scndwfstlhntng 02-Oct-18
LKH 02-Oct-18
Buffalo1 02-Oct-18
Jaquomo 02-Oct-18
Glunt@work 03-Oct-18
Paul@thefort 03-Oct-18
Jaquomo 03-Oct-18
01-Oct-18
Do you see any hunting clothes make from Silk fabric? I think silk fabric will keep you warm, no wet, anti bacteria.

02-Oct-18
I routinely use silk long-underwear under my woolen "longunderwear as it is thin, and warm for the small amount of bulk. I am not aware of any silk clothing of sufficient weight that it justifies the expense. Wool is a better option above the underwear/baselayer option

02-Oct-18
Campmor used to carry silk long underwear at very reasonable prices.

02-Oct-18
I have and do use silk underwear, tee shirts and gloves. They all work well. Wintersilks is a good source for silk products.

02-Oct-18
Sierra Trading Post often offers great prices on silk base layers. I have a couple sets but now prefer silk-weight poly with anti-microbial silver thread for better odor control.

03-Oct-18
Hanes makes some but don't get the ones with lace at the top...chaffing is an issue.

03-Oct-18
Jaq. "with anti-microbial silver threads". Who would have every thought? I guess putting a man in space may have helped. Paul

03-Oct-18
Ha, Paul, that's funny! The concept was actually developed by NASA scientists to control body odor on clothes during long space flights. All my base layers incorporate it now and it makes a noticeable difference.

• Sitka Gear