bad karma 07-Jan-19
bad karma 14-Jan-19
Scooter Trash 19-Jan-19
INbowdude 20-Jan-19
foxwillkill 23-Jan-19
03-Oct-18

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
The past week has been a lot of work for us here, cleaning up after the flood. The good news though is that all this flooding has pushed the hogs up out of the bottoms and they're really on the move now! Here are four of the five taken the past two days by the guys here from Missouri. Congratulations Lafe, Tom, Brent, Dan and Darrell. "Show Me" the pork!

03-Oct-18

04-Oct-18

04-Oct-18

04-Oct-18
Congrats!

04-Oct-18
Good time right there for sure. Congrats!

04-Oct-18

Baked wild pork chops with gravy. Mmmmm mmmm good!
Baked wild pork chops with gravy. Mmmmm mmmm good!
The best part of hunting wild hogs is that they're made of wild pork! Here's a recipe for baked wild pork chops or roasted pork back strap: Either slice a section of backstrap into chops or leave it whole and then season well with garlic salt and white pepper. Mix a couple of eggs in a bowl with about an ounce of water. Dredge the meat in the egg mixture and then in a pan of bread crumbs (I prefer panko crumbs). Sear the meat on all sides in a pan of hot oil. Place browned meat in a small glass dish then add enough water to fill the dish about 1 inch deep. Add two chicken bouillon cubes then cover and seal well with foil. Place in a 350 degree oven and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on thickness of meat. Make sure the liquid doesn't evaporate, add more if needed. After meat is cooked remove the pan drippings and place in a small saucepan to make gravy. If the drippings are too strong you can thin it out with enough water to get a good flavor, then bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water in a small cup and add enough to thicken the gravy. Stir constantly while boiling for one minute. Pour gravy over meat and serve.

05-Oct-18
Dang it Cheryl, sitting here at my desk, now I'm hungry. And all I have is peanut butter crackers.

05-Oct-18
Cheryl,

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Going to give it a try.

13-Oct-18

We have another group here from Kansas putting a bunch of pork in the freezer. Here's Madison with the hog she shot at stand #3.

13-Oct-18

Frank shot this nice one at stand 5a.

13-Oct-18
Wow, it’d be neat to hunt there when the weather is cool or cold. Someday. Nice pigs. Neat recipe.

13-Oct-18

Jeff shot this good boar from stand 3.

13-Oct-18

This is Garrett with the hog he shot from the ground blind at stand 2.

13-Oct-18
Michael, all it takes is a phone call to make that happen! :)

14-Oct-18

Ashlen made a good shot on this hog at stand 1.

14-Oct-18
Congrats to the hunters. We are looking forward to Feb. That sure seems along ways off. I guess will have to due with deer and turkeys right now.

14-Oct-18
Call is coming, soon.

08-Nov-18

A very nice Texas Dall taken by Gary

08-Nov-18

I took this really nice 10 point chasing does between stands 1a and 1

08-Nov-18
Great deer Matt! Congrats!

09-Nov-18
Matt, it's not fair. You've got ladie's night over at Shiloh Ranch, with all those does, and then, some stud buck comes over to get some action.....and you drill him.

Nice work.

09-Nov-18
Matt, Very nice buck. Congrats !!

09-Nov-18
Great buck Matt

09-Nov-18
Nice buck, Matt! Hope you guys are getting some time to enjoy (instead of work all the time)! Counting down the days for our Spring Break hunt - looking forward to seeing the newly renovated place!

09-Nov-18

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! Matt

10-Nov-18
Dandy buck, big bodied dude too.. nice job

10-Nov-18
Dandy buck, big bodied dude too.. nice job

16-Nov-18
Congrats Matt!

16-Nov-18

Well, I used my last buck tag on this nice 9 point. Took him near rattlesnake ridge for those that know our ranch.

16-Nov-18
Nice!!!!

16-Nov-18

This was the first piece of liver found along the trail.
This was the first piece of liver found along the trail.
We received a text tonight that AJ had shot his first ever hog so we went out to help track. There were two big chunks of liver along the trail so there was mo guessing where the hog was hit. This is the first time I've ever seen such big pieces of organ along a blood trail!

16-Nov-18

Three smiling faces! Good job AJ!
Three smiling faces! Good job AJ!
Knowing this was a liver shot we took the Kraken out and turned her loose on the trail within a minute we heard the telltale bark and headed toward where she was marked as "treed" on the GPS. We caught up to her to find where the pig had been jumped from a bed and then died just a few yards down the trail. Congratulations to AJ on his first big game animal!

16-Nov-18

Proud father and son moment.
Proud father and son moment.
I think AJ's dad Greg was almost as proud as we were :)

17-Nov-18

Mike also made a good shot tonight from stand #2.

17-Nov-18

And Mike shot this big boar from #5. Chexk out the teeth on this brute!

17-Nov-18
Fantastic second buck there Matt.

Great looking hogs being killed. Some real bruisers. Congrats too to AJ and his successful first trophy !! Many more to come - bet he is addicted now.

