GF 08-Oct-18
Scrappy 09-Oct-18
rallison 09-Oct-18
rallison 09-Oct-18
Beendare 09-Oct-18
Mule Power 09-Oct-18
rallison 09-Oct-18
04-Oct-18
https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/grizzly-bear-shot-by-hunting-guide-in-northern-wyoming

04-Oct-18

Mule Power's Link

04-Oct-18
They should have just allowed the hunting season on them. They are gonna get shot no matter what, either legally and legitimately, or this way. at least if they were hunted the hunter would be able to keep the bear. This way, the state keeps it, and the meat goes to waste. The head and hide gets mounted and put in some F&G office somewhere where virtually no one but F&G employees get to see it. In fact, IMO, more bears will get shot until they are being hunted and learn to fear man. The pure idiocy of the bear-hugger do-gooders just amazes me. Fact is, they don't care about the bears, they care about getting their political agenda passed.

04-Oct-18

Jason Stafford's Link
Here is a little better article that gives a few more of the incidents that are happening in Northern Wyoming............we have lots of endangered bears

04-Oct-18
Inclined to agree... I’m thinking that Mark Uptain was pretty confident that the bear spray would be adequate, but ran into an unusually aggressive individual. Question is, was that aggressiveness a genetic fluke, or learned behavior?

Anyway, nobody wants to end up a hero as Uptain did, and if the bears are going to misbehave like that, you can hardly blame anyone for not waiting to find out if the charge is a bluff or not.

What’s interesting is that this seems to be by far the worst year I can recall for Griz incidents... maybe I just haven’t paid as much attention? But if it IS a bad year, then has that been attributed to drought, or scarcity of some other seasonal food source?

Or have we just reached the tipping point for human-bear density?

04-Oct-18
I like the statement about hungry bears. All bears are hungry almost all the time.

04-Oct-18
Sss

04-Oct-18
That'sa big hole.......

05-Oct-18

Jason Stafford's Link
Busy week in Park County................

05-Oct-18
I wonder if F&G is taking it upon themselves to reduce the population when they can to spite the judicial ruling?

08-Oct-18
I hope so they should, the F&G know there is to many Grizzlies that's why they wanted a season. No one wants to see the Griz extinct but they have to be kept in check. If there numbers get to low the F&G will know the way they monitor these bears. They have to fear humans if that's possible. Sad to say the world for wildlife is shrinking! We have to protect as much Wild America as we can.

08-Oct-18
I heard there was just another mailing that ended with a dead bear... former LEO...

Anybody got a link on that one?

09-Oct-18
I want to watch people in the corn maze with an electric fence around and a grizz in it.

09-Oct-18
Hi GF...yeah, I can't get that one to link here, but my buddy near Daniel, Wyoming posted it on my facebook page. It was on the Gros Ventre not far from Jackson...last tuesday. I think f&g would have it on their site, but I haven't looked. They guy was elk hunting and got mauled...the pic posted of him looks like he got off pretty light. He killed the bear with a 7mm.

09-Oct-18
In that one, a Wyoming G&F official verified the incident and said they were assisting the feds who are leading the investigation.

09-Oct-18
Does anyone have info on the bowhunters attacked on the Wapiti Tr in S MT about 15 miles N of W Yellowstone? We ran into a circus of F&G that were closing trails due to the wounded grizzly.

09-Oct-18
I think I’m going to promote an anti hunter grizzly viewing camping trip with all meals provided. The Gros Ventre seems like the perfect location for this “life changing experience” Those folks need educated!

09-Oct-18
Mule Power...do you think you could get those "experts" outside their city limits?

• Sitka Gear