carcus 08-Oct-18
bighorn 08-Oct-18
DEC 09-Oct-18
MDW 09-Oct-18
BO-N-ARO 09-Oct-18
farmer33 09-Oct-18
Shaft2Long 09-Oct-18
05-Oct-18
I have shot Blazers and they work fine, but I have wanted to experiment with some other sizes and styles of vanes. Impossible to find anything other than Blazers at any store other than online ordering.

Does anyone else shoot something besides Blazers?

05-Oct-18
Last time I shot blazers I was in my early 20s. I'm a bit of a vane junky. I've tried about everything. Blazers might be the loudest I've ever used.

05-Oct-18
I am not a blazer fan. Shooting mostly max stealths right now.

05-Oct-18
I shoot blazers because they’re easy. Some super glue gel and I’m ready to go. I’m not buying a special primer, then a special glue.

05-Oct-18
My outdoor arrows get original Flex Fletch, indoors get Vantetec.

05-Oct-18

LINK's Link
I shoot Q2i fusion vanes in 3” .

05-Oct-18
Ive shot a bunch. Gravitated to Blazers because they are readily available and easy to use.

Maybe state what you want to go to. Plenty of folks with experience with others if you state what you are looking at.

NAP quickspins are far louder than blazers btw...they work though. Just L. O. U. D.

05-Oct-18
I tried Blazers (along with 9 other vanes) about 10-12 years ago. Didn't like them. They were loud. If you stood them on a table they looked like this > / / \ \ l / \ \.

Flex-Fletch FFP-360 and Trueflight 4" feathers is all I use now. Well the Trueflight feathers for 40+ years. I did try Flex-Fletch SK-300 and would use them too.

05-Oct-18
Flex Fletch FFP-360. Lower profile, tough as hell.

05-Oct-18
Never have shot them in my 40 plus years at this. I mostly shoot 4” feathers but sometimes 4” vanes. Not saying any thing good or bad about Blazers, but what I have been using has worked very well, so I am sticking with what works.

05-Oct-18
FFP 360s for me. Probably will try the 300s in a 4 fletch next year.

05-Oct-18
Been shooting Flex Fletch for last 2 years. SK 300's this year and very happy with them.

05-Oct-18
I have shot Blazers (4 fletch) for years and had a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” attitude.

Then I started experimenting with the Flex Fletch 360 vane. I experimented with 3 and 4 fletch. Settled on the 4-fletch.

Fletched a dozen and took them to Africa. Very pleased with their performance. The seem to provide a stable, accurate flight of arrow with a broadhead attached. Plan to continue to use this setup this year. I am shooting 125 gr vented VPA and Woodsmen Elite BH’s.

05-Oct-18
4" helical vanes....for hunting. I used the blazers on practice arrows during the off season...easy to replace when they get knocked off.

05-Oct-18
I did, now I don’t.

05-Oct-18
Shot 4" feathers and vanes for years. Switched to Blazers several years ago and have been unhappy with adhesion and having them fall off while elk hunting.

Tried some Flex Fletch FFP 360's this year based on comments on the Bowsite and I didn't like them. I stripped them all off and put Blazers back on but this time with Zing Cling and the primer and haven't lost a single vane.

I don't know about the "loud" thing, I've never heard my Blazers say a thing...

05-Oct-18
Never have shot them in my 40 plus years at this. I mostly shoot 4” feathers but sometimes 4” vanes. Not saying any thing good or bad about Blazers, but what I have been using has worked very well, so I am sticking with what works.

05-Oct-18
Switched from "Conventional" fletching to "FOB's" about 13 years ago. Haven't shot a conventionally fletched arrow since. FOB's simply work....and eliminate all the tools, glue, and time involved with any of the conventional fletching products.

05-Oct-18
4inch gateway feather. then dip them in dri feather. have for 40 plus years. won't change

05-Oct-18
I am a flex fletch guy.

05-Oct-18
Blazers on my whitetail deer arrows. Once I use up my supply of Blazers, it's SK 300's from then on.

Use SK 300's on arrows for ground hunting.

05-Oct-18
There was a thread about two months ago where guys talked about how Coues deer would always duck an arrow with Blazers but wouldn't duck with other vanes.

05-Oct-18
That's funny... I killed 2 Coues Whitetail the last two years with Blazers... they're dead. Ed F

05-Oct-18
I switched back to 4” duravanes this year and put as much helical as possible. My arrows fly much better and are quieter imo

05-Oct-18
I shoot fusion vanes on my compound and my wife shoots blazers.

05-Oct-18
Throw me in with the flex fletch 360 group also.

05-Oct-18
Haven’t shot blazers in years since they cost me some Coues Deer. Been shooting low profile vanes lately and liking them.

Vanetec, AAE and Fletch fletch. Been using 4 fletch AAE pro max lately

The blazers are well used by many. I got a little irritated at how some are bent bases different lengths and different weights etc

05-Oct-18
Have you tried the 300s yet Ermine?

05-Oct-18
I've killed 5 AZ Coues deer bucks with Blazers. Don't like the 3" lower profile vanes that were sold by Trophy Taker (Silent Hunter, or some name like that?) as well, but they were quieter when I tried them. Didn't control fixed blade heads as well so stuck with Blazers.

05-Oct-18
I shoot the Fusion Q2 vanes. Love them.

05-Oct-18
I shoot 4 inch 4 fletch and I can shoot any q125 gr head and it will fly the same as my field tips

05-Oct-18
Rayzr feathers

05-Oct-18
Flex Fletch

05-Oct-18
AAE Max Stealth helical with 4 fletch. Shooting 175 grain VPA solids - they handle them well!

