StickFlicker 19-Dec-18
bowonly 19-Dec-18
Swampbuck 20-Dec-18
APauls 20-Dec-18
DL 19-Jan-19
08-Oct-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Got this from an outfitter here in Ca He would be a beast if both sides were like his left horn.

08-Oct-18
Unique...

08-Oct-18
Hard to tell from one photo but It appears the horn comes out at an abnormal angle. I think we are looking at what should be a side view from the front. Regardless, he's a trophy for sure.

09-Oct-18
Maybe it’s just swollen. :)

09-Oct-18
I'd call him Picasso.

10-Oct-18
Photoshop????

10-Oct-18
That type of growth is uncommon, but does seem to happen with some frequency. Here's a Utah desert ram from a couple years back. On this one, the horn had actually grown into the side of the ram's jaw:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID8/5883.html

As you can see from that series of pics, the aberrant growth resulted in the horn being somewhat rotated, giving the illusion of more mass from the frontal view perspective. Could be the same with the California ram above.

10-Oct-18
Rams just weren't meant to be NT. Not that I'd pass one up, but not an attractive trophy.

10-Oct-18
Would the abnormality effect the scoring on this sheep in any way?

11-Oct-18
Looks like he got dropped on his head as a lamb.... Wonder if he can see out of that eye.

11-Oct-18
Kyle this was from Cliff StMarten.

11-Oct-18
Horn deformities in sheep are often a result of sinusitis.

11-Oct-18
Smarba I agree....Iove non typical Muleys....don't prefer it on anything else and hate the look of these sheep...

11-Oct-18
He's a California Left Winger.

18-Dec-18
I also love NT deer but that sheep looks odd, that said on the wall with a 3/4 turn the right way and he would be a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19-Dec-18
t-roy, There would be no penalty for the length difference, but there are deductions for circumferences that don't match.

I was shown a picture last year of a live Utah ram that had a third horn, although it was small and hung straight down its face.

19-Dec-18
Brendan Burns took a Dall ram in Alaska in 2015 with a similar odd horn.

20-Dec-18
Maybe a left side sleeper

20-Dec-18
That mostermuleys link shows how the damaged horn makes it go that way. Very cool.

19-Jan-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Remember this ram that some thought was photoshopped? Looks a lot larger than the picture.

• Sitka Gear