Brotsky 16-Oct-18
smarba 16-Oct-18
ohiohunter 17-Oct-18
Bowbender 17-Oct-18
Brotsky 17-Oct-18
04-Oct-18

bumpinblaze4x4's embedded Photo
I know i know; same thing, different year. I never buy a new bow when they come out but i do enjoy seeing all the releases. Here is the latest from Hoyt.....i've heard 10/20/18 for the release date.

04-Oct-18

04-Oct-18
Sales meeting is next Friday. I'm finally getting a new one.

04-Oct-18
I knew they would be saying the redwerx of this year was going to old technology in a year. Should be able to grab them cheap on eBay at least

04-Oct-18
Love looking at all the new releases.

04-Oct-18
1700 friggin dollars?

04-Oct-18
“1700 friggin dollars?“

It’s crazy, was gonna trade my defiant for a redwrx(which I really liked) but passed due to the crazy a$$ price tag. Then you gotta put all the ornaments on it.

04-Oct-18
I’m waiting for the 2020 models they will be faster quieter smoother and have less vibration than what gets released this month

04-Oct-18
I bought a new bowtech realmX for 960 canadian dollars, and its likely a better bow, lmao!

04-Oct-18
This is already the best bow Elkman has ever shot! :-)

04-Oct-18
I can afford to buy a $1700 bow. But it will be a cold day in hell before I do. I’m shooting a Hoyt Faktor 34 now and am happy with it.

04-Oct-18
Hoyt is totally insane with there bullshit marketing and inflated prices.

04-Oct-18
Gotta figure out some way to pass on the expense of giving bows to all the instafamous "hunters"

04-Oct-18
Yea I agree, their webpage with "prostaff" is like a mile long. They leetch off hoyt and then hoyt blow markets to joe bow hunter and sucker him into a infalated 1600 boat anchor of a carbon bow.

04-Oct-18
Patent pending grip system that’s worth $1700 bucks alone

04-Oct-18
Brotesky wins this thread...

04-Oct-18
"This is already the best bow Elkman has ever shot! :-)"

Ain't that the truth.

04-Oct-18
Compounds are for girls

04-Oct-18
I was wondering when Hoyt was going to Binary cams. Rex will make a ton off his patent from them...

04-Oct-18
Could go on a lot of hunts for $1700! I used to play this upgrade my bow every year BS, I realized I can't shoot a bow better than what I have and it's not a Hoyt....stick to one you are confident in and put your money towards your next hunt.

04-Oct-18
Recently I received an SKB bow case as a gift, so I guess I will have to get one of these new Hoyts.

04-Oct-18
bow 1700, sight 200, rest 150, quiver 150, tax in ky 6% 132, $2332 damn dollars. no way. and that aint all the stuff you could rig out.

05-Oct-18
Brotsky, that’s freakin awesome!!!lol

05-Oct-18
Wow....lots of Hoyt haters!

05-Oct-18
I can still remember when I shot Hoyts.

05-Oct-18
I remember too, it was a horrible experience mainly due to a crappy dealer. I'm kicking around buying a different bow but if I do it will be a carryover or possibly lightly used bow from the classifieds on one of the sites, same as the last 3.

05-Oct-18
Brotsky...HAHAHAHA!!!!

05-Oct-18
I only shoot Hoyt and only have for 34 years but I don’t buy them the year they are released. New in box a year or two post release on eBay will save you 40-60%. Picked up a new in box carbon defiant last November for 780.00. One year removed from release

People will be getting 2018 redwrx models for $800-1000 over the next few months vs $1500

05-Oct-18
How do you know what I've shot??? LMAO! This year is gonna raise a few eye brows, and not all positive in my estimation... zip :-I

05-Oct-18
Midwest, I don’t think these are Hoyt haters, I’m certainly not. I have shot Hoyt off/on for 25 years and am currently shooting Hoyt. The issue is their insanity pricing. As someone pointed out, roughly $2300 for a bow and accessories, plus tax. Some can afford that. I can but it makes no sense at all, so I won’t.

05-Oct-18
Lmao! Almost made me choke laughing Brotsky!

They say it’s smoother, better, faster.... so it must be!

05-Oct-18
I'll keep shooting my 2008 Diamond Black Ice. When it comes time for a new compound, if ever, I have no loyalties and will shoot them all and get a mid level bow. Hoyt is not the only company releasing crazy priced, best bow we ever built bows each year. They will sell, and repeat process next year.

05-Oct-18
Yeah, I've always been a Hoyt fan. No hating. They make great boat anchors. :^)

05-Oct-18
Kota-man has already got his new one sighted in and will be giving a review of the bow in Nov. on Bowsite so the rest of you will know how it performs !! Ya'll are already behind the curve.

