iceman 10-Oct-18
Duke 10-Oct-18
Rut Nut 11-Oct-18
Bou'bound 11-Oct-18
Treeline 11-Oct-18
Rut Nut 11-Oct-18
Charlie Rehor 11-Oct-18
07-Oct-18
Check out this link and tell what you think this elk will score. Lots of guessing on the KY forum so I figured I'd let the guys that hunt elk a lot more than we do check it out. All I know is it would fill up a freezer and thats all that matters to me.

www.kentuckyhunting.net/threads/monster-bull.162938/page-2

07-Oct-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
This it?

07-Oct-18

07-Oct-18

07-Oct-18
It scores um...... big! I love dark racks with great mass.

07-Oct-18
Low 370's gross. short tines but lots of mass. Nice bull!

07-Oct-18
385 maybe. Just a beast no matter the #s.

07-Oct-18
His about we guess the weight. Jeez that things a HORSE!!!!

07-Oct-18
Big enough!

07-Oct-18
380+ Beautiful bull

07-Oct-18
398! Hehe.

08-Oct-18
Lungshot lmao!

08-Oct-18
I always guessed elk on the east coast would have shorter, but heavier and more trashy racks. Just an assumption based on the kind of cover and food they have relative to western elk. This guy seems to support that...

08-Oct-18
No way that’s 398! My cousin’s brother’s uncle’s in-laws have a 398 and it’s not even close!

Freakin beauty, wah.

08-Oct-18
It's one of the coolest bulls I've ever seen.

I wonder how much it weighed, it's gigantic.

08-Oct-18
Wowza. That’s some mass. I’ll say 374”

08-Oct-18
WEAK thirds

08-Oct-18
How is it out of the woods in one piece?

08-Oct-18
Droopy ears!!!

08-Oct-18
Thing that gets me is these elk were relocated from the west years ago and of the Rocky Mountain subspecies, but seeing some of these monsters killed in the east like KY and PA, some seem to have taken on the extinct "Eastern" subspecies characteristics of multiple crown points... So are these elk actually evolving into that extinct subspecies? Anybody else notice that?

08-Oct-18
Zbone, yes and yes.

08-Oct-18
"I always guessed elk on the east coast would have shorter, but heavier and more trashy racks."

LOL, Are you sure you're talking about elk?

08-Oct-18
with the size of its body the antler size might be deceiving. 390's.

08-Oct-18
A lot.

Awesome bull!

Congratulations to the hunter and a huge thank you to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the State game and fish agencies over there and everyone else that helped to restore elk to the east!

08-Oct-18
Keith, I WAS actually talking about bull elk, but good point :) I've spent a little time in Kentucky....

08-Oct-18
Might be interesting when a world record gets broken from Kentucky or Pennsylvania...

Heck, I gave a rack to a friend over in Kentucky before they ever got any elk. Maybe I should get it back!

08-Oct-18
Kentucky is on the east coast of what........the Ohio river?

08-Oct-18
Ya gotta understand, anything east of the Mississippi is “east coast” to many of us over here in the west that have never been east of Kansas! Not much hunting that direction so no need to go;-)

08-Oct-18
I think 114 would be very appropriate on this one.

08-Oct-18
370-375 short tines lots of mass kind of a Roosevelt Rack

08-Oct-18
Great bull! Congratulations!

Are those guys in the photo ISIS, ANTIFA, or just run of the mill Kentucky liquor store robbers? (Before anybody gets upset and puts down the jug, my family is all from KY and most of us have teeth.. :-))

09-Oct-18
Aw, guess if you count them itty bitty white tails.... But that ain’t really hunting, more like sittin’ ;-)

09-Oct-18
Is it not field dressed? The meats going to go bad. Maybe they're not concerned about that.

09-Oct-18
That's how they roll in KY..... heheheh..... bet it was a bugger to get up on the car hood... =D

Always amazes me to see one hanging like that. That's a big bull, but I'd guess a lot of em would look pretty big hanging. I've never seen hanging personally. They're hard enough to wrestle around on the ground breaking them down.

Congrats...... that's a dandy. Lots of character. Hard to tell from the lens used in the pics.... could go 330 to 380.... hard to tell. Great mass, but mass doesn't count a great deal score wise, length does, mostly tine length. Great fronts it seems but weak thirds and swords. Tine length will hurt the score. Having lots of them certainly helps though.

Plenty big......most folks the bull of a lifetime.

Assuming they have tape measures in KY...... you tell us what it grossed out at?

09-Oct-18
Just recently driving from WV to CO, I’ll say one thing with certainty. Kentucky people might not have tape measures, might not have teeth, etc.... but, they sure know how to build and properly install road signs like no other state from here to there. And, there seemed to be more great looking women there then any other state along the way. That was just my observations. :^).

09-Oct-18
I'm heading for my cow hunt to SE KY this friday. I was talking to a friend in the area who has helped me with some private access (hopefully I won't need it) and the first thing he asked me was if I was bringing an ATV. I said no and he said, well they are a big animal. I told him I was prepared to bring it out on my back and he acted like I was crazy.

Almost everyone I've seen with elk kills in KY brings 'em out whole. I ain't bringing one out whole unless it falls by the truck and someone sets it in my truck bed with a crane. :)

09-Oct-18
HISTORY Kentucky, 2017 elk ie, BC scored green 408 3/8, final 392 3/8

2015 elk= 377 5/8

2018 ?????????????????????????

09-Oct-18
Awesome bull, very cool non-typical!

09-Oct-18
TD, I was trying to picture that bull tied actoss the hood of a '74 Charger. :-O.

09-Oct-18
Hey Lou, wasn’t the General Lee a ‘69 Charger? That bull would look cool as hell strapped to the roof of an orange Charger with 01 on the side:-)

Although that bull has a non typical point, it’s not going to be enough to push it into the non typical category in B&C (or even P&Y if he’d shot it with a bow).

His score will be based on the typical 7x7 frame and one additional point that will add to the gross but not the net. With that mass, the length on those points is deceptive and will be longer than you would think.

09-Oct-18
Many of the elk are killed on reclaimed strip mines and are accessible by vehicle.

09-Oct-18
Kentucky has a elk program that involves private land owners that can donate 1000 acres plus, of land for the public to hunt elk on. In return, the land owner receives an elk tag for each 1000 acres donated. The 2017 bull was killed on such a property (Coal Co property) with such a tag.

09-Oct-18
The old strip mines are absolutely riddled with old roads. If you kill one on top they are easy to get your vehicle to. I have also seen people tying long ropes from the elk to their truck and pulling them up to the flat areas. The side hills in that area will rival any Colorado mountainside as far as steepness. That said, we have packed out all 3 that I’ve been involved with. Part of the fun :)

09-Oct-18
My son has been lucky enough to have been drawn 3 times. The 3rd time is for this December. The first 2 hunts he killed both times and we did the gutless method and packed them out as well. Fun times and good eating. I have been putting in for 19 years and can't get a sniff of a tag. At least one of us is lucky.

10-Oct-18
My buddy knows the hunter. Said tough score was 396”. Not official, of course.

Monster.

10-Oct-18
390. Great character on that bull!

11-Oct-18

09-Oct-18

Aw, guess if you count them itty bitty white tails.... But that ain’t really hunting, more like sittin’ ;-)

What about bears? In 2003 there were 3 shot over 800 lbs in our area of the Poconos ;-)

11-Oct-18
I don't see 396 there. 386 max

11-Oct-18
Ya know I’m just jealous Rut! You guys have way more hunting time than we do and now you have huge elk!

11-Oct-18
LOL! Truth be told..............I’m jealous of you CO guys- you can get an OTC Tag every year and only have to drive a couple hrs to be in prime elk country! ;-)

11-Oct-18
In Maine it is required law to bring your bull moose out whole for check in!

Good luck Mark!

• Sitka Gear