20-Nov-18
Great buck! Congrats to the hog hunters. What the heck kind of broadhead did the hunter use to cut a chunk of liver out of the body? Pretty wild and must have been one heck of a hole in that critter. See you in a month!

20-Nov-18
Rage hypodermic 2". There were two chunks of liver, the one pictured is about the size of a cell phone. My 13 yr old son shot that pig at 5a and then couldn't get one to stay broadside long enough on Sat at #4. Once again thanks to Matt, Cheryl and Wes for a great time. See you guys in February.

20-Nov-18
On a side note. The pig went about 100-150 yds. Could have found it without Kai but better safe then sorry especially with his first hog.

27-Nov-18

Cheryl with a nice buck!

27-Nov-18
Nice buck there Cheryl. Congrats !!

27-Nov-18
Good buck, indeed.

28-Nov-18
Nice deer Matt and Cheryl, see you guys soon!!!

28-Nov-18
Atta girl! Congrats!

28-Nov-18
Those are some nice bucks you two took. and still providing an excellent hog hunt for your hunters! I'm going to have to get down there. If nothing else maybe just for a visit!

01-Dec-18
Thank you all for the comments! We have been abundantly blessed this season with four good bucks.

09-Dec-18
Heck yeah! Matt & Cheryl deserve an awesome deer season! I know how much work they put into their operation and it's great to see them enjoying themselves every now and then!

19-Dec-18
This thread is stale. I'm going to have to go down to Shiloh and try to freshen it up a bit. Might even try the old live hunt thing if the coverage holds. Look for some updates Friday night!

20-Dec-18
I guess if your going to go I'll just meet you down there and help out INbowdude. Maybe treat ourselves to a Xmas hog or 2 this weekend? I think so

20-Dec-18

Hunters that just left (6 of them) shot 9 hogs. Yode got this one.

20-Dec-18
Old Yode is looking a little wet in that picture. Looks like the ran is moving out and nice weather ahead for the weekend. See you soon!!

25-Dec-18
A little muddy but no rain. Just some fog/drizzle in the mornings. The concrete is wet because it was rinsed off. All and all, a fantastic hunt! Finally got my hog (148 lbs) on the last morning at 7. Went about 10 yards! Hit it right in the elbow and the broadhead stuck in a far rib. It ran a few feet, fell, ran a few feet and fell. Not sure why but I ain't complain'in! Boy, Les can sure dress out those hogs fast! He was careful and pulled the broadhead out with a pliers. We saw three huge ones while we were riding back with my hog. Fantastic trip!

25-Dec-18
Congrats Yode!

27-Dec-18
Everything is wrapped and frozen except for some pieces I am going to test out my smoker on. Basically going smoke everything. So many rubs and so little time!

02-Jan-19
Yode, how did the smoker go with the pork?

04-Jan-19
Tried two different commercial rubs. Tasted great except they were too hot for my taste. Going to try some recipes from the web and one more commercial one that isn't supposed to have so much kick to it. Weather has been so cold that I haven't tried smoking for a week or so (highs in the teens). It is warming up though so time to try again!

04-Jan-19
Try the Georgia Boys BBQ rub from the Savory Spice Shop, available on-line if you don't get near a spice store that often. Not hot....and works well with a pork shoulder.

04-Jan-19
We smoke a bunch of pork and just use plain ol' seasoned salt, rubbed liberally before smoking. If you want to get real fancy, rub with mustard before applying the seasoned salt. Both result in a flavorful smoked meat without the belly burn that comes with cayenne. -Cheryl

04-Jan-19
Cheryl, I wish you still had the Spicy Texican Wild Boar seasoning for sale in the cook shack. That stuff was awesome.

05-Jan-19
Thanks Kevin and Cheryl. What was that old saying? "So many rubs, so little time."

07-Jan-19
There are always more pigs to shoot, Ken. Oklahoma won't run out of them.

07-Jan-19
Paul- I forgot all about my homemade rubs I used to sell! I'll have to see if I can dig up the old recipes to share.

14-Jan-19
And, Cheryl, I've had requests for your soaps from folks like Jon Seim, who were hoping I'd bring some back for their wives.....hate to ask you to make soap on your birthday, though.

15-Jan-19
LOL Kevin! I've certainly done more painful projects on my birthday! It's funny you should mention soap, as my milk goat Minnie just came fresh this Saturday. I've ordered some new molds that I'm itching to try, so should have some new batches made up before you come back in March. I shouldn't admit it, but I held back the last few bars from last season for our own use. I can't stand store bought soap after switching to the goat milk soap.

19-Jan-19

Scooter Trash's embedded Photo
Scooter Trash's embedded Photo
Cheryl and Matt, Mark and I had another wonderful time down visiting again.

20-Jan-19
Congrats! Nice trad hog hunt.

23-Jan-19
Congrats. Way to go. We will be there in about a month. Everyone is excited for another Shiloh adventure.

• Sitka Gear