TD 10-Oct-18
rooster 10-Oct-18
Charlie Rehor 10-Oct-18
Southern draw 10-Oct-18
GLP 10-Oct-18
09-Oct-18

JayG@work's embedded Photo
So after 26 years of falling out of airplanes with the Army my neck has been giving me issues. I had a couple of surgeries starting in 2000 and to and things have been slowly deteriorating up until the point where I am having a difficult time pulling my bow back. I went out and bought a crossbow but shooting it just doesn't feel right. I'm going out to Ohio to hunt on the lease that Kelly Harris originally invited me in to eight years ago. I was wanting to dedicate this hunt to him this year but was afraid that I would not be able to pull my bow back. I've been going out hunting these past couple weeks since the beginning of Upstate New York archery season. Yesterday I went out and had the opportunity to shoot luddo out of my food plot and after pulling back one time and losing my shot and then pulling it again I managed to close the deal with a 15-yard shot and a 50-yard Blood Trail. I'm feeling a little more optimistic about Ohio and hunting with my bow and not my crossbow. I'll probably bring it anyhow but unless things get really bad leave it in my camper and just stick with my no cam HTR. My surgery on my neck is on the 20th of November so wish me luck for this year in Ohio and wish me luck on the operating room table. God bless you all.

09-Oct-18
Great job hunting, and thank you for your service.

09-Oct-18

A happy guy after the shot.

09-Oct-18
Get down there on Big Cleavage Friday Jay... ya never know who might be pushing deer your way brother

RIP Kelly.... never forgotten. Never!

09-Oct-18
I feel for you brother. I'm having my pacemaker replaced October 15th, right smack in the middle of the first month of bow season. I haven't had the itch yet, been too hot, but that all changes in a couple days. Good luck on your Ohio hunt. I hope you kill a good one for Kelly.

09-Oct-18
Congrats and God Bless you too.

09-Oct-18
Right on JayG!

09-Oct-18
Perfect Jay and Thank you very much sir.

09-Oct-18
Hell, yeah, JayG....congrats!

09-Oct-18
Gettem Jay!!

09-Oct-18
Good luck with both the hunting and your surgery!

09-Oct-18
Congratulations Jay.

Happy you can draw your bow.

09-Oct-18
Great job, Jay! Now kill that 114".

09-Oct-18
Hell yea man!!! Keep at it.

10-Oct-18
Congrats Jay! Do what makes you happy and have a fun fall!

10-Oct-18
"Back in the saddle, again" Jay. Great job.

10-Oct-18
Nice! Happy that things are looking up. Good luck in Ohio.

10-Oct-18
Please post a picture of your world class trout!

10-Oct-18
Good luck on your surgery and hunting .

10-Oct-18
Good luck Jay! Hope to see a write up on the Ohio hunt! I too think of Kelly and family and wish them well. Greg

• Sitka Gear