05-Oct-18
Been shooting 4" feathers for years and play with vanes from time to time, more so lately. Ordered some Flex Fletch 3" vanes to try a 4 fletch combo with.

05-Oct-18
Ihave been using Vanetec for a little while now. Arrows fly well.

05-Oct-18
Blazers, Vanetec, feathers & others. I make arrows for 8 family members & we switch up depending what we use the arrow for. My target arrows have a 2" low profile on them right now. Another has a 3" parabolic feather. My hunting arrows this year are a 4" helical shield feather. Son is shooting blazers hunting & low 2" profile vanetec for 3-D. G-Daughter is Blazers for everything. G-son blazers for everything. Lots of choices out there but Blazers seem to treat everyone pretty good.. Last year my hunting arrows were 2" off set Razor feathers.

06-Oct-18
flex fletch SN300 has been working well, getting great broadhead flight with them. Couldn't say as to noise, I'm about half deaf.... I will say few vanes are as noisy as feathers and feathers have been killin' stuff for a very long time..... Many if not most broadheads make as much or more noise than fletching. Arrow flight noise is a more of a natural noise than a bow going "pop". IMO not a big issue.

They are a stiff vane, which I'm sure helps them stabilize. Only issue is being so stiff they tend to hang up on the other side of the animals. I get two holes, but often find the shaft a few feet or yards down the trail. You don't get many of those "what was that" hits and go back to feeding and tip over like with a sharp two blade and feathers..... although I did have a buck last year take the hit and just walk off 20 yards and down. That was a pass through and a good hit.

06-Oct-18
I started using Blazers about 10 years ago. Every now and then I'll try something else but always end up stripping the new vanes and going back to Blazers. I use the Bohning wraps and Loctite Ultra gel control glue, never had a single vane come off...ever. Also killed a Coues' deer with Blazers, he didn't seem to mind.

06-Oct-18
5” right wing feathers

06-Oct-18
weekender21 + 1. I’ve been using Blazers for a long time as well. I also use an arrow wrap and Loctite Ultra gel. Never had any adhesion or “noise” issues.

06-Oct-18
Killed a few animals with blazers. I’ll kill a few more. Shooting them in 4 fletch now and love it. Yea they are loud but I’ve sat down range of other vanes vs blazers and the difference to me is minimal. Best steering vane in calm conditions with fixed heads

06-Oct-18
AAE Max Stealth.

06-Oct-18
5” shield cut left wing feathers. Not sure the blazers would work...

06-Oct-18
FlexFletch Silent Knight (SK) 300 vanes. Absolutely quiet, and excellent fixed broadhead flight.

06-Oct-18
I fletch my son's arrows with 2"Ryzors! 4 fletched! I know they don't last as long, but their faster and quitter! And for my long bow, I shoot 4 fletched 3"!

06-Oct-18
4" duravanes been shooting them forever

06-Oct-18
5" left wing shield cut

06-Oct-18
Switched to FF Flash vanes last year and well pleased with them. Similar to Blazers but a little lower profile. Control fixed heads well yet they don't have the "parachute affect" that larger vanes can have at long range.

06-Oct-18
Not anymore. 3" fusions in 4 fletch

07-Oct-18
The 2Qi Fusion vanes have a much better base for glue adhesion, IMO, and they are just as stiff as the Blazer if not slightly more rigid. The SK's are very stiff, really like them also. I just got a bunch of the 200's and some 300's to try. Impressed with them so far,

Using 4-fletch AAE ProMax on my Valkyrie arrows, very good system for higher FOC arrows. When you look at the size of the Jagger head and those little ProMax, it makes you wonder, but they fly purty as a box full of speckled pups.

Doubt I will ever fletch another Blazer..

07-Oct-18
Vanetec HP's for me.

07-Oct-18
I used blazers for about 4 or 5 years but went back to my 4.18 flex fletch vanes. They are a bit more work to put on the arrow but the best I have ever used. All my hunting arrows have flex fletch again now.

07-Oct-18
I'm a longbow guy...been shooting 4x4 Tru-Flight right wing feathers for a looooong time. Lol

07-Oct-18
I use dried carp fins. Readily available, all natural, and I’ve never had a problem with my arrows fish tailing...no matter which head I use!-D

07-Oct-18

Hoyt59's embedded Photo
Hoyt59's embedded Photo
There's always that one guy! :-)

08-Oct-18
I shoot Flex Fletch period. I won't shoot anything that is noisy on my arrow, and Blazers are one of the loudest vanes in the industry...

08-Oct-18
We shingled the roof of the chicken coop with Carp scales once. We caught large Carp back then.

08-Oct-18
=8^O

08-Oct-18
I shoot 3" plastic vanes and 3" feathers, 4" feathers , 5" feathers , 4" vanes, and blazers rarely and they are collecting dust . They take to far to stabilize , yet do show poor arrow flight better then others.

08-Oct-18
I've been shooting blazers for years, before the blazers I shot feathers

08-Oct-18
Flex-Fletch 360's low profile and tough and quiet.

09-Oct-18
Been using 4" feathers for over 20 years. Never have seen a need to change.

09-Oct-18
All my arrows have a 4 inch vane and have been working well for 25 years. Course it helps when I order in bulk and can replace the vanes any time I want.

09-Oct-18
Never liked them.... I use 4 inch vanes with a helical. Ya, I know, hard to teach a dog a new trick. But I don't use mechanical heads either. (Sorry, just could not help myself)

09-Oct-18
FOBs - too good and too easy to go back - Slick Trick's like 'em too

09-Oct-18
I don’t, used them when they first came out but found them to be very inconsistent in length and adhesion reliability.

• Sitka Gear