What is wrong with these friggn people?!
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
Shug 09-Oct-18
thedude 09-Oct-18
Rut Nut 09-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 09-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 09-Oct-18
smarba 09-Oct-18
South Farm 09-Oct-18
Jaquomo 09-Oct-18
Bowfreak 09-Oct-18
HFlier 09-Oct-18
TrapperKayak 09-Oct-18
Linecutter 09-Oct-18
APauls 09-Oct-18
Ogoki 09-Oct-18
Bullhound 09-Oct-18
stealthycat 09-Oct-18
wild1 09-Oct-18
WapitiBob 09-Oct-18
bow-hnt 09-Oct-18
newfi1946moose 09-Oct-18
TD 09-Oct-18
Rut Nut 09-Oct-18
ryanrc 09-Oct-18
Rth1229 09-Oct-18
Huntcell 09-Oct-18
Hoyt59 09-Oct-18
Matt Palmquist 09-Oct-18
Muskrat 09-Oct-18
drycreek 09-Oct-18
GF 09-Oct-18
Dutch oven 09-Oct-18
Grunter 09-Oct-18
thedude 09-Oct-18
TD 10-Oct-18
BTM 10-Oct-18
LBshooter 10-Oct-18
South Farm 10-Oct-18
Ron Murphy 10-Oct-18
Jaquomo 10-Oct-18
iceman 10-Oct-18
Bowfreak 10-Oct-18
Owl 10-Oct-18
woodguy65 10-Oct-18
MK111 10-Oct-18
oldtimer 10-Oct-18
DMTJAGER 10-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 10-Oct-18
Owl 10-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 10-Oct-18
Elite 1 11-Oct-18
TrapperKayak 11-Oct-18
deserthunter 11-Oct-18
Aces11 11-Oct-18
Elite 1 11-Oct-18
Will 11-Oct-18
09-Oct-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Not sure if it was removed or I just didn’t click save.. if the former ... drop it again...

What’s wrong with these pieces of trash wishing a young boy gets shot in the face?

09-Oct-18
“Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Give a man the internet and he becomes a c**t.” Our society has become soft and the outrage culture has an outlet unfortunately. It seems that a large percentage of our population is also on Meds and live disconnected from reality.

09-Oct-18
I'll never understand what causes people to care more for a wild animal than for another human being!

09-Oct-18
Guys, this should be no surprise. Liberal Dems are full of hatred towards other humans, just watch the news for one evening.

09-Oct-18
Unfortunately many hunters support the fanatical left with their left wing voting at the polls, I have never understood that either.

09-Oct-18
Well said Pat. Thx for hosting the Bowsite forum!!!!

09-Oct-18
Exactly why my kid won't ever be on social media until he's an adult and can make that decision for himself. I'm really shocked by any parent that lets their kid post on-line knowing full-well the creeps that lurk there. So overwhelmed with pride they put their kids popularity before their safety. Why take the risk, keep it in-house until he can fend for himself!

09-Oct-18
Dr. Michael Savage wrote a book about 15 years ago titled "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder". Never more true than in 2018.

Any hunter who posts anything about what we do on mainstream social media is either trolling for trolls or a glutton for punishment.

09-Oct-18
Agreed Mb.

09-Oct-18
If you look this guy up on facebook he is a very sick person. Wouldn't surprise me if we see him on the news some day.

09-Oct-18
Have never been a subscriber to Facebook, Twitter, or any of those kind of sites. Never will. This one and LW only. Too many lefty whackos out there, and I want nothing to do with them. Society is going to hell fast.

09-Oct-18
Sadly the Freedoms we have in this country of ours, has turned into the freedom to try and shut them down, by threats, intimidation, and out right prejudice and bigotry (I AM NOT talking racial using those words) . Sadly Our Freedoms have been bastardized, by those who believe it is only what their narrow minds, feel freedom should be. This is why many want to change the Constitution. This is why these so called human beings act as they do. They only believe in THEIR freedom of speech, not the Freedom of speech from others. The word OFFENDED is shutting down FREEDOM! DANNY

09-Oct-18
Only problem with completely removing ourselves from the rest of the world is one day they won't realize we exist. Gotta fight back in a positive manner somehow. Nobody ever sees an image with a dead animal and all of a sudden it's a shocker.

09-Oct-18
On the same topic , have you noticed on hunting shows there is a disclaimer saying " graphic scenes , blood etc" " and then the TV is full of shows like NCIS etc , that never have a disclaimer ??? The Bible says to hunt animals and eat , but it also says "" do not kill humans" " .

Does not make since to me . Shows on TV show bloody murdered people laying on the floor or bed. People being shot etc. The world we now live in .

09-Oct-18
it is assholes like this that keep me from dealing with Faceplant and other social media sites. Couple forums like this one and that is it.

09-Oct-18
liberals - the most hateful, intolerant people on the planet

09-Oct-18
Ignorance + fear + crybaby + stupidity = Liberal fanatic.

09-Oct-18
Nothing brings out the crazies like a dead bear.

09-Oct-18
Its pure hate from the left communist, brain washed! good job young man! nice bear!

09-Oct-18
The 'left' has gone off the deep end!

09-Oct-18
So self centered and living in their own protective bubble.... no self awareness...... they can't imagine they could possibly be intolerant hypocrites much less step back, look at themselves and see that they are. They only see what they want to see, and how they see themselves is as morally superior...... that justifies anything they say or do in their minds. Tolerance and free speech, why, it's awesome..... as long as it is chosen from their list, which they approve. Dissenting views are not just debated.... they are forbidden. Mental instability must be not only "tolerated" (I don't really care what you do, just don't include me in it....) but publicly sanctioned and celebrated.....

Add in the ability to be an anonymous bully, power of a sort to those who have none. A mob to join and be a part of..... signalling and showing all your superior virtue.... look at me.... me...... and don't forget, me....

Yeah...... they are a selfish self centered hot mess......

09-Oct-18
Jaq- I used to listen to Savage's show until he showed his anti-hunting views! After Palmer killed LEO THE LION(or whatever they named him) he kept talking about the "macho sicko hunters" that get pleasure from killing poor defenseless animals. He would find a way to bring the topic into most of his shows. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and stopped listening.

09-Oct-18
Everything

09-Oct-18
I’m with pat on this one, havent had any of the liberals propaganda accounts in years

09-Oct-18
Savage did a anti hunter rant on his radio show recently after the grizzly hunt was stopped by a judge .

He couldn’t praise that judge enough and condemn those sicko hunters.

He has an attitude against hunters for some reason

09-Oct-18
Those type of comments from the left should unfortunely surprise no one... Solomon had it right nearly 3000 years ago. Ecc 10:2... "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left. Even when the fool walks along the road his sense is lacking and he demonstrates to everyone that he is a fool...". Amen!

09-Oct-18
People like that have some major issues obviously. To each their own, but I have met some great people due to social media, just like I have bowsite, and attending the P&Y convention. It is just another avenue to network.

Keys to avoiding attacks like that, at least on facebook, set your profile to friends only; avoid posting on public pages that are being followed by antis, etc.

That said, avoiding it is a smart idea if you can't handle seeing political posts that may conflict with your beliefs. But what are we accomplishing if we only surround ourselves with like minded people? Social media is dividing our country at a rapid rate because unfriend or unfollow is very easy. People are losing the ability to have a discussion and actually listen to one another. Internet tough guys are everywhere...even here at times:(

Matt

09-Oct-18
A friend and I rabbit hunted a lot with our longbows as kids...and he managed to put an arrow through the web between his thumb and forefinger. Somehow we ended up in a little article with a picture of us with rabbits we had bagged, in the Parma Post (Parma, Ohio) ...a little story about us bagging bunnies with bows, and about my buddy's mishap. This was in 1961, and you should have seen the hate mail that came to the Parma Post, and to our parents!

09-Oct-18
It's good to hear that Michael Savage is an anti. It just confirms what I always thought. He's an idiot. Conservatives have their idiots too.

As for facebook, it never even crossed my mind to join. I get enough social media here and other hunting forums.

09-Oct-18
South Farm got it right. Parents are STUPID to post troll-bait pictures of their kids.

09-Oct-18
The saddest thing about reading the posts above is what most of you apparently assume all liberal leaning people are like. To characterize all Democrats and liberals as many of you have, couldn't be further from the truth. There are unreasonable, crazy people on both sides of these issues and nobody's mind will be changed by all the vitriolic posts. I thought this site was for useful archery related information---not political rants, Bible quotes, and crying about how bad social media is.

09-Oct-18
Those comments are down right disgusting. Does anyone think there will be another civil war? Could be 100 years away-200 years?. Look how much our country has changed in the last 100 years. Pretty crazy. We know the left has alot of political power, almost every big city is for the left. And alot of big social media is left. I can only imagine as time goes by medium size cities get bigger, and big cities get much bigger. They will out number us before we know it and try taking alot of things away we love to do.

I'm not saying I want a war, I can appreciate a discussion on things. However IMO people will revolt when their way of lives are threatened. In the words of Ted Nugent...."what happened when they tried to take our guns?"......"we killed every one of them" Again I'm not saying I want ANYONE dead. However I do think our capacity of America will hit a boiling point and something has to give.

09-Oct-18
Once my 2018 season is over I am posting my grizzly, caribou, Dall Sheep, and hopefully add a moose and bison to the list with the tags drawn this year. It’s good to “run silent” but I have lots of positive feedback from people on the fence when I make my focus about biology and the food aspect. I think huntings future is in promoting biological needs and clean organic food. The radicals will never change but logical individuals might change.

10-Oct-18
Dutch, if I thought it was just a handful of crazy people that had lost all civility and moral conscious.... sad, but it is what it is. There are crazy people in the world. Shake your head and carry on.

Unfortunately that is not the case. You have HRC yesterday saying we cannot be civil until we win our power back. You have Mad Max encouraging confronting people at restaurants and others posting home addresses to harass them over what they see as unacceptable disagreement. Etc. etc.

The moment I see the left cleaning up their own house and disavowing this crap I might agree with you. I don't see it. I see the left getting more and more radical and uncivil and just plain psycho more and more...... and more and more encouraging and justifying such behavior.

If I didn't think what they are doing is right then I'd try to change it. If I couldn't change it I'd PUBLICLY disassociate myself from it and condemn it. I don't see that happening.

10-Oct-18
Never used Facebook, never will.

10-Oct-18
These antis who wish death on a child are mental cases, plain and simple. They should be laughed at and ignored, and I love debating these idiots. When you do debate an anti, use facts,stay calm and smile a lot and it drives them crazy. They end up walking away ticked off and the best thing is when you say have a nice day, they usually turn and say something nasty back lol .

10-Oct-18
Who was protecting the kid? Do they live such an isolated life to not know by posting his picture with a dead bear on social media that he would indeed be chastised, belittled, demeaned, threatened, insulted?!? Ok, you're proud of your kid, hang a huge picture of him with his bear in your entryway, have the bear made into a rug, whatever, but if you care about him you don't put it on Facebook where half the world's far-left wingnuts reside! That's just dumb; you're simply inviting these idiots to rip on your kid...and in this case threaten his life. Sorry, but this is on the parents as much as anyone..

10-Oct-18
We are at a critical time in our history if you are a conservative. We came pretty close to not getting the Prez pick for Supreme Court and even more bothersome would be the implied change in our judicial system from Innocent to proven guilty to guilty until proven innocent. If that had happened it would be a short time until all justice would be guilty until proven innocent. Then those in power would have the ability to pick anybody they wanted to silence with a false accusation, and we could say good by to the freedoms we enjoy. Vote this Nov and all the time. There is real danger out there.

10-Oct-18
Conservatives riot too. But instead of wearing masks, assaulting people, destroying property, stifling free speech, we riot at the voting booth and vote for people like Trump who make the left crazy because he wants to actually move the country forward toward prosperity and national security.

In college political science in the 70s we learned that the left values symbolism over substance. That is truer today than ever. That kid with the bear is a symbol of many things they don't understand, and therefore hate.

10-Oct-18
I'm with Matt Palmquist on this. Thought he spelled it out well. I have facebook, don't post every day or anything though. It can be a good way to keep up with those in the hunting world, including lots of people I've met though Bowsite. Not all social media is bad.

10-Oct-18
Even Democrats at the local give power to the ones above them. If you vote for Democrats, you are voting for a progressive leftist agenda. I want to vote milquetoast Republicans out of office but I can't when they are running against a guy who might be centrist but always will vote to support Karl Marx.

This is what happens when hunters vote for Democrats on issues like public land. Yes, the Republicans are not good on public land, so I fight them on their position, but Democrats are bad on pretty much everything. Even considering as much as I like to hunt, public land is less important to me than liberty.

10-Oct-18
Two thoughts immediately come to mind: 1) sunlight is the best disinfectant and 2) the ground one cedes is merely more area from which to be attacked.

10-Oct-18
I have a FB account don't post much but when I do its dead animals or fish. I've had one for 5-6 years in that time I have posted 3 bears, an elk, pigs, javelina and multiple deer. My profile pick for most of that time was me and my dead bear. I changed it 2 years ago to me and a dead elk. I have never gotten anything but positive comments. I've also included pics of my son (he does not have an account) shooting his first deer several years ago and tagged my wife's account (so all her friends saw it as well). Had nothing but positive comments, mostly non-hunting women from my wifes friends - 50-60.

I take quality pics, sun at my back, I pose the animal and clean it up, make sure there is a cool looking background if possible. The first thing I type under the caption is something about the wonderful meat I'm bringing home. Regarding bears I even talk about the fat... rendered down is incredible and if you google best pie crust you will see the top chefs use bear grease/oil for the crust...usually gets quite a bit of interest. If applicable I talk about the "adventure", share additional scenary pics.

You can control who "see's" and "shares" the picture you post. When I post - its "private" meaning only people I'm friends with can see it and comment. Additionally I'm not one of the folks that have 500-1000 "friends", which again, is where one gets into trouble, my Friend group is about 150 and I'm quite selective as to whom I friend. If I were to post pic "public", then anybody in my friend group could "share" and repost the pic on their timeline - now all their friends could see and comment, and the process repeats and that's how it goes viral and out of control.

At the top of the pic posted you will see "Bear Group" I searched on FB. This is that wack-a-doodle lefty anti bear hunting New Jersey group. If some of you guys remember, there was a thread posted on here last year about these weirdos and some funny video's of the women holding hands in a cirlce crying and singing songs to the bears...so thats who you are dealing with here.

If you were trying to debate them in their closed group it would be difficult/comical, but if this were truely on the young mans own FB page and several of the public made these drive by comments, they would be verbally crush in minutes. As stated above you want to do this calmly, but call out ole Bob on wishing the kid gets shot in the face, thats an easy one and the crowd would turn against him quickly. Then move on to Suzanne "Dumb Dumb" Bozanno stating its not ecology...LOL. Uh yeah actually Suzanne it is "ecology" actually science backed conservation. You go on to educate her by explaining the tags are allowcated by State or Provincial bioligist and they change from year to year based on factual data. As we all know there is a mountain of positive things you can go on to say about hunting and eating.

Hell Bowsite isnt anything but a mini Facebook complete with selfies and differing opinions. Granted, the diff with BS is we all love hunting but I think we are missing the boat by avoiding these folks on FB. I'm nobody, but thats my humble opinion.

10-Oct-18
I was setting in a group of 6 on Saturday night when I checked my phone news and seen Kavaugh was elected to the SC. Three people looked at me and said 'who's that'? One guy just shock is head no. One lady said 'now he can sexually attack the woman on the Supreme Court'. My reply was that after 7 FBI searches and not one person even said anything the past about a old rumor of such things happening. No reply from anyone.

10-Oct-18
Semi-related to this...

BS must be blocked at Taco Bell. Been to four different locations in two states, cannot access it. Is this intentional on their part?

10-Oct-18
Blame it on Walt Disney, he is the main person who huninaized animals., with Bambi, Mickey and all of the cartoon animals

10-Oct-18
MK111, you are dealing with EXTREME left leaning Marxist's, and no they are NOT liberals, they stole that title from the Libertarian party which Marxist's are the antithesis of. This the party that whole heartedly from the very bottom of their soulless beings think its absolutely great to systematically slaugter 2500 unborn children a day in this country, but shooting an animal and eating it is murder? If that is not the definition of complete insanity I know not of one. They are the most extreme form of "The ends justify the means" way of political thinking. It is only a matter of time before the open hostility and hate that spews forth from their mouths like the demonic vomit did from Regan MacNeil in the movie "The Exorcist" escalates from the rhetoric of the unhinged along with a few random acts of violence to organized acts of violence against all who oppose them.

Mark my words it is but a matter of time, especially if these clueless looney's fail to win back either or both houses in next month elections, then the call for more extreme acts of defiance will start and once a few acts of violence occur without immediate swift and sever consequences, it will only embolden them to ever increasing acts of violence. They are being told by United States senators to seek out and persecute any and all supporters of Trump MAGA or anyone who supports conservatism AND EVEN THEIR CHILDREN where ever they find them including going to their homes and the schools their children attend, how long does anyone think before these calls of verbal persecution escalates into physical violence, on either side? if you were in a public place minding your own business enjoying time with your family especially your children and not just one but several of these moronic looney's like ANTIFA began to verbally assault you or your children and had you cornered you and you then felt threatened, bad things can happen very quickly under those circumstances, and NO MATTER what they did to you the media will paint you as the aggressor and at fault. Mark my words the day is coming and sooner than most are willing to believe.

10-Oct-18
The Left have turned very violent, not the party they used to be. No longer for the middle class working people, all about keeping their own political jobs and agenda. No real hunter is a today's democrat, none.

10-Oct-18
"Blame it on Walt Disney, he is the main person who huninaized animals., with Bambi, Mickey and all of the cartoon animals"

- When I was a kid, I overheard my wife's (then girlfriend) maternal grandfather say, "Walt Disney ruined this country." It really struck me because he rarely spoke in declaratives. He was a measured and wise man; I believe he was correct.

10-Oct-18
They are largely the antihunting crowd of violent, and sick individuals.

11-Oct-18

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
This is all I have to say about those left wing dems

11-Oct-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
LOL!! Awesome, Elite! The Dems are committing suicide though. They are only believable to other lefty extremists. They will diminish and eventually self destruct, and our troubles will be over... NO WAIT, I TAKE THAT BACK...STUPIDITY IS CONTAGIOUS.! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS.

11-Oct-18
It is amazing how tough people are behind a keyboard.

11-Oct-18
We just had youth season in North Dakota. I seen lots of people I am friends with post pictures of their kids with deer they have shot or their first pheasant. Nothing but posts congratulating the kids on their success. Glad I still live in a place where people haven't gone completely crazy. Don't get me wrong, we have our share of idiots, but for the most part hunting is still a way of life here. Even people that don't hunt could careless about the people that do hunt.

11-Oct-18
I couldn’t agree more go on bucks and bull of North Dakota it is all good comments. And lots of kids hunting there are future old saying take your kids hunting and you won’t have to hunt for your kids. Granted you have to half nuts to live here some of us just got over 16 inches of snow yesterday oct 10th good god. Who knows maybe it keeps some of the ref raf away,wouldn’t want to live any where else.

11-Oct-18
Disappointing. Congrat's to the kiddo.

• Sitka Gear