-1 than from Rineharts block/cube type targets.

• Sitka Gear