Trackdawg 03-Oct-18
Andrew M@Work 03-Oct-18
fshafly2 03-Oct-18
Killbuck 04-Oct-18
Trackdawg 05-Oct-18
01-Oct-18

Trackdawg's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
Trackdawg's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

I have this weed in 95% of my new clover field that was planted on September 1. Any idea what is it? This is a young plant. All the weeds are currently 2 to 3 inches tall.

02-Oct-18
Looks like Chickweed. My fields are full of it. Can't kill it with a hammer.

02-Oct-18
Looks like chickweed to me also. It’s a common fall annual that grows now through spring, then dies off with the heat of summer. There are a lot of good herbicides available for use in turf, but I’m not sure what your options would be in a clover field

02-Oct-18
I have Butyrac, but I’m not sure if it’s advisable this late. If it’s an annual it should die off..right?

03-Oct-18
Winter annuals die with the heat of summer but it will continue to grow until then

03-Oct-18
Roundup kills it with everything else. As soon as you till the Chickweed comes back. I've used 2-4 Db and Imox on established plots with limited success. Thinking about researching some pre-emergent next spring.

03-Oct-18
Since it is over taking my clover I will try spraying this weekend. The clover is new so I don’t want to lose it.

03-Oct-18
Don't spray with roundup or 24D or u will kill clover too.

03-Oct-18
Mow it is best way to control it if you do not want to lose your clover

03-Oct-18
2-4D b is ok to use on clover

03-Oct-18
I would mow it, but the clover is only a few inches tall. The chickweed is growing as fast is not faster than the clover. I’m not sure mowing such young clover will help. I feel spraying is my best option. Thoughts?

03-Oct-18
Never mind I thought this was a different topic

03-Oct-18
You should consider imazamox as an effective herbicide for small chickweed (and other broadleafs) that will not harm your clover. (Raptor, Clearcast, & Imox are formulations with the same active ingredient. Check out Keystone Pest Solutions as a possible source for the herbicide). -fsh

04-Oct-18
All mowing is going to do is make your Chickweed shorter.

05-Oct-18
I just read that Butyrac 200 will not kill chickweed. Anyone know for sure?

• Sitka Gear