05-Oct-18
:)... Hey I’m still shooting that OLD Carbon Defiant!

06-Oct-18
I only hate hoyts when dealing with fanboys, but you’d think they could at least make a $1500 carbon bow lighter than other companies aluminum bows.

With that said I shot a loaded wrx turbo and was unexpectedly impressed.

06-Oct-18
I’m shooting the antique Nitrum 34... must be worth about $50.00 compared to this new rig.

Everything is expensive, that’s for sure. Their margins would be small if they didn’t charge what they do, or most likely they would be out of business.

Shipping alone is absolutely costly these days, just crazy al the way around.

06-Oct-18
I’m sure the margins are not that large after looking into materials. machinery and labor. BUT! As mentioned earlier the 10 pages of “pro” shooters. And you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting someone you know that gets a bow at wholesale because they have a “pro” deal. I am guilty of falling for the BS hype. I read reviews to get opinions first then go shoot. Which is a huge mistake. Should shoot them first then buy what fits. I have had every new Hoyt carbon bow for the last 3 generations. This year I fell for the Mathews Triax hype. They all do what they say. BUT after all these must have bows and upgrades I still shoot at the same level of skill. My skill is based on my practice and learning. Not the bow. After the hype and self induced “I shoot this bow better BS” wears off it’s still the same level of skill. By the way my Triax did not get me an elk this year so I’m looking for a new bow that will :)

06-Oct-18
Altitude sick, good post.

06-Oct-18
Sweet! I love Hoyts!! Been shooting the Carbon Defiant.

06-Oct-18

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Aliminum Defiant Pro, in a blind right now dreaming of my new Hoyt. (Raining all morning.)

07-Oct-18
My 10 year old Hoyt X-Tec which I love, kills everything I aim at. Very reliable and stays in tune year after year. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

07-Oct-18
What is the old saying; "fools are easily parted from their money". I was one for many years; just had to have a new bow every year. This thinking enables bow co. to keep raising their prices. For me I finally realized a new bow after the 1st year is just another bow; nothing special at all.

08-Oct-18
Should drop on the 19th

08-Oct-18
I shot Hoyt for years. I think they have the best limbs & riser on the market. Great fit & finish. However, like many on this site, I've gone to Bowtech because I prefer twin yokes. If and when Hoyt goes to a twin yoke system, I'll give them a serious look.

I'm with Bou'bound; I haven't bought a new bow retail in a dozen years. I buy them new, in the box, on ebay after the hype & marketing dust has settled. Yup, save 40-60%.

09-Oct-18
Elkman, When the new ones come out give us your honest opinion if there any better than the Redwrx. Was going to by the Redwrx but can they make'em any better. Always shot HOYT upgrade every 5-6 yrs. Thanks

09-Oct-18
my next bow will for sure have twin yokes ... so much easier to tune .. a top yoke aint bad, but a bow with both is better

16-Oct-18
I will Bighorn for sure. I have very limited knowledge this year on what all is coming. They are REALLY being hush hush about things this year. I know there will be a 34 inch and a 30 inch bow and that the Turbo will also be offered in the aluminum line again. Outside of that I'm just not sure what's coming. I know there is one rumored to be in the line up that I don't love at all... But we will see.

16-Oct-18
ELKMAN, I'm really curious what is rumored that you don't love at all? Are they producing a crossbow now or something? If you can't elaborate I understand.

16-Oct-18
Pure speculation, but Of course they're producing a crossbow. They'll sell, it's all about money.

16-Oct-18
Crossbows are already old news, maybe they are offering an air bow.

16-Oct-18
No doubt all the major bow manu's will be selling crossbows or they will die.

16-Oct-18

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
A truck bed mounted wind lance like from the Hobbit. Yep, that's Hoyt's scuttle that ELKMAN isn't too keen on. 100-yard accuracy of the "hot" crossbows? Pshaw, that's NUTHIN! LOL

16-Oct-18
Is that an Atom broadhead on there, smarba?

16-Oct-18
You probably still couldn't get a pass-trough on a whitetail doe with that rig Smarba if you had a Rage on the end. :-)

16-Oct-18
The arrow weight isn't in grains...it's in POUNDS! Just you wait until Hoyt attaches cams to all 4 limbs...a pass through just MIGHT be possible!

17-Oct-18
Does it come with sling studs?

17-Oct-18
Well, whatever they come out with, I hope it has better strings then the POS's on my 2018 Hyperforce. Been back to LAS 5X because of it.

17-Oct-18
The only thing I really need to know about the 2019 Hoyt's is are they going to be available in Vias camo and is the finish going to be better on the 2019's?

• Sitka Gear