GLP 05-Oct-18
Abndoc 05-Oct-18
SoDakSooner 05-Oct-18
Deerplotter 05-Oct-18
Franklin 05-Oct-18
Grunter 05-Oct-18
BOHNTR 05-Oct-18
04-Oct-18
Year #3 for my Danner Pronghorn boots and they are no longer waterproof as I discovered recently. I was disappointed to find out Danner only warranties their boots for 12 months. The most comfortable boot I've every worn but wet feet are never comfortable regardless of the temperature. I guess they can only be used on fair weather days now.

04-Oct-18
You did dang good getting almost 3 years of waterproof wear out of a pair of pronghorns!

04-Oct-18
I have a pair of Pronghorns just over 2 years old. They are very comfortable. I treat all my leather boot once a year. I brush them clean with a stiff bristle brush, heat the leather with a heat gun, rub in some Obenhaufs then heat them again. I let them cool down then treat the seams again and heat them again.

04-Oct-18
Had two pair of Danner pronghorns. Very comfortable but the waterproofing was shot in a short period of time.

04-Oct-18
Mine aren't leather. Anyone have any good water proofing applications that would work?

04-Oct-18
Rubber is the only true waterproofing.. The rest is water resistant...… for a couple months.

04-Oct-18

cnelk's Link
" Anyone have any good water proofing applications that would work?"

See link

04-Oct-18
I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns. My wife bought them for me as a Chrismas gift about 5 years ago. All they are really good for is walking flat CRP fields for pheasants. For anything more rugged than that you need a better boot.

04-Oct-18
Thanks CNELK.

04-Oct-18
Crispi boots

04-Oct-18
The current Cabela's Meindel are a a good danner like boot that actually works like Danner used to.......to me they have sucked for 5 years or more.

04-Oct-18
I prefer American made Danners like the Rainforest..... Pronghorns are imported.

04-Oct-18
Little Bear, you may have a warranty option available. It pertains to the Gore-Tex lining. I had leakage issues with my 3-year old Danner Pronghorns on a recent elk hunt (dew soaked through to the point that my feet squished like sponges, pretty frustrating). I contacted Danner customer service to see if anything could be done. They explained that their warranty had expired, but that Gore-Tex has a waterproof guarantee thru the useful life of the boot (assuming the boot has not been damaged, misused, or lacks proper care). So I am in process of creating a claim with Gore-Tex - they asked me to submit some photos of the boots first, then asked my to send them to their lab for testing. If their testing reveals that their product failed they will replace my boots.

04-Oct-18
I absolutely love my PHs because they're so comfortable. That said, I feel like their waterproofing has lasted about as long as just about every other boot I've bought in the last 10 years, which is not that long. I recently bought a pair of Lowa Renegades due to all the hype. The right boot leaked after the first puddle I stepped in and the ankles/heel are built for people with cankles like an elephant and feet like a duck. I hear a lot of bad things about PHs, but I like them a lot more than the Renegades.

Still, there's better boots out there than the both of them. But PHs make a great dry-weather boot.

05-Oct-18
GoreTex has lifetime warranty. Contact them.

05-Oct-18
I have wore Danner boots (for work) for 25 years. The only ones I can get to last are the Super Rainforest. They are not cheap ($385) and are American made here in Oregon. I get about 3 years out of a set and wear every day in the nasty western Oregon weather. Any of there lines I have tried that are not American made have fallen apart in months. That said the super rainforest is not a good hunting boot. A bit stiff and heavy. For chasing game I prefer the Cabelas Meindel is terrain not too rocky and steep.

05-Oct-18
Buck Watcher, do you have to have the original receipt from your boot purchase?

05-Oct-18
Got a pair of pronghorns 14 years ago and loved them but they did leak. Still have them and wear from time to time. But basically went to a bean boot then use gators. Feet stay dry. Take gators off when dew leaves. And they are comfortable to me. I realize some don’t like them. But they are great for me. Greg

05-Oct-18
I second the Crispi vote! Best boots Ive ever owned.

05-Oct-18
I had a pair of the originals. I liked them but terrible if you had to do significant walking. Honestly had better luck with Tennis shoes.

05-Oct-18
Have two pair of Pronghorn boots. Both marginal at best for water resistance. Bought a pair of Danner Vitals and used them extensively in wet weather over the last two months. Super lightweight and much much better water resistance. Socks were dry inside while outside of boots were wet. Would buy them again for wet conditions. All boots need to be treated at some point to keep their qualities. I treat with Kenetrek Waterproofing and have good luck. Give the Vitals a look.

05-Oct-18
I have a pair of leather Danners that are at least 30 years old...maybe older. They are hunting boots and get worn only on certain type hunts. I do as Boreal does. Your boots must be maintained and no "waterproofing" other than rubber or plastic will last very long.

05-Oct-18
My Pronghorns were waterproof for 2 years with no waterproofing added. This year was year 3 and they now leak. Still a great boot and they fit my feet like a glove. I will buy another pair but will be waterproofing them much more to try and get some more mileage out of them

05-Oct-18
Big Bear is spot on......MOST hunters buy the cheaper danner's made overseas.(Pronghorn is one of them). Go to their website and click on the 'USA made hunt boots'.....you'll see their selection. These boots are still top notch, IMO.

• Sitka Gear