Dale06 01-Nov-18
JB 22-Feb-19
Nick Muche 22-Feb-19
JB 22-Feb-19
PECO 22-Feb-19
AZBUGLER 22-Feb-19
BOWNUT 22-Feb-19
09-Oct-18
Before I got fat and lazy, I used to tinker with fletching my own arrows. Then I went the simpler route with the shrink wrap fletching. Reading the Blazer thread motivated me a bit and I’m going to get back into the game. That being said, what’s your recommendation for adhesive and jigs. Am shooting the Easton Injections. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

09-Oct-18
I use an Arizona E-Z Fletch Mini, arrow wrap, Blazers, and Loc-Tite Ultra Gel to fletch my Axis shafts. Been using this setup for years with zero adhesion issues.

09-Oct-18
I like the Arizona E-Z Fletch as well. I just use Fletchtite on my FMJ's and Blazers.

09-Oct-18
It depends on what you are fetching. For the most part I have been using the EX-Fketchb with Fletch Flex vanes. I stroped using Blasers when they put advertising on every vane.

09-Oct-18
Arizona ez fletch here also.

09-Oct-18
Thank you for the tips. I am leaning toward the Flex Fletch, but not 100% sure yet.

09-Oct-18
Arizona mini for the short, Blazer type vanes. Bitzenburger for everything else.

I fletch my Flex Fletch FFP 360's on a wrap, Zing primer on the base, and same glue as Wyobull.

09-Oct-18
Have an antique Hoyt tri-heli fletch, has been going strong for 40 years and does three at a time, any angle you want.

09-Oct-18
Been fletching my own for 35 years I only use 4” feathers and vanes Bitzenberger right helical Fletch tite platinum And I use onestringer wraps

09-Oct-18
What are you wanting to fletch- feathers or vanes?

What length are you want to fletching are you wanting to use?

Do you plan to use a wrap? If yes, what length?

09-Oct-18
AZ EZ fletch. I've looked at every fletching jig out there under $100 and for $50 it doesn't get any better or simpler than a AZ EZ jig. And the jig is impervious to acetone so all you need to do to clean it up is soak the arms in acetone for 5-10 minuets and it comes out spotless.

10-Oct-18
AZ EZ fletch mini

10-Oct-18
I do the same as most of the others, az ez fletch mini, loctite gel, and usually use a wrap. Fletching blazers.

10-Oct-18
Buffalo1 - Vanes. Haven’t decided length yet. Wasn’t looking at wraps, but the advice is pointing that way. Definitely has my curiosity up.

10-Oct-18
I have the AZ mini and it has worked great. I'm planning on getting a Bitz so I can play with 4 fletch though.

10-Oct-18
I bought my first Bitzenburger in 1975, another in 1980 so I could have one set up LW and the other RW and not switch them around. I can do any length fletch. I love to play with lots of fletching combos, from 1.5" vanes to 5" feathers and even flu flu's.

10-Oct-18
JB

Your vane/feather can be a determining factor on the jig itself. Some jigs max out at 2.25” vanes. Others can handle any length vane/feather.

Both vane/feathers have their pros & cons.

If you decide on wraps Onestringer.com offers it all- length, color, etc.

Good luck on your pursuit.

10-Oct-18
Awesome! Thank you!!

10-Oct-18
Onestringer is awesome and super fast shipping!

10-Oct-18
I have used the same AZ EZ Fletch for 20 years. They work great. A buddy of mine bought the mini and cannot fletch anything larger than a 23 shaft.

10-Oct-18
Arizona Ez Fletch Mini. I also have a Bitzenberger but with the Blazer vanes I could juts not get a helical on them, but the mini does an amazing job.

10-Oct-18
Onestringer +2. Although I use Blazers on my FatBoys for 3D without arrow wraps and have never had a problem, the arrow wraps I use on my hunting arrows allow for a nearly indestructible bond. The only thing I do is wipe the wrap with denatured alcohol. Make sure you don't use rubbing alcohol...it contains oil.

VogieMN brings up a point I take for granted if you're going to use a short vane such as a Blazer. A fletcher that allows for longer vanes is designed to provide helical along the entire length of the clamp. The shorter the vane, the less helical that can be applied. An Arizona Mini is designed for shorter vanes, so it puts more helical in a shorter distance. You won't find another fletcher that puts more helical on a short vane. The more helical, the more drag and stabilization. Extremely helpful when shooting broadheads.

10-Oct-18
Correct. I think many folks having issues with broadheads are shooting with no helical or even offset, amazing how many prebuilt arrows are sold as straight fletched.

AZ mini is a great tool for 2" vanes. Bitz for everything else. I'm really liking the zing primer, cuts prep time way back and always get great bonding combined with the Ultra Gel Control.

10-Oct-18
I have a bitz but I only shoot 5" shields. Works great.

01-Nov-18
Lots of good info. I didn't even ask but now I'm thinking I don't need a Bit, just look up this AZ mini for my target arrows. I may have to buy something else though as I do aspire to become as good at 30 w/ my Tomahawk as I can with a compound at 60. 2" blazers & 5" feathers. Two different things.

This does bring the question to mind of bare shaft tuning. When all is set up perfectly, the Tomahawk doesn't seem to care at 15-20 yrds if feathers are on or off. Never tried it with a compound but something to try & learn for myself I guess.

01-Nov-18
Bitzenberger right helical for me since 1980. Have fletched 100% of my arrows since buying the fletch jig. I use 4” feathers mostly, but some 4” vanes. Last five or so years I wrap with onestringer wraps and use Fletchtite platinum glue. Before wrapping I also used Fletchtite.

22-Feb-19

JB's embedded Photo
JB's embedded Photo
Bringing this back to the top to thank those who offered advice! I went with the right helical Bitzenberger, Flex Fletch 360 vanes and Onestringer wraps. Being a diehard Vikings fan, I went with purple and yellow. I hope they don’t sail wide left...

22-Feb-19

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Sharp arrows! I just finished up a dozen with my Bitz to take mountain goat hunting next week.

22-Feb-19
Very nice Nick! Good luck on the goats!!

22-Feb-19
Buy nice, buy once, buy Bitz.

22-Feb-19

22-Feb-19
Beautiful Nick. Good luck and get them bloody.

• Sitka